Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2010/11

Ramar

I went through the whole spectrum of emotions watching the United/Villa game. Bluddy awful. I don't think there was one person who performed or played decently. Evra and Brown were pretty much battered for 90 minutes by Albrighton, Downing and Young. No service to the strikers. Also, how on Earth Park stayed on the pitch for so long before getting subbed is behind me, as it was easily one of his worst performances in a long time. The team were bad. Villa on the other hand looked great. It was almost comical how they didn't score, at first. Hitting the bar, hitting the post, etc.

Yet, somehow, we managed to claw our way back from 2-0 down. I don't know how on Earth that happened. Was quite extraordinary. Didn't deserve it one bit though. Although we did finish the game really strong, it's just a shame the team had to concede 2 goals before they decided to play.

Can't believe Liverpool lost..and Chelsea?! Sunderland were incredible yesterday. Every single player. They attacked Chelsea from start to finish. I can't remember seeing Chelsea so outmuscled in every department. Although, when I saw the midfield of Zhirkov, Mikel and Ramires, I knew that it had weaknesses. Sunderland exploited that.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schooled is one word you can use for the england v france game.

To be fair we've got a lot of youngsters out there and players who wouldn't be in the first team had others been fit. And France have more to prove in a pointless midseason friendly.

To be fair we've got a lot of youngsters out there and players who wouldn't be in the first team had others been fit. And France have more to prove in a pointless midseason friendly.

Doesn't matter, France are technically superior on the ball, the french team is very young lets not forget. Hoof it football does not work, and this bull shit about a traditional centre half is crap, they don't fit into football these days. Simple as.

Doesn't matter, France are technically superior on the ball, the french team is very young lets not forget. Hoof it football does not work, and this bull shit about a traditional centre half is crap, they don't fit into football these days. Simple as.

I'm not disagreeing with you about France being better, I'm just highlighting that its just a friendly, we've got a weakened team. And provided no Arsenal players get injured I couldn't give a toss about international friendlies. :grin:

I think we just need to accept as a nation that were nowhere near as good as Spain, Germany, Holland, Argentina and Brazil. Maybe even a few others, Uruguay have proved to be a decent team, and Portugal have some class players.

It's the English media which builds England up to have a fantastic, world class squad, when in actual fact is isn't. Your only world class players are Wayne Rooney, (as much as I hate to say it) Ashley Cole (the raging queer), Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard and John Terry. Lampard and Gerrard can't even play in the same team as each other and the sooner than Capello realises this the better.

Scotland have done well over the past couple of days, beat the Fareos 3-0 on Tuesday night up in Aberdeen with a lot of young players on the park, Wilson had a great game as did Bannan. Adam has really come into his own the past 18 months and will have hopefully cemented his place in the squad. Phil Bardsley had a great match and I hope to see more off him for Scotland. Lots of new players getting capped later on in the match which is always good to see.

And then our U21s beat Northern Ireland's U21s last night up at Firhill (which I went to) which was good for us as it's pretty much a completely new squad from the one which had a great campaign for the Euros (and were only beaten by an Iceland squad which had 70+ full caps between them).

Linky

What a disgrace. These people call themselves Football fans?

Italy is a different ball game, thankfully by the end of the 80s we'd rid our ourselves of most of these idiots.

Can't be bothered to quote you're other post, but you are dead right. I also agree with Charlie, the media have got to stop bullshitting.

The game was quite annoying to watch yesterday. Basically, whenever the two centre-backs had the ball for England, one of them would launch the ball forwards, completely by-passing the midfield and getting cleared by the French defenders. It was very difficult for them to build up attacks.

When the French had the ball in the same position, they'd work it better through the midfield and up to Benzema. There was more movement going on in midfield, more stuff happening off the ball, which was perfectly demonstrated in the movement for France's second goal. England didn't have that, it was all very pedestrian or Stationary, with nobody working the French midfield. No movement.

The one thing that gets me is that although the French team has changed over the years, they have a definite style. A grace to their play and never doubt that they have players who can hold onto the ball, yet move it forward at will. Its all in their technique. That is one thing that doesn't change no matter who is in the team. I don't think England have that. Yet the Spanish, The Brazilians, The Dutch and the Argentinians all have a particular style. Even the Germans. No matter who plays in the team.

..did anyone happen to see this? :heh:

Worst part? Nani wasn't even offside :angry:

The fact that it could've easily have been 5-0 just makes it better, by the way.

Nani was pretty much the only player who seemed to be "off" (C.Ronaldo usually fills that role :p)

My father, who watched the game more closely, also said that Carlos Martins was playing badly, but I didn't notice much ::shrug:

Ronaldo is a stunning player. Behind the terrible attitude and diving tendency, is a hell of a player.

I only watch international bouts like these (not football clubs or anything), and Cristiano tends to underperform his role more often than not.

I'm sure he's awesome in Real Madrid, or Manchester, or whatever, but he's extremely overrated when playing for Portugal.

I love it when Spurs beat Arsenal. Love it! What a game of two halves. After the first it looked like Arsenal would just go on and walk it. Great comeback by Spurs. Was cheering them on alsmot like it was United. Brilliant match.

Bale was immense once more.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!