N-Europe

Bioshock: Infinite

Dyson

Thanks for that, that is cheap!

Can't quite decide though, because I think I'd like Infinite to be my first experience of such a world/gameplay. Suppose I could just look at playing the first two afterwards though!

I guess it depends how different the games play. Sometimes you play a game that is a sequel and then try to pick up the prequels only to find the advancements in gameply you got with the recent game make the other ones harder to swallow even if they were lauded as brilliant at the time. I'm currently facing that as I make my way through the first Deus Ex game after being blown away by Human Revolution (which if you haven't got, you desperately need to!) - I can see why it was so highly rated but it feels a bit dated now.

Obviously these being closer together reduces the change for such improvements but it is still something to consider. Plus, if you play the first game and hate it, it's not like the games are going to be so radically different that you would love a follow up. Especially given a day one purchase for Inifinte will cost you more than the double pack though it's price will come down over time quite quickly I'd imagine like most other games do.

You could always try holding out for a BioShock Trilogy Edition but it looks like they are trying to make a clean break here so I wouldn't hold my breath.

It's up to you dude. I'm merely presenting options here - I'm not providing solutions :)

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I tried that too. The original Deus Ex is a pretty damn hard pill to swallow these days.

I don't believe the original Bioshock will ever feel that way though, because a lot of what was worthwhile about that game came from the ambiance and the environment. System Shock 2 still plays pretty well these days.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

PS3 & 360 versions are £34.98, you basically get a free crap T-shirt included (it's £26.98 for PC). Free digital downloads of BioShock 1 if you pre-order a PS3 or PC copy.

http://www.thehut.com/elysium.search?search=bioshock+infinite

That seems to be the cheapest of all the major UK online retailers. Any advances, you let me know!

Columbia trailer part 2:

The first, and exclusive, review for this is out now.

IGN

It's from IGN and they're the only ones allowed to publish a review before release. Take from that what you will.

There's still a part of me worried about the quality of the game. Why are they practically giving it away in the pre-order bundles? Why are IGN the only ones allowed to publish a pre-release review? Not that I have much choice about getting it now. As soon as they added X-COM to the GMG bundle I bit. :grin:

9.5 from IGN for the PC version?

Even if it's not as good as they say, surely that'd mean worst-case scenario it's more of an 8.5... but review scores are only a rough guide in any case, ShopTo have taken the money for my 360 version so I can't wait to play it for myself. :)

Yeah, I mostly think it will be an excellent game. After all it's back to being developed Irrational Games unlike BioShock 2. I'd have been more worried if the actual review didn't seem to lend itself to such a high rating.

Personally I'm hoping GMG will send out the serial keys early so I can pre-load the game through Steam. The minimum specs required for the game mention 20GB of HDD space so it's going to be a hefty download.

Edited by V. Amoleo

The first, and exclusive, review for this is out now.

IGN

It's from IGN and they're the only ones allowed to publish a review before release. Take from that what you will.

There's still a part of me worried about the quality of the game. Why are they practically giving it away in the pre-order bundles? Why are IGN the only ones allowed to publish a pre-release review? Not that I have much choice about getting it now. As soon as they added X-COM to the GMG bundle I bit. :grin:

I hate your cynical posts they make me sad. I've been super hyped but on a media black out I skimmed the review and now am pumped!

From the sneak-peak trailer they show on teh 360 dash (the ones in the little boxes), it does show the lighthouse from the 1st game (if that means anything). I believe their will be some connections to the 1st game, like seeing some characters before they've gone completly crazy or similar.

Still, coming on Tuesday so not long to wait and see for ourselves now.

I pre-ordered the PS3 version at The Hut with that incredible grey fitness t-shirt for £34.98

Pumped. I didn't even get on with the original BioShock but everything about this looks incredible, the detail and everything about Elizabeth's animations is awesome. GIMME!

I pre-ordered the PS3 version at The Hut with that incredible grey fitness t-shirt for £34.98

Pumped. I didn't even get on with the original BioShock but everything about this looks incredible, the detail and everything about Elizabeth's animations is awesome. GIMME!

Hope your a patient man and not after the game in a hurry - The Hut are incredibly slow at delivering anything.