NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2010/11

Well, I was at st James today and I was at villa park in 09 so I'm delighted we humiliated them on tv. Used to have a soft spot for them before they stayed up painting 'sob on the tyne' on their bedsheets. Blub in the brum, happy birthday Steven Ireland.

I'm glad the penalty was saved. It was harshly given. Fulham's claim against O'Shea wasn't a penalty, but Vidic's pulling should have been.

Lol @ the fulham kits.

The penalty was harshly given, but look at where Duff's arms were. Asking for trouble. The penalty should have been given against Vidic, the ref got that one wrong.

Too many echoes of last year's game against Burnley. A poor penalty, poor defensive display, and letting the other team into the game.

Frustrating but fair result. Very enjoyable sunday game of end to end football. Scholes strike was brutal, 150 goals now for the little ginger man :)

Frustrating but fair result. Very enjoyable sunday game of end to end football. Scholes strike was brutal, 150 goals now for the little ginger man :)

Wish he was 10 years younger. :p

We've lost there for two years running, so to get a point is something. But still, you'd think that after Scholes' goal that United would have just seen it through. Comparisons will obviously be made to Chelsea (their performances from this season and last) and how they score goals for fun. We fiddled around too much in midfield, too many touches where we need penetration.

When was the last time Man Utd played well at Craven Cottage? Becoming a bit of a bogey team are Fulham.

When was the last time Man Utd played well at Craven Cottage? Becoming a bit of a bogey team are Fulham.

Away at Fulham today. I'm not going to predict anything, because they're a bogey team, especially at their place.

:heh:

In one way, its good to go there and get something. In another way, having the lead twice and losing it both times is disappointing.

Anyone interested in joining our Xpert Eleven league?

New season coming soon.

*Looks at Flinky and Ramar*

:heh:

In one way, its good to go there and get something. In another way, having the lead twice and losing it both times is disappointing.

Throw into the mix a missed penalty and its definitely 2 points dropped. But it's early days, I was watching SSN during dinner (for the last time :weep:) and they way they were going on you'd think it was the end of the season.

Edit - I was in the first two seasons of Xpert Eleven, and unfortunately its not for me. It's completely random whether you win or not, and what you seem to control has no bearing on the result. Like a poor mans FM.

Anyone interested in joining our Xpert Eleven league?

New season coming soon.

*Looks at Flinky and Ramar*

I've lost count over how many times Haden has asked me, hehe. I feel bad turning him down.

I wouldn't be able to commit to it. I'll see where I am for the next one and see what I can do then. Got a busy year ahead, new job and moving.

I've lost count over how many times Haden has asked me, hehe. I feel bad turning him down.

I wouldn't be able to commit to it. I'll see where I am for the next one and see what I can do then. Got a busy year ahead, new job and moving.

:weep:

I tried!

Throw into the mix a missed penalty and its definitely 2 points dropped. But it's early days, I was watching SSN during dinner (for the last time :weep:) and they way they were going on you'd think it was the end of the season.

I feel bad for Nani because he looked good when he came on. Bought some pace and skill to that left side.

Yeah, its early days, still. Very early! I'm glad we won't need to go there for another year, at least in the league anyway. Hate playing them. You never know with them.

Edit - I was in the first two seasons of Xpert Eleven, and unfortunately its not for me. It's completely random whether you win or not, and what you seem to control has no bearing on the result. Like a poor mans FM.

Oh sorry I never thought you'd tried. Fair enough, there's a lot more control than you might think, but fair game you've tried and didn't like it.

Yeah there is a bit of luck in it but the fact that Oddy was consistently the best player until he got a new team speaks for itself in that its more skill than luck.

However, you tried it and didn't like it so fair play to you.

Xpert Eleven is amazing. Of course there's luck involved, as there is in real football :heh:

But there is a element of skill.

Is anyone else currently watching the Monday Night Football on Sky Sports? I don't think I've ever seen anything so bad in my life. Andy Gray talking out of his arse for 40 minutes so far. I thought they ditched The Last Word? 20 minutes from kick-off and the only thing we've heard about the game so far is the lineups and interview with the manager.

Damn Andy Gray and his Monday Night Football toys is unreal. Too much technology going on. It's so funny and American.

Hugely pleased with the Newcastle result - not because Villa put us into the Championship (we did that ourselves, to be honest) but becausewe beat a team who are in theory better than us.

We got a harsh lesson at United last week, and it's nice to bounce back with such gusto. The question is, can we repeat it against the rest of the league?

Probably not, no. But it will certainly help our goal difference and be a boost for Carroll who has come on nicely. It's too early for England as many have tipped him for, but we can only hope that he goes from strength to strength.

Man City 3-0 Liverpool then. :( I pretty much expected something like that.

I wasn't sure what to expect considering Man City weren't amazing on the opening day.. but it was certainly no surprise to see it happen :hmm:

I felt the game might be a good indication of how we can expect our season to go.. but as it stands, any optimism I had going into the season has taken quite a hit..

We have still got Cole to come back in, and Torres isn't close to 100%. I've said it before, he's the best striker in the world when fit.

We have still got Cole to come back in, and Torres isn't close to 100%. I've said it before, he's the best striker in the world when fit.

I'm actually getting frustrated with the media constantly talking about Torres and Gerrard leaving because they are so much better than the rest of the team :hmm:

On their day, it is hard to argue with that.. but my problem is that Gerrard, in particular, has not been on his day for pretty much over a season for Liverpool :angry: We all know Torres is still some way from full fitness so I can't be too critical of him.. and he's way too important for us :eek:

I still think we need another top quality striker. Of course we know on his day Torres is one of the best in the world but even when he is fully fit its sometimes like he barely turns up at all.

What do you think of the Mascherano situation then? Him acting like this is what I was expecting at the start of the season so I was pleasantly suprised when he put in a performance against Arsenal. Such a shame hes ending his Liverpool career like this.

Well, he's gone back to training today, and Barcelona have offered 16m I think, and we want 25m. So unsure on what's happening there.

I think we need a winger, Kuyt is a striker, and Jovanovic is aswell. Someone like Ashley Young would be perfect, but we have no money.

I expected him to leave last summer so it was pretty much a certainty that he was gonna go anyway :hmm:

I hope we can hold out to get a decent amount of money for him in the coming days so that the squad can be strengthened before the end of the transfer window.. but his insistence on leaving is sure to affect his value, unfortunately..

I definitely believe we need another good striker. We were at the Trabzonspor match on Thursday there.. and although the team didn't play well, Babel just wasn't cutting it up front on his own (other than the goal :indeed:) Having said that, I think Ngog could turn out to be a better player than a lot of people expect..

We're short in a few areas.. but I don't think we're as inadequate as a lot of people would make you believe. I'm a little frustrated that Aquilani has been loaned out as I was looking forward to him getting a proper chance this season. Unfortunately, it appears that he is another victim of the Benitez era.. a man responsible for destroying several careers (probably :indeed:)

It is a bit annoying that all our wingers seem to actually be strikers. Kuyt, Jovanovic, Babel...

He didnt do brilliantly but at least Pennant would get some good crosses in every now and again.