NEurope
Murr

X-Men: First Class

trailer has filled me with a bit of confidence for the film,

still I think it'll be dwarfed by Thor, Captain America and Green Lantern.

The main mystery here is how Charles is going to go bald. His psychic powers get too much they literally fuck his hair folicles out?

The main mystery here is how Charles is going to go bald. His psychic powers get too much they literally fuck his hair folicles out?

And how does he turn from him into the awesomeness that is Patrick Stewart.

still I think it'll be dwarfed by Thor, Captain America and Green Lantern.
I think you've missed how Thor and Green Lantern look a bit shit.

I think you've missed how Thor and Green Lantern look a bit shit.

Maybe Green Lantern yes.... but Thor :o I'm still hyped for Thor.

After seeing the trailer I still hold absolutely no interest for this, didn't think it looked very good.

Also, I thought this was supposed to be seperating itself from the other movies as a fresh start of sorts; but they even use them in the trailer! Other than the suits, everything has the same feel about it (which I wasn't really a fan of before).

After seeing the trailer I still hold absolutely no interest for this, didn't think it looked very good.

Also, I thought this was supposed to be seperating itself from the other movies as a fresh start of sorts; but they even use them in the trailer! Other than the suits, everything has the same feel about it (which I wasn't really a fan of before).

Where'd you hear that? I think its just assumed that they're ignoring the third film. With Bryan Signger/Vrian Fybnger as producer - its awesome that it has good continuity.t.ty.

AAHH

Where'd you hear that? I think its just assumed that they're ignoring the third film. With Bryan Signger/Vrian Fybnger as producer - its awesome that it has good continuity.t.ty.

AAHH

Hmm reading back over the first page of the thread it seems I was confused over this not being a reboot back then, and still have only just realised it again now! :p

Also, I love how Paj's opinion has changed from page 1! :wink:

As I said back then, I'd rather this had been a reboot, so characters like Cyclops could have been given a fresh start and done well! But I'm just not a fan of this film series, so I'd have taken anything really!

Edited by Retro_Link

Also, I love how Paj's opinion has changed from page 1! :wink:

Well after fucking up the last two X-Men fims, I was terrified by the prospect of another. :woops:

I still am, but have learned to deal.

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/114/1149195p1.html

X-Men's Havok, Cyclops Not Brothers

X-Men: First Class producer Bryan Singer has revealed that two characters who were brothers in the Marvel comics will not be related in the movies' continuity.

Singer acknowledged to The Los Angeles Times that "the timeline is different" between the X-Men movies and the comics, and thus Havok (Alex Summers) and Cyclops (Scott Summers) won't be brothers in the film universe. (James Marsden played Cyke in the original trilogy, while Lucas Till plays Havok in First Class.)

"It wouldn't physically fit for him to be the brother of Cyclops. We take some liberties on that. There are notions, but, um, I don't want to give away certain interrelations, but let's just say there are some things that do adhere to the comic books and do so in a way the fans will get a kick out of," said Singer.

I'm not really aware of Havoc, but his powers aren't normally red are they? Makes you wonder why they seem to have bothered changing them to red in this film, as it would be a direct connection to Cyclops. Edited by Retro_Link

I actually like that they've changed the colour for the movie version. It technically makes sense. Similar powers - similar colour.

I know this is supposed to be a reflection and all, but it looks really strange to me that Xavier is standing with the wheelchair in front of him.

I know this is supposed to be a reflection and all, but it looks really strange to me that Xavier is standing with the wheelchair in front of him.
I think he's in the chair isn't he, that's how I see it. But they've just continued Charles standing reflection aswell.

Doesn't his wheelchair's backrest run straight to the ground, thus giving the illusion of legs?

Something like this:

ProfessorX01.jpg

You can clearly see his feet in the foot rest of the wheelchair.

Edited by Ramar

I think it's cause the reflection is the same size as the standing figure, when it "should be" shorter, as he's sitting down.

I think it's cause the reflection is the same size as the standing figure, when it "should be" shorter, as he's sitting down.

Yeah, that's the thing screwing with me.

I can kind of see him sitting in the chair, but he looks more like he's standing behind it than sitting in it.

You can also see the back of the chair behind his back, so he's definitely sitting in it.

The posters are awesome! :D