Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Time to B*tch About Life

Serebii

Unfortunately not, but it was only on new cars anyway and the prices were ramped up a little to compensate. A little out of my budget unfortunately, although I did think about it several times.

Ah, that's a shame, I can't say I ever really looked into it, hopefully my poor betsy will last me a few more years or I'm screwed.

R_A is sexy, buy your tickets!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Move to America. Seriously. I went out last night properly for the first time' date=' met lots of random girls, ended up in a hotel bar with this super hot asian girl and hopefully I'll see her again tonight. The girls absolutely love the british accent - even though I'm a godamn brummie.[/quote']

Having just read this, I really hope you nailed her..

I didn't, but I did see her and had some more good times with her. She wouldn't let me in her hotel room though, the tease. I might see her tonight but she hasn't mailed me since this morning so who knows.

Maybe I'll just randomly go to some bars and see what happens...

Another b**ch really

I am effectively out of work now (by that, i mean i get paid and do nothing except surf the net). Some of you may think "awesome, wish i had that job". Well it isn't as good as you think. Once you've done a few hours of net surfin, the rest of the day drags by. I don't like being employed when my job doesn't exist no more. It isn't nice at all.

And to make matters worse, there seems to be no employers willing to take me on. I've had 3 rejection letters, 4 or 5 rejection e-mails and 1 rejection phone-call. There is 1 plus side to this, at least they are contacting me back. If you can't get into Lidl (yes, i am that desperate for work) then where else really. I don't want another 6-7 months of being bored, job-less and un-able to do anything.

I think someone has it against me personally.

Guest Captain Falcon

I'm sure I could write forever in this thread if given the time, but it wouldn't get me anywhere. So I aren't going to bother.

But I question how much of my woes I'm personally responsible for. And if I had to guess, it would be almost all of them. So in that regard it's entirely my own fault.

Now it's time to start doing something about it.

Another b**ch really

I am effectively out of work now (by that, i mean i get paid and do nothing except surf the net). Some of you may think "awesome, wish i had that job". Well it isn't as good as you think. Once you've done a few hours of net surfin, the rest of the day drags by. I don't like being employed when my job doesn't exist no more. It isn't nice at all.

And to make matters worse, there seems to be no employers willing to take me on. I've had 3 rejection letters, 4 or 5 rejection e-mails and 1 rejection phone-call. There is 1 plus side to this, at least they are contacting me back. If you can't get into Lidl (yes, i am that desperate for work) then where else really. I don't want another 6-7 months of being bored, job-less and un-able to do anything.

get on your frontierville, i could amuse myself with that EVERY day if I had internet access =P

I get your point though, it gets very frustrating having nothing to do

Another b**ch really

In the last week I have sent at least 10 applications, in the whole summer - 4 months, coming up to 5 months of entirely nothing, I've heard back from one job saying I didn't get it.

In other words; I totally hear you there, but you just have to stick at it, if you get demoralised you'll continue to sit and be bored! I hope you find something!

I'm sure I could write forever in this thread if given the time, but it wouldn't get me anywhere. So I aren't going to bother.

But I question how much of my woes I'm personally responsible for. And if I had to guess, it would be almost all of them. So in that regard it's entirely my own fault.

Now it's time to start doing something about it.

Bitching is good for letting out steam. One shouldn't simply whine about things (I know I've been guilty of that on these forums), but "bitch therapeutically", so to speak. Get it out of the system and clear the mind in order to focus on handling the issue(s).

Bitching is good for letting out steam. One shouldn't simply whine about things (I know I've been guilty of that on these forums), but "bitch therapeutically", so to speak. Get it out of the system and clear the mind in order to focus on handling the issue(s).

Which is why I made this thread...so I could bitch and get it out somewhere where it wouldn't bite me back in the ass and then deal :)

Sooo bloody crap. I have another ear infection! I keep getting plagued with these insane things... my entire ear swells up and actually physically sticks out. and of course because its solid gristle tissue its extremely painful. :(

And my hand is really bruised and sore from the needleage. nurses tried to take my blood and failed. That always really knocks my confidence as well.

