NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2010/11

I dont think its deluded at all. I doubt anyone thinks that Liverpool are all sorted now but buying Joe Cole is a positive move and could be considered "on the up", as in "better than we were yesterday".

Joe Cole plugs a small hole, but doesn't fix anything. Only Reina out of your back 5 would get into last seasons top 4. Your midfield lacks creativity and width, and you've only got Torres up top. And if he jumps ship then you're stuffed.

Not to mention the club is skint, the owners don't have a clue and the fans just don't seem to be happy with anything.

In other news I'm well chuffed the club have finally decided to name our stands properly. :bouncy: Can't wait for the first home game of the season to see the Clock End and North Bank.

I know weve just sold Insua and I think Dossena has gone as well, i'll have to check though

Insua was sold recently to Fiorentina, and Dossena was sold LAST Season to Napoli??

Aurellio was released on a free..

so yes... Left Back is something that they need to address quickly!

dont want to put Agger in LB as he is a CB, (quality one at that)

I'm actually a Manchester United fan, but can appriciate the talent other teams have even if they are fierce rivals ;)

Yeah I know but I thought both of them, especially Insua, were decent players.

Joe Cole plugs a small hole, but doesn't fix anything. Only Reina out of your back 5 would get into last seasons top 4. Your midfield lacks creativity and width, and you've only got Torres up top. And if he jumps ship then you're stuffed.

Not to mention the club is skint, the owners don't have a clue and the fans just don't seem to be happy with anything.

In other news I'm well chuffed the club have finally decided to name our stands properly. :bouncy: Can't wait for the first home game of the season to see the Clock End and North Bank.

So Glen Johnson wouldn't get into your team? Daniel Agger even?

Gerrard is one of the best midfielders in the world, and Joe Cole is full of flair and creativity.

IMO Torres is the best striker in the world, so aslong as he stays, we should have a good chance of top 4 next season.

Gerrard is one of the best midfielders in the world, and Joe Cole is full of flair and creativity.

IMO Torres is the best striker in the world, so aslong as he stays, we should have a good chance of top 4 next season.

Fernando Torres, if anything, proved that he's nowhere near the best striker in the world during the World Cup.

well to be fair to Torres he came back from injury far too soon, he should never have even went to the World Cup

He's definitely one of the best strikers in the world when fit

Exactly, you can't rate a player on a few matches in which he was unfit. That's like me saying Rooney is nowhere near the best striker in the world cause he sucked hard for a few games, but he still is.

Exactly, you can't rate a player on a few matches in which he was unfit. That's like me saying Rooney is nowhere near the best striker in the world cause he sucked hard for a few games, but he still is.

Rooney's not the best striker in the world, Messi is.

Glen Johnson has this special ability of being a defender that can't defend. We've got better right backs in Sagna and Eboue. Vermealen is better than Agger, and as of yet not as injury prone.

Rooney is not the best striker in the world, I was just saying that he is up there. I don't class Messi as a striker, I'd say he plays better out wide. Messi is the best player in the world easily.

Apparantly Villa are willing to listen to the over-inflated offers for Milner. Also, City will probably be bagging Balow-telly this week.

So, this seasons additions could be Boateng, Silva, Toure, Milner, Balotelli.

If I was a City player from last season, I'd probably be shitting it about now. Especially if I plyed my trade in midfield.

I hate city.

Flinky have you seen our new kit? looks rather nice.

close_v1.jpg

I did find it pretty hot! Although, the first thing I noticed was the lack of a rectangular box over the logo. Thats going to take some getting used to again. Damn you AIG.

City, pfft. Man City is the team that every 17 year old creates on Football Manager. BUY SILVA. BUY TOURE!

I hate city.

Flinky have you seen our new kit? looks rather nice.

mufc-69893.jpg?width=400&height=400&quality=95

It is a very very nice kit :) will be a definite purchase on my Birthday :)

erm..

ive created an N-Europe Fantasy Premier league thing..

any one interested, so far there are only 2 teams :-\

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/myleagues.mc?view=cj

The code to join is 807-92259

I've joined. Came second last year but I don't feel I'm gonna have that much time to keep updating it this season...

EDIT:

Vidic has apparently agreed to a new contract today which will hopefully be finalised before the start of the season.

Looks like his wife has had a change of heart or he has manned up and put his foot down :)

Good news for us.

Edited by Platty

Another good pre-season result today, can't believe Sagna scored. It would appear Wilshere and Frimpong played well again over the weekend, so thats promising.

Pretty interesting what the squads will be this year with the new home grown players ruling, especially considering Man City are largely in a shitfest with their squad.

