Football Season 2010/11

My top 5:

Chelsea

Manchester United

Manchester City

Arsenal

Spurs

Edit; No offence MadDog.

True true. I will be ecstatic if we get back into the top 4 (Spurs), but I'm really unsure as to how the season will pan out. If we keep our best players fit, I think we have a good chance. Should be an exciting season nonetheless.

Pains me to say it but Harry's got you guys playing and you've got some individual talent. But I think you might struggle with the demands of the Champions League (provided you qualify), not necessarily the teams but the travel and fixture congestion.

I hope I'm wrong aswell, because I think Baggies fans are Awesome.

I think we can finish up there, we have a strong first 11, and a manager that'll get the most out if them. In terms if depth, others are stronger, I admit.

But here's where Tottenham and Liverpool share the same problem, who have they got on the bench to win them games or to turn things around. Liverpool's bench especially would concern me.

Hmm, it's going to be a tough year ahead. I think Spurs might find it hard getting into the top 4 again, mainly because they haven't made any signings to help with their fixtures this season. The travelling will take a lot out of them. A few extra players would help, though.

City are still spending, so they'll be making a big push. I think this will be the year where they get into the top 4. They missed out last year, but I think they'll do it this year. :( If they don't, they'll keep spending until they get there. Maybe just being in the top 4 won't be enough, maybe they'll be pushing for higher this season.

What I would like

Man Utd

Arsenal

Spurs

Chelsea

Everton

Villa

Liverpool

City

What I think will happen

Chelsea

Man Utd

Arsenal

City

Liverpool

Spurs

Everton

Villa

Hmm, it's going to be a tough year ahead. I think Spurs might find it hard getting into the top 4 again, mainly because they haven't made any signings to help with their fixtures this season. The travelling will take a lot out of them. A few extra players would help, though.

We don't need lots of new signings. I wouldn't care if we went into next season with the same set of players as last year. Our second 11 would look as follows, in my interpretation:

- Bassong, Kaboul, Hutton, Woodgate

- Bentley, Palacios, O Hara/Jenas/Sandro Kranjcar

- Pav/Keane/Gio

I'd argue that proves we have strength in depth. We could maybe do with another left back, and more cover in the centre, but apart from that I'm content with out squad. We'll have a full season with Bale instead of half a season, with Lennon on the right to accompany him. Both players terrorised defences on their own in their respective halves of the season; I can't wait to see them both on form together.

We've practically been written of again this season and I can understand why, as Man City have an abundance of talent. I'm still not convinced though.

In my eyes there are 4 teams fighting for 3rd/4th place this season. No, I'm not under any illusions that we are better than out North London rivals, but I do think the CL places will be tightly contested.

In that argument/line-up are you actually claiming King and Woodgate would last a season?

We don't need lots of new signings. I wouldn't care if we went into next season with the same set of players as last year. Our second 11 would look as follows, in my interpretation:

- Bassong, Kaboul, Hutton, Woodgate

- Bentley, Palacios, O Hara/Jenas/Sandro Kranjcar

- Pav/Keane/Gio

I'd argue that proves we have strength in depth. We could maybe do with another left back, and more cover in the centre, but apart from that I'm content with out squad. We'll have a full season with Bale instead of half a season, with Lennon on the right to accompany him. Both players terrorised defences on their own in their respective halves of the season; I can't wait to see them both on form together.

We've practically been written of again this season and I can understand why, as Man City have an abundance of talent. I'm still not convinced though.

In my eyes there are 4 teams fighting for 3rd/4th place this season. No, I'm not under any illusions that we are better than out North London rivals, but I do think the CL places will be tightly contested.

On paper, Everton have a strong team. But, they suffered lots of injuries at the start of the season. Look at United towards November/December last year, we had 9 defenders out. The extent of "how many of our players will be injured" is something that can't be answered. However, the team will be playing games in a short space of time. You could have a game on the Sunday, fly out to a European game for Wednesday and then be back for Saturday. Injuries will be picked up, players will get tired and some go through a loss of form.

I didn't say they needed lots of new signings, but I do think a few would be useful. Especially for these european games. I'm not doubting that Tottenham have a strong first 11 and they do, as you rightly say, have quite a good squad. But, I bet even Harry himself would particularly like to have one or two new faces in this squad.

In that argument/line-up are you actually claiming King and Woodgate would last a season?

