NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2010/11

Spurs looked very good tonight. I predicted a 4-0 for them about 5 seconds before kick-off, so I feel like a God. Unfortunately, I didn't place a bet, so I don't have possess the wallet of a God.

Now, I think it was yesterday or day before, Anderlecht were knocked out of the competition in a penalty shoot-out. The harshest thing is that they scored a winning goal in normal time that was disallowed for off-side, when it wasn't.

Tonight, Jermain Defoe scored a goal where he used his arm. He even admitted to it at the end of the match.

There's a difference between Defoe's situation and Anderlecht's. Spurs were already winning one-nil, so they were already going through. I don't think it would have affected the game's final decision. But, Anderlecht. You can't help but feel angry for them. This isn't a league game, this is Champions League Football we're talking.

Spurs looked very good tonight. I predicted a 4-0 for them about 5 seconds before kick-off, so I feel like a God. Unfortunately, I didn't place a bet, so I don't have possess the wallet of a God.

I put a £5 triplet bet on Tottenham winning 4-0, Everton winning and Fulham winning, for a return of £100 including the stake. The day before I put £1 into my William Hill account, put a £1 triplet bet on Chelsea -3 handicap/Andy Carroll to score any time/Man City to win, for a return of £40. So now I'm on £135. Suffice to say, I'm chuffed :P.

So the Champions League group stage looks like this:

GROUP A

Inter Milan

Werder Bremen

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

Twente

-----------

GROUP B

Lyon

Benfica

Schalke

Hapoel Tel-Aviv

-----------

GROUP C

MANCHESTER UNITED

Valencia

RANGERS

Bursaspor

-----------

GROUP D

Barcelona

Panathinaikos

Copenhagen

Rubin Kazan

-----------

GROUP E

Bayern Munich

Roma

Basel

Cluj

-----------

GROUP F

CHELSEA

Marseille

Spartak Moscow

Zilina

-----------

GROUP G

AC Milan

Real Madrid

Ajax

Auxerre

-----------

GROUP H

ARSENAL

Shakhtar Donetsk

Braga

Partizan Belgrade

Nice group for us, great for Eduardo to return to the Emirates, the bloke deserves a farewell reception. Also playing The Arsenalistas (Braga) will be fun, considering how we play a part in their club history. If I can I might try and get to the away leg of that, never been to Portugal.

Decent win away in Turkey, Ngog looked quite good 2nd half.

Heskey just scored :o

But now so has Rapid.

Damn, 3-2 Rapid.

Heskeys miss :0

That miss. Well...it was awful. He just seems to lack composure when he's given a goal scoring chance.

That miss. Well...it was awful. He just seems to lack composure when he's given a goal scoring chance.

My friend sent me a text while I was watching the second half of Aston Villa v Rapid Vienna expressing his delight that wee Dirk scored tonight.. and, with it being a rebound, I said it was a 'typical Dirk finish' :heh:

Within seconds, Heskey hopelessly missed the rebound after Petrov's penalty which prompted me to follow up with a 'typical Heskey finish' :indeed:

I just never felt like Aston Villa would make it through tonight from what I saw.. but then I also feared for Liverpool after we conceded that early goal :eek:

I missed the first half, due to not knowing what channel it was on and I thought it kicked off at 8.

But yeah, 1-0 down in Turkey and then win isn't easy, even when you have players like Torres and Gerrard. So winning without those players is a decent effort.

The benefit about playing Rangers is that it's not too far to travel to for the team. So, going to Scotland, Spain and Turkey. The last one is a bit of a trek.

A good draw, I think. That Spurs group leaves me horny. Some juicy football matches that.

The Manchester United v Rangers game will be a good. Girlfriends parents are Scottish and support Rangers, they've passed this love of Rangers through to their kids. So will definatly make sure i watch that game with her family! will be a laugh!

I feel sorry for the city of Manchester, it's still recovering from the last time Rangers were there.

Hmm, I've never really thought bad of the Rangers fans. I've got a good friend who is a Rangers fan, along with her family. She always made out that the Celtic fans were worse. She really loathed them!

It'll be a good tie. I kinda wish my family and I were watching it with her family...and her. Probably won't happen, though.

Also, Liverpool fans, what do you think of Mascherano leaving?

lets just say Manchester showed the world the true side of the Rangers fans that the Scottish Media sweep under the carpet

lets just say Manchester showed the world the true side of the Rangers fans that the Scottish Media sweep under the carpet

Hmm, oh dear then. :hmm:

We'll see what happens this time. They'd have to be pretty daft to go crazy twice in so many years...I hope we don't see anything like this

Also, Liverpool fans, what do you think of Mascherano leaving?

I think its a shame as he was a very good player but he did piss me off going on strike and refusing to play. Plus apparently he annoyed some of the senior players as well and had to train alone so if he had stayed it wouldnt have been comfortable for him.

I think its a shame as he was a very good player but he did piss me off going on strike and refusing to play. Plus apparently he annoyed some of the senior players as well and had to train alone so if he had stayed it wouldnt have been comfortable for him.

Was that true then, about him going on strike? What a prick.

I reckon Liverpool could have got a bit more for him, but they probably just wanted shot of him.

What a world, eh? Going on strike and refusing to play for Liverpool. Most people could only dream of that. Reminds me of the time when Heinze wanted to play for Liverpool instead of United. What's with these Argentinians? :heh:

He's a great player, disappointed he has gone. I'm worried about our lack of depth in the middle now. Gerrard, Lucas and Poulsen. Unless I'm missing someone.

You've got Aquaman, but he's gone to Italy on a loan deal.

Hmm, there's also the argument that maybe Gerrard shouldn't be played in the central midfield area, but behind the striker instead. I can see him definitely spending a lot of time in midfield this season. With maybe Kuyt or N'Gog playing upfront with Torres. Or Jovanovic.

That's another thing, I'm unhappy at Alberto going away on loan. I think he was homesick or something. Even so, i was looking forward to seeing what he was going to do this season.

That's another thing, I'm unhappy at Alberto going away on loan. I think he was homesick or something. Even so, i was looking forward to seeing what he was going to do this season.

Seems a bit stupid sending him on loan. Especially as he was getting some gametime towards the end of last season. I had a feeling that this season was going to be his "proper" start to his Liverpool career. It's not like Liverpool are blessed with an abundance of creative midfielders. He could have been useful.

Aquilani wants to stay back in Italy permanently, so there's little chance we'll see him in a Liverpool shirt. By impressing well on his loan deal in Italy, Liverpool should hopefully get a good price for his inevitable exit next year.

"England was a great experience, but I am here to stay," said Aquilani.

The Guardian are also breaking the news that Liverpool have signed Portugal midfielder Meireles from Porto. Can't say I've seen much of him, but hope he does well here. Link