[basically I'm trying to just bump our topic off the 4th page.. wtf is going on!!]

So Ramar, do you think Cesc will be going then? I think Arsene is probably even more determined to keep hold of him now. Must be really annoying for the Arsenal fans, this one.

(I know, 4th page, we've been slacking!)

I reckon we'll keep him, he's got four years on his contract, Wenger's been building the team around him for some time and finally Barcelona can't match our estimation. Wenger won't let them have our best player and club captain for nothing.

The problem is it is obvious that Cesc wants to play for Barca, he's always said he wanted to play for them, so it's no surprise to us as fans. He's still only 23 we've invested time in him the least he could do is stick around for a bit longer. It's not like he's even at his peak yet and he'll sit on the bench for Barca, just look at the World Cup.

Cesc hasn't helped himself by not saying anything or telling his 'mates' to stop disrespecting a club he claims is his second home. I'm more annoyed with the likes of Puyol, Messi, Xavi et all for the crap they keep spouting even though their interviews add "we must stop talking about it" only for them to comment the next day.

I reckon we'll keep him, he's got four years on his contract, Wenger's been building the team around him for some time and finally Barcelona can't match our estimation. Wenger won't let them have our best player and club captain for nothing.

The problem is it is obvious that Cesc wants to play for Barca, he's always said he wanted to play for them, so it's no surprise to us as fans. He's still only 23 we've invested time in him the least he could do is stick around for a bit longer. It's not like he's even at his peak yet and he'll sit on the bench for Barca, just look at the World Cup.

Cesc hasn't helped himself by not saying anything or telling his 'mates' to stop disrespecting a club he claims is his second home. I'm more annoyed with the likes of Puyol, Messi, Xavi et all for the crap they keep spouting even though their interviews add "we must stop talking about it" only for them to comment the next day.

I pretty much agree with all that. I can't see where he'd play at Barca. Nothing to do with his quality, but they already have players in his position. It kinda reminds me of when United bought Veron. It disrupted our midfield and we ended up moving Paul Scholes up to Second Striker. He was good in that role, but a lot better when in midfield. Barca would maybe have to shift a player or two to accommodate Cesc.

I think he'll stay for this season, but I think next season he'll be gone. Arsene will plan for this, though. He's not stupid.

Pretty weird Liverpool re-signing Aurellio after letting him go at the start of the summer, I guess Hodgson offered him a better deal than Benitez did.

This pre-season is feeling very pointless so far. We need to see more of the first team playing together instead of just putting out youth teams over and over.

There's not really a lot going on at the moment.

Been a bit quiet on the transfer front for a lot of teams.

I just want the season to start now. No football makes me sad. Only one more weekend to endure without Gillete soccer saturday though. Unbelievable Jeff!!

Don't get me started on that pointless England friendly a few days before the season starts. FFS!

I just want the season to start now. No football makes me sad. Only one more weekend to endure without Gillete soccer saturday though. Unbelievable Jeff!!

Don't get me started on that pointless England friendly a few days before the season starts. FFS!

Don't get me started on Soccer Saturday, the c u next tuesdays at Sky are taking SSN off freeview at the end of August. Absolutely disgusting decision, when I'm not at matches I'll have to rely on pissing BBC's First Score..

Goodbye Jeff and the lads, hello Mark Bright... :weep:

It does suck but I don't think it really is that much of a disgusting decision really though is it? It's a sky channel so they can do what they want with it. Freeview viewers were just lucky that they had it for so long really. I feel your pain though man, having to rely on final score.

Another downside is I guess a lot of pubs without Sky will be buggered now. Wonder what they will show instead?

On the plus for me, Sky viewers are now getting SSN in HD. AWESOME.

See I'm so out of the BBC loop I got the name of their 'show' wrong.

Whilst you're right it's not really disgusting and sky can do what they want with their channel. Surely they must realise the fact it's so popular is because it's on freeview. Not even every Sky owner will be able to watch it because of how they have different 'mixes'. You either need the news or sport channels to get it.

Effectively SSN was Sky's advertising ground as well, they use to plug packages, PPV and what not. People aren't going to sign up to Sky just for a news channel that repeats its stories every hour. It's disappointing more than disgusting.

Yeah it is a strange decision by them as it was pretty much an advertising channel during the adverts.

You also may have noticed that the only sport they really cover in detail is that which is shown in sky sports apart from world cup etc. you'll never get major updates in F1, Wimbledon etc. SSN is Sky marketing at it's best so it is bizarre they are taking off freeview but meh it's their channel and I have sky anyways :)

WHAT?! It won't be on freeview?!

No effing way. The BBC's coverage is crap. Not happy with that. :(