NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2010/11

Has anyone ever scored a hatrick of penalties on their debut?

They have now. Paul Hartley has scored three times from the spot for Aberdeen against Hamilton.

Fantastic game from Villa today. Kevin MacDonald has got the team fired up and they were playing some truly wonderful football, Albrighton, Young and Carew were confusing the West Ham defence all day, with the rest of the side on top form.

Good to see some of the young guns get some game time, substitutions was something O'Neill didn't do very well and for a manager renowned for bring young players through the ranks, he didn't seem to give youngsters much experience in the Premiership.

Long, hard season ahead but a really good start for Villa and (probably) a fitting farewell to James Milner.

Congratulations Blackpool on your stunning start to the season. Marlon Harewood, 2 goals, 1 assist, I wish i'd been outlandish enough to put him in my fantasy team. Mental, absolutely mental.

I love the Premier League.

Super goal from Ngog, Cole was never a sending off. Good result considering we had 10 men for 45 mins, plus we gave them the goal.

Super goal from Ngog, Cole was never a sending off. Good result considering we had 10 men for 45 mins, plus we gave them the goal.

Cole was easily a sending off; he could have broken his leg.

What makes it a sending off? If that was a sending off, Wilshere should of gone, and Koscielnys first yellow was even worse.

Can't remember hearing about that either?

I'd be gutted if James did leave City, things we're starting to look really good for the club, decent manager who could attract players, the prospect of a new stadium. Then Coppell bottles it and god knows what's gonna happen now.

Also Man United and Bristol City fan? Good man :heh:

Were'nt the plans for City's new stadium scrapped, which obviously blew our chances of being a world cup host city if we did get 2018 world cup.

i think it we appealed the decision, but still un-aware of the final outcome.

Tonight though!! Man United vs Newcastle... repeat opening day fixture of 2 seasons ago, we ended that game in a draw... i'd like to think we can do one better this time.

i'm going with a 3-0 win to United!

It'd be funny if after all the work for 4th last season all equaled a Europa League spot.

But I am curious to see how good they'd be in the CL.

they'll probably get through in the home leg now, it was so close to going 4-1 before Spurs got their 2nd goal

We'll definitely win at WHL, but that was too close for comfort. A truly horrible first half performance from most of the team, compounded by the ridiculous surface. I really do hope we thrash them on Wednesday.

From the match report, Young Boys seem like they should already have qualified. But I'd think the Tots should win at home.

Ozil signed for Real Madrid, that ends that transfer speculation / Saga on which clubs will sign him.

Fucking Real Madrid :nono:

It's rather amusing that Real Madrid signed both Kadeira and Ozil for the same fee that it took Man City to get James Milner :)

Right I'm back from a week away.

Lets start with Blackpool, fair play to them, cracking result.

We dominated Liverpool and created nothing, cheers Reina for giving us a point. But if we continue like this I expect the same old Arsenal from last year. Chamakh played great, Joe Cole deserved to be sent off, Koscielny was unlucky with the second yellow.

Spurs got gimped by Young Boys which was hilarious, especially with that old nugget "it was the artificial pitch". I fully expect them to win at home though.

Today. We've got Blackpool and I can't wait, first home game of the season is always something special. Not even a crappy cold will stop me or dampen my spirits.

Today. We've got Blackpool and I can't wait, first home game of the season is always something special. Not even a crappy cold will stop me or dampen my spirits.

a shock 1-0 win to Blackpool might ;)

definatly cant see that result happening though. but then again i didnt see Burnley beating Manchester United last season either :blank:

Only shock today was Theo Walcott playing out of his skin. Best performance I've ever seen from the lad. If we see a bit more of that this season, I might just start believing the kid has a future at the top.

Only shock today was Theo Walcott playing out of his skin. Best performance I've ever seen from the lad. If we see a bit more of that this season, I might just start believing the kid has a future at the top.

Fair play to the usually headless chicken, he played out of his skin today. Great win for us today, considering we were forced into playing 4-5-1 with an under strength side. Didn't play particularly well and ground out a result at Stoke, I'm chuffed. Blinding goal from Bale as well - that kid is special.

Fair play to the usually headless chicken, he played out of his skin today. Great win for us today, considering we were forced into playing 4-5-1 with an under strength side. Didn't play particularly well and ground out a result at Stoke, I'm chuffed. Blinding goal from Bale as well - that kid is special.

By ground out result you mean, got lucky the ref didn't give the goal? Then yes, ground out that one.

And by blinding, you could have meant the hit in the face he took for the first goal or his sublime volley :p I agree with Bale though, he's done some great things for Tottenham in such a short space of time. Lennon did well it seemed as well. Crouch didn't seem to do much when a lot of responsibility was placed on him.

As for Chelski, another 6-0. Didn't expect it after having a troubling first 10-20minutes. I think Terry should have been sent off, he needs to learn to calm it down even if N'Zogbia's challenge was pretty shocking.

Edited by Ellmeister