NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2010/11

Too right. It's going to be such a tough game for Arsenal in Spain, but who knows. I still fancy Barca, but they've gave themselves more to do at home now. I'm pretty sure they'd of took 1-1 as soon as Arsenal scored.

You're right, definitely not over and the second leg will be twice as tough.

But I'm just pleased that we've proved people we can go toe to toe with the best, we aren't that push over we were last year. Even if we go out to Barcelona, the confidence we can take from tonight might be valuable for the rest of the season.

Stunning.

We were definitely better in the second half, but it moved heavily in our favour once Iniesta had been taken off and Wenger's substitutions were perfect.

The atmosphere down on Holloway Road right now is buzzing.

When Song got booked after 4 minutes i really thought that would be cruical, but he carried on playing and stayed committed, really didn't rate him that much before this season, but i've seen many great performances from him, against the very best. He's turned into a really good and important player.

When Song got booked after 4 minutes i really thought that would be cruical, but he carried on playing and stayed committed, really didn't rate him that much before this season, but i've seen many great performances from him, against the very best. He's turned into a really good and important player.

Very lucky to stay on the pitch, got away with a few cheap fouls afterwards. I shit myself every time he dived in.

But there was some hypocrisy in it, Van Persie got booked for one foul, Alves got away with 3.

In saying that, Barca appear to have had a legit goal ruled out and a possible shout for a pen. So who am I to complain.

I was saying to my dad at half time that if arsenal hit the wings more and abandon their barca-impersonation (for one game only!) they might see things change.

Wing-play led to them getting more shots, but it did show barcelona's sturