N-Europe

Breaking Bad

ReZourceman

Well, he's been screwed over by Walt, and he is pretty much the 'good guy' in a series where everyone else seems to have become at least a little bit evil.

I really don't like Walt anymore; normally I have a bias towards the main character's cause but not in this case. Walt has taken a very ugly turn.

I'm with you on Hank, I've never been able to like him, even though I know that, in this latest series at least, I probably should. For some reason I still feel something for Walt, despite how much of a prick he may be, like when...

Hank and Marie watched that video a few episodes back, my GOD. I was cackling like a mad man, was so happy to see their reactions and how it all tied together - such as how Marie let Walt pay for Hanks hospital bills.

But yeah, this last episode was amazing but for the first time I think it has left us on a needless cliff hanger. I've always thought Breaking Bad has been great with its dramatic scenes without going over the top, but the ending to the last episode did feel a bit 24-esque. And everyones aiming must have been piss poor, good grief. It made for some tense viewing though.

I can't wait for the next episode because I don't even know what I want to happen now. On the one hand, it would be great for Hank to get Walt in theory (because he's such a bastard now) but when I actually thought they had Walt for good (before Tod's mad cronies appeared) I felt so disappointed. We'll have to wait and see, eh? I also have such a soft spot for Jesse now, but I can't see things ending well for him!

And everyones aiming must have been piss poor, good grief.

People around the Internet have shown that the aiming wasn't too bad. The range was much more than it looks in some viewpoints and Hank was already behind cover when the shootout started.

It actually lookes like Gomes might've been hit.

I can understand why people are pissed at this seemingly unnecessary cliffhanger, however I feel the deaths of Hank and Gomie don't really need to be shown. I think next week's episode will start calmly, during the aftermath of the shootout, almost a mirror image of the scene with Hank, Tuco and Cap'n Cook's hydraulic car in s2.

People around the Internet have shown that the aiming wasn't too bad. The range was much more than it looks in some viewpoints and Hank was already behind cover when the shootout started.

It actually lookes like Gomes might've been hit.

Well anyone who played Modern Warfare 2 knows the range of the AA12 Shotgun is dogshit. :p

On the topic of which characters people feel sorry for, I think Walt Jr is the only one I feel sorry for...well and teh baby I guess. Surely after the shootout in the desert either Walt Jr will find out what his dad has done which could have a massive negetive mental effect on him. Or Todds Uncles crew (seriously what is his name? I keep forgetting) will do as Charlie suggested and be the ones who burn down Walts house and kill his family (including Jr and the baby :()

Just to put forward another possible outcome.

Say Hank, Gomez and Jesse die in the shootout.

Walt is told he owes them one last cook as agreed and prolly try to say he owes them more since they saved his skin/prevented him from going to jail etc.

Walt refuses cause they killed Hank.

Somehow Walt manages to get away, get his family and use Sauls "vanishing guy" to get away and start over in whatever state his drivers license from the ep1 flashforward said he was from.... either Walt Jr will then learn the truth or Walt Sr. will make up something that they are being moved under a witness protection program or something.

Walt and family then try to live out life in the new place for a few months (possibly with Walts money still intact...as I said, with Hank, Gomez and possibly Jesse gone the DEA won't know to look for the money and the Nazi guys don't know it there either)

Todds uncle burns down Walts house out of anger

Or someone is smoking inside and tosses a cigerate on the carpet not knowing there is still gas left over from when Jesse poured it all over the place

Or maybe it just falls into a poor state after Walt does a runner with his family

Just before Walts 52nd Birthday, Todds Uncle manages to track down Walt and either kidnapps his family (or a member of) to blackmail Walt into coming back to cook or just kills one or all of them (maybe thinking he also killed Walt). Walt then decides to take revenge (if they died) or rescue (if kidnapped) which leads to him wanting the M60 and planning something with the ricin.

Slightly different to Charlies idea, but either should lead to what we've seen in the 2 flashforwards :)

On the topic of which characters people feel sorry for, I think Walt Jr is the only one I feel sorry for...well and teh baby I guess. Surely after the shootout in the desert either Walt Jr will find out what his dad has done which could have a massive negetive mental effect on him. Or Todds Uncles crew (seriously what is his name? I keep forgetting) will do as Charlie suggested and be the ones who burn down Walts house and kill his family (including Jr and the baby :()

Just to put forward another possible outcome.

Say Hank, Gomez and Jesse die in the shootout.

Walt is told he owes them one last cook as agreed and prolly try to say he owes them more since they saved his skin/prevented him from going to jail etc.

Walt refuses cause they killed Hank.

Somehow Walt manages to get away, get his family and use Sauls "vanishing guy" to get away and start over in whatever state his drivers license from the ep1 flashforward said he was from.... either Walt Jr will then learn the truth or Walt Sr. will make up something that they are being moved under a witness protection program or something.

Walt and family then try to live out life in the new place for a few months (possibly with Walts money still intact...as I said, with Hank, Gomez and possibly Jesse gone the DEA won't know to look for the money and the Nazi guys don't know it there either)

Todds uncle burns down Walts house out of anger

Or someone is smoking inside and tosses a cigerate on the carpet not knowing there is still gas left over from when Jesse poured it all over the place

Or maybe it just falls into a poor state after Walt does a runner with his family

Just before Walts 52nd Birthday, Todds Uncle manages to track down Walt and either kidnapps his family (or a member of) to blackmail Walt into coming back to cook or just kills one or all of them (maybe thinking he also killed Walt). Walt then decides to take revenge (if they died) or rescue (if kidnapped) which leads to him wanting the M60 and planning something with the ricin.

Slightly different to Charlies idea, but either should lead to what we've seen in the 2 flashforwards :)

I like it but why would 'Heisenberg' be written on the wall?

I like the idead that Walt tells his family they are in Witness Protection but in reality use Saul's guy.... Say Hank/Gomes/Jesse get killed but Walt manages to escape. As he witnessed it all they need to escape.

Next one is called Ozymandias, which is a poem about the fall of a king and his empire. Episode 15 is called Granite State, which is the nickname of New Hampshire, where Walt relocates so I assume this episode will either be set there or lead up to him leaving. Last one is called Felina. No idea on that one. Anagram of finale maybe?

I like it but why would 'Heisenberg' be written on the wall?

Yeah I asked teh before in a previous post.

My initial assumption was Walt was on the run from Hank (and possibly coming back to kill Hank for taking away the money and ruining his kids futures as Walt would see it) and "Heisenburg" was on the wall in his house because it was public knowledge now he was Heisenburg.

But with it looking now that Hank will die, which means Walt is on the run for different reasons and possibly it is not public knowledge he is Heisenburg.

So maybe a member of Todds Uncle's crew put it there as a taunt or maybe it was just a coincidence. You know, like "Heisenburg" becomes a bit of a urban legend afterwards and we see local teens are just mucking about in this now abandoned house and some random teen just happened to spray paint it there.

Perhaps after he uses "the guy" to vanish people think (somehow) he died which again explains his neighbours shock at seeing him in teh 2nd flashforward.

Maybe Walt burns the house himself, somehow gets some cadavers from a morgue to use a doubles for him and his family, so people will think he (and family) died in the fire while he uses "the guy" to vanish themselves with new indentities :D

Todds Uncle either isn't fooled or is at first but later finds out Walt is still alive and tracks him down, kills or kidnaps his family again leading to Walt wanting an M60 and the ricin]

@Mokong X\-C
... it's not burned down in the flash forwards, it's just empty and run down isnt it?

TBH, most people seemed to be saying it was burned so I just went with that, I don't fully remember. :p

Assuming Walt isn't on the run from the DEA then a faked death in a house fire would explain his neighbours reaction. If not a house fire then maybe something else.

Or maybe his identity as Heisenburg is indeed public knowledge.

Gah can they just show the final 3 episodes on monday in a 3 hour marathon so I can stop speculating :p

TBH, most people seemed to be saying it was burned so I just went with that, I don't fully remember. :p

Assuming Walt isn't on the run from the DEA then a faked death in a house fire would explain his neighbours reaction. If not a house fire then maybe something else.

Or maybe his identity as Heisenburg is indeed public knowledge.

"Heisenberg" is sprayed across his wall... I think it's pretty clear that the world knows who he is at that point

"Heisenberg" is sprayed across his wall... I think it's pretty clear that the world knows who he is at that point

That's what I thought at first too, but with Hank and Gomez dead (we assume) and nobody else at the DEA in the loop how would it become public knowledge?

Marie is left but without proof how is she going to make the DEA believe her?

As I said before could just be a coincidence.... the teens seen using his pool as a skate park could have just randomly sprayed it in the abandoned house they hang out in :heh:

Hopefully come ep 14 all/most of this will be addressed, ep14 will prolly end with Walt getting in a car with Sauls "vanishing guy" to New Hampshire, ep 15 from the ep being titled "New Hampshire" will deal with events while Walt is there, ending with Walt deciding to return home and ep 16 will have us caught up with the flashforwards we've seen.

Oh my god.

How did they miss that first shot on Hank?

I actually went and read speculation from elsewhere since my last post and there are some interesting points. Regarding the shooting scene many people highlighted that the distance between hank and Todd's lot is much larger than you think. People also spoke about Todd (I don't know how to spell his name) purposefully missing his shots because he heard Walt, his mentor, say "don't do it!"

I think it's likely walt and jesse will be forced to cook, but the interesting thing is the theory that it's Hank's wife who desecrates the household as she knows walt is heisenburg.

Some people think that walt fakes his own death, hence the neighbour's reaction when she spots him. I don't really think he's on the run, considering he was in public buying his birthday breakfast and all.

Thinking about the ricin, perhaps Hank is in a coma or something and hank wants to finish the job.

Not long to wait in any case! Just a few more eps...

Although I knew it was the end for him, I was surprised to actually see Hank being shot. Though I was right that we didn't see the culmination of the shootout itself, I expected the episode to open with Hank's body next to Gomez. Any other outcome would have been way too unrealistic, so I'm glad that they killed them off, they had to really.

I was also surprised that Walt Jr actually found out, I expected him to die in whatever trashed their house completely oblivious. But the scene with the knife made sense. Walt had to go "full bad-guy" before he either dies or gets his redemption...and then dies...or whatever!

So, a slave Jesse cook? Looking likely that the M60 is to rescue Jesse, but I'm thinking why would he now? Walt has completely turned on Jesse, even going as far as to tell him he watched Jane die, simply out of spite.

It's looking like the White household will just be abandoned, obviously Skylar and Marie will tell the authorities everything, they'll vacate their house for their own safety and it looks like it'll just be vandalised after Heisenberg's identity becomes common knowledge.

And THAT scene, the one with the phone call to Skylar, was one of the most powerful things I have ever witnessed. Walt knows the cops are on the phone, he's trying to provide her with some plausible deniability so that perhaps they can live as a family again, once he realised that kidnapping Holly was not the way to go. It's been superb that Heisenberg's unravelling came at a time when Walter White no longer wanted to be him. The tears while he was on the phone, being somebody he doesn't want to be anymore were gut wrenching.

I love how they're seemingly tying up all the loose ends. Just so long as the final two episodes are top notch, this show could stake a claim as one of the best ever. Maybe if not quite as good as The Wire or The Sopranos, it's certainly a hell of a lot more exciting to watch!

Edited by Dog-amoto