NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2010/11

It's not a predicition of the new season by any means...

but it certainly was nice to beat Chelsea 3-1.

Hernandez goal was quality :heh: as Phelean said though he can score 20 goals from his face cause it all helps.

Martin O'Neill has left Aston Villa. :o

I fucking gasped when I saw the news five minutes ago. I guess this is over the James Milner to City saga?

~ ~ ~

I thought the game yesterday was good. In the first half, there was very little between the two teams. You can see why the league was settled by a single point. Paul Scholes was absolute quality, again. He was one of the best players at the club in the second half of last season.

Chicharito's goal in the second half had me laughing! Glad to see Berba score, as well. :)

Gotta feel sorry for Villa considering just how close this is to the start of the new season.

I am sad. Very sad indeed. :(

Ah, fuck...I can't believe you've done this!

Edited by Roostophe

I feel for you, Villan.

There's a rumour doing the rounds that there's another player leaving aside from Milner. Reportedly, Young to Spurs.

He has brought me so much joy these past four years, but today he brings only shock and despair. I've never felt so sick. Mass exodus? A new manager is the only certainty, but the market is saturated with Phil Brown, there is nobody capable on the shelf.

Here's hoping Slaven Billic has taken a shine to Villa.

Fucking hell... :o

If that rumors true though, fair play to O'neil! I'd assume he would have said he'd walk if they started selling their stars, and he's stood by his word???

Interesting, Ladbrokes lists some very big names.

Bilic as I assumed, Ottmar Hitzfeld (Bayern Munich's "greatest ever coach"), Jurgen Klinsmann, Gianfranco Zola (who I can see doing well with decent players) and Sven Goran Eriksson??

I'd be ecstatic if it was Hitzfeld. Eriksson? If it's Eriksson i'll shit on the pitch in protest. And then again just to make a point.

I am sad. Very sad indeed. :(

Ah, fuck...I can't believe you've done this!

It's been on the cards for a while. Martin is a fucking legend and was obviously having his hands tied. He's trying to build the best team he can, yet his chairman is selling his best players and not giving him the money to re-invest in the squad.

Strange one hearing about O'Neill today. Must be something to do with the Milner transfer.

As for the match yesterday, I was impressed with everyone. Although some are not 100% fit they all looked fresh and up for it. Scholes was immense, love the guy so much. He is Fergies perfect player, just goes on, gets the job done and is never in the media limelight. Opposite of Beckham.

The little pea done well, looked very lively and happy and can't wait to see more of him. His goal was Lolz. I thought Berba did well when he came on, his posistioning and movement was second to none and his goal was sublime.

Rooney was looking better than he was at the world cup and I'm sure he'll be his old self in a few games time. Owen looking sharp too, hope he has some chances in the team this season and stays injury free.

Everyone else through midfield and defence were on the ball for me. Van der sar has some hairy moments but also pulled out some cracking saves too.

Looking forward to the Newcastle match!

Edited by Platty

O'Neil to take an advisory role at Celtic to support the inexperienced Lennon?

Pretty sure I called that months ago.

well I'd guess it was because he never got to spend the Gareth Barry money last year and wasn't going to get the Milner money this year

Was just watching Sky Sports news and some clown Villa fan emailed in saying he's glad MON has gone, and they should get Mclaren or Phil Brown. lol.

I would laugh if Phil Brown ever landed a premier league job again, he's a joke and a moron.

Haha, the world is a funny place when people like Phil Brown exist. He's a terrible singer...

Looks like Ricardo Carvalho is set to sign for Real Madrid. 6.7mllion.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/8902830.stm

Maybe that means that the rumours over Ashley Cole going to Madrid will cease, as I can't imagine Chelsea letting both of them go.

So, what are everyones predictions for the new season?

My top 4:

1st - Liverpool (I have to :heh:)

2nd - Man United

3rd - Chelski

4th - Arsenal

Bottom 3:

18th - Can't decide...

19th - West Brom (Sorry DuD!)

20th - Blackpool

Liverpool with their squad will be lucky to get back in the top 4, let alone win the damned thing.

Just to point out that there's a fantasy football league thread in the playground. Make a team at the official premier league site and join the n-e league and see if you're just a fan or actually a pundit, eh?

[/shamelesspromotion]

19th - West Brom (Sorry DuD!)

Noooooooooooooo :cry:

I hope yoour soo wrong :grin:

Liverpool with their squad will be lucky to get back in the top 4, let alone win the damned thing.

True true. I will be ecstatic if we get back into the top 4 (Spurs), but I'm really unsure as to how the season will pan out. If we keep our best players fit, I think we have a good chance. Should be an exciting season nonetheless.

To be honest, as a Liverpool fan I am feeling quite optimistic about the season ahead. I feel we have a fairly strong group of players but could probably do with adding a couple more if possible.. I'm certainly convinced it'll be a much stronger showing than last season!

I'm not gonna predict us to win the league.. but I'm also not gonna rule us out completely, like most people have. At this point, I would certainly be happy with a Champions League spot for next season (I know I'm gonna miss it a lot this year :hmm:) but it could go in our favour that a lot of people underestimate us :eek:

Noooooooooooooo :cry:

I hope yoour soo wrong :grin:

I hope I'm wrong aswell, because I think Baggies fans are Awesome.

I think we can finish up there, we have a strong first 11, and a manager that'll get the most out if them. In terms if depth, others are stronger, I admit.