That's why I said we need a bit of cover there. We will make one or two signings - perhaps after the Milner transfer has been completed, or after our CL qualifier. I really don't see us struggling as much as suggested, Arsenal's squad is hardly leagues above us for example (first team admittedly superior).

I just need the Premiership to start, I literally cannot wait. It's been too long!

That's why I said we need a bit of cover there. We will make one or two signings - perhaps after the Milner transfer has been completed, or after our CL qualifier. I really don't see us struggling as much as suggested, Arsenal's squad is hardly leagues above us for example (first team admittedly superior).

I just need the Premiership to start, I literally cannot wait. It's been too long!

So, you're saying that you will make signings?

The Arsenal squad has one thing that the Spurs one doesn't have yet, and that's the Champions League experience. They know whats expected of them in Europe, and they can deal with the pressure, the tiredness. This will be good experience for Spurs, and if they get back into the top 4 this season, then it'll prove to be valuable for next season's competition.

Come on England. Screw all the booers.

I will retract that if we do not put in a good performance tonight though....

EDIT: I'm happy so far apart from ITV. Adrian Chiles is awful as are Clive Tyldesley and Andy Townsend. They are so bad. Please please take football away from ITV. I would even prefer channel five to do the coverage.

Edited by Platty

I would rate our squad better than Spurs', our bench is made up of full international players, and the artist formally known as Mr Eboue Emmanuel.

My top 5:

Chelsea

Manchester United

Manchester City

Arsenal

Spurs

Edit; No offence MadDog.

It's all good :heh: everyones entitled to their opinion.

Anybody who says Gerrard shouldn't play for England is an idiot, he's turned the game all by himself. Gibbs has really impressed me. Young has been decent, although he's one of my favourite players, so I'm probably bias. :D

I would rate our squad better than Spurs', our bench is made up of full international players, and the artist formally known as Mr Eboue Emmanuel.

Well I disagree but there you go.

To F_L: it's all dependent on selling our players really. I would be suprised if we didn't sign anyone from now until the transfer window. Probably a centre back and a young striker, maybe...

On another note, 7.4 million for this Bebe fella? Sounds pretty ridiculous to me.

Well I disagree but there you go.

To F_L: it's all dependent on selling our players really. I would be suprised if we didn't sign anyone from now until the transfer window. Probably a centre back and a young striker, maybe...

On another note, 7.4 million for this Bebe fella? Sounds pretty ridiculous to me.

A centre back is a very good shout. Can never really have enough of them. I reckon an attacking central midfielder, maybe? They don't need to be world class players, but really just someone to come in at times to do the job.

As for the Arsenal vs Spurs debate, it's close. I prefer Tottenham's strikers, but then Cesc is the difference in central midfield. It shows you how well Spurs are coming along though, when there's very little between them and their rivals.

Saw the England match tonight. It was weird thinking that I was just in that area (Wembley) just over a week ago, heh. Glad to see them try a different formation, and I thought Zamora looked good when he came on. Although, Gerrard will probably be grabbing the headlines tomorrow. Great goals.

Edit: I've only just arrived home from a pub night out with some mates, so only just had a chance to read up on this Bebe. 7.5 million is steep. Although, only 20 years old? Could that have something to do with the squad regulations? (so he doesn't take up space in the 25 man list) I won't be expecting him to be playing this year, but maybe next year.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

A centre back is a very good shout. Can never really have enough of them. I reckon an attacking central midfielder, maybe? They don't need to be world class players, but really just someone to come in at times to do the job.

As for the Arsenal vs Spurs debate, it's close. I prefer Tottenham's strikers, but then Cesc is the difference in central midfield. It shows you how well Spurs are coming along though, when there's very little between them and their rivals.

Saw the England match tonight. It was weird thinking that I was just in that area (Wembley) just over a week ago, heh. Glad to see them try a different formation, and I thought Zamora looked good when he came on. Although, Gerrard will probably be grabbing the headlines tomorrow. Great goals.

Edit: I've only just arrived home from a pub night out with some mates, so only just had a chance to read up on this Bebe. 7.5 million is steep. Although, only 20 years old? Could that have something to do with the squad regulations? (so he doesn't take up space in the 25 man list) I won't be expecting him to be playing this year, but maybe next year.

As for the Arsenal/Spurs debate I don't deny that Arsenal have a better squad (Fabregas is another class), I just still think we have better subs.

