N-Europe

Pets are funnies

MoogleViper

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The house cat here is roughly 1.5 times the size of a normal cat. He's a hunter, bringing home lizards he's caught (and a few mice, but no birds since I've been here). He's also not been very well trained in regards to his claws so he's a bit of a slicer... And sometimes he seems to completely forget what he's doing and just freak the fuck out and attack me for no good reason. He's only done it three times, and first two times I was wearing jeans so I got by ok... He basically attacks my leg with his forelegs AND teeth for a few seconds. He is very claw-y at the best of times.

He's never been trained not to use his claws - is that normal for cats? He also treats a large percentage of stroke-incoming hands as if they're flying ducks or somthing.

However, since he 'attacked' me last night, he's clearly aware that's he's pissed off -- going from sleeping next to me, to staying the fuck out of my way. of course, me clapping as loud as possible whenever he's been near didn't help his cause. I feel a bit mean, but to be fair he did start gnawing and slashing at my ankle for no reason whatsoever.