Grrahahahhfhflkdglkdsjhlkgj.

get on your frontierville, i could amuse myself with that EVERY day if I had internet access =P

I get your point though, it gets very frustrating having nothing to do

Haha, yeah i tend to play that whilst in work as well. I like to keep the weeds down, and the trees cut-back. Will help your ranch later.

In the last week I have sent at least 10 applications, in the whole summer - 4 months, coming up to 5 months of entirely nothing, I've heard back from one job saying I didn't get it.

In other words; I totally hear you there, but you just have to stick at it, if you get demoralised you'll continue to sit and be bored! I hope you find something!

It is demoralising once the application has been sent as well, the worst part is hearing nothing even after sending/calling to check on progress.

Could be bad for you though.

Releasing sexual tension feels good. Throwing up when you are sick feels good. Finally getting to a restroom feels good. So, it seemed to follow, draining bad blood or driving out demons or siphoning away black bile to bring the body back into balance must be good medicine. Be it an exorcism or a laxative, the idea is the same: get the bad stuff out and you'll return to normal.

It's drug-like, because there are brain chemicals and other behavioral reinforcements at work. If you get accustomed to blowing off steam, you become dependent on it.

Common sense says venting is an important way to ease tension, but common sense is wrong. Venting – catharsis – is pouring fuel into a fire.

Source: http://youarenotsosmart.com/2010/08/11/catharsis/

Could be bad for you though.

Source: http://youarenotsosmart.com/2010/08/11/catharsis/

I see and agree with the points in the article, but that's not exactly what I advocated, either. The article deals with anger and expressing aggression, but I wasn't talking about agression and fruitless expression of emotions ("whining", as I put it). I was talking about sorting out the issues that you're having trouble with. If you're going around with issues in your mind, keeping them to yourself is a bad idea because you get stuck in those thought patterns. And when you're stuck in those thought patterns, it becomes very difficult to actually work on your issues. That's where it helps to get your thoughts out, to put them down on paper or tell someone about the things you're dealing with. Not raging or whining, because, like I posted earlier, that'll just keep you trapped in the negative thoughts (I essentially said the same as the article does). The point is not actually to "let out steam", though I used the phrase, but to sort of get the thoughts out of your mind and out into the open. Once they're out there, it's easier for you to clear your mind and actually work on your issues.

If venting = feeling better, then a pattern can emerge where one vents about anything just to feel better rather than addressing the issue which causes the vent..?

I think venting is important most when you have ears for it to fall on -- and not just nodding, agreeing ears but devil's-advocate ears that offer fresh perspective so that you can learn to cope with an issue that is causing frustration by actively looking at the situation in a different light as it happens rather than needing to vent in order to process.

If venting = feeling better, then a pattern can emerge where one vents about anything just to feel better rather than addressing the issue which causes the vent..?

I think venting is important most when you have ears for it to fall on -- and not just nodding, agreeing ears but devil's-advocate ears that offer fresh perspective so that you can learn to cope with an issue that is causing frustration by actively looking at the situation in a different light as it happens rather than needing to vent in order to process.

Exactly. You should vent only as a means to help yourself focus on actually solving the issue(s). Venting just to vent won't get you anywhere, but rather keep you trapped.

Too bad that no one (that I know at least does) does that, as soon as I started giving people advice or pointing out something that made them less of a victim then they stop whining to me.

Which makes me annoyed that they are not listening too me, so I stop giving said advice and then they come back because I am back again someone they can mindlessly bitch too in some diluted hope that I care, but say nothing productive.

A vicious cycle.

Edited by Mundi

I can see what you mean, but sometimes it's just good for someone to just sit there, nod and go 'that sucks' and move on, a lot of my rants are completely random and just need that, others, more serious do need ears to fall on, so personally I see it as both.

Too bad that know one (that I know at least does) does that, as soon as I started giving people advice or pointing out something that made them less of a victim then they stop whining to me...

It's 'no', not 'know'. (Fail!) :p

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!