I'm just confused as to how a player who's only ever played in the Portugese third division (by my research, which is probably wrong), can be valued at 7.4 million.

Rosicky > Jenas

Diaby > Palacios

Bendtner > Pavlachenko

Djourou = Kaboul

Eboue > All of the above

Rosicky > Jenas

Diaby > Palacios

Bendtner > Pavlachenko

Djourou = Kaboul

Eboue > All of the above

Ha, I'd take Keane/Pav or Gio over Bendtner. Bassong over Djourou every day of the week. Kranjcar over Rosicky. Eboue, haha.

Well Bristol City Manager Steve Coppell resigned from City and retired from football managment

:(

so thats great news 1 game into the season.

as for the Arsenal / Spurs debate, they're both as bad as each other.

Settled : peace:

as for the Arsenal / Spurs debate, they're both as bad as each other.

Settled : peace:

I dunno we've got colour footage of our lads winning the league. :laughing:

Edited by Ramar

Well Bristol City Manager Steve Coppell resigned from City and retired from football managment

:(

so thats great news 1 game into the season.

I want to know now if David James is gonna stick around? He's openly said that Coppell was the main reason for him joining and if it had been anyone else he would've turned it straight down.

As for the Arsenal/Spurs debate I don't deny that Arsenal have a better squad (Fabregas is another class), I just still think we have better subs.

I'm just confused as to how a player who's only ever played in the Portugese third division (by my research, which is probably wrong), can be valued at 7.4 million.

You both have good squads so should be challenging for the top four places, unless some of the important players leave/you get massive injuries.

7.4 is a rip-off. We bought Evra for half of that! Should have paid about 2 million max. But then, that's football these days. Daft prices.

Rosicky > Jenas

Diaby > Palacios

Bendtner > Pavlachenko

Djourou = Kaboul

Eboue > All of the above

Hmm, here's how I'd put it:

Rosicky > Jenas (only because I don't like Jenas. Saying that, Rosicky is very injury prone.)

Diaby < Palacios (probably only just)

Bendtner = Pavlyuchenko (they both go through spells)

Djourou < Kaboul (I rate Kaboul a lot higher)

As for Eboue, I'm not a fan. :heh:

seems like Vitoria Guimares did good out of that deal, sign a guy on a free, pay him 6 weeks wages then get £7 million for him!

seems like Vitoria Guimares did good out of that deal, sign a guy on a free, pay him 6 weeks wages then get £7 million for him!

That is quite remarkable.

It's also being reported that Real Madrid were interested in him, too. Hmm.

Who is this young 20 year old we've just signed then? Bebe? I know nothing about him except that he is a young striker from Portugal.

He looks cool

img_10_35965_3130.jpg&obj=iip,1.0&wid=500

I want to know now if David James is gonna stick around? He's openly said that Coppell was the main reason for him joining and if it had been anyone else he would've turned it straight down.

Thats the question right.

Will he do like Sol Campbell did at Notts County... play 2 games then take off.

I honestly cant see him sticking around

Genuinly thought things were looking up. A respectable manager, very experienced World cup keeper.

i thought we'd finally began to be a team that could draw half decent players to the club.

that'll be changing unless we can get promoted to the Premier League.

also in regards to Manchester United. watching Sky Sports news, and they said that United had signed some Kid from Standard Liegue for £270k. Marnick Vermijl.

http://www.totalfootballmadness.com/2010/03/08/manchester-united-sign-standard-liege-youngster-marnick-vermijl/

I'm a United fan and cant re-call this signing :blank:

Thats the question right.

Will he do like Sol Campbell did at Notts County... play 2 games then take off.

I honestly cant see him sticking around

Genuinly thought things were looking up. A respectable manager, very experienced World cup keeper.

i thought we'd finally began to be a team that could draw half decent players to the club.

that'll be changing unless we can get promoted to the Premier League.

also in regards to Manchester United. watching Sky Sports news, and they said that United had signed some Kid from Standard Liegue for £270k. Marnick Vermijl.

http://www.totalfootballmadness.com/2010/03/08/manchester-united-sign-standard-liege-youngster-marnick-vermijl/

I'm a United fan and cant re-call this signing :blank:

Can't remember hearing about that either?

I'd be gutted if James did leave City, things we're starting to look really good for the club, decent manager who could attract players, the prospect of a new stadium. Then Coppell bottles it and god knows what's gonna happen now.

Also Man United and Bristol City fan? Good man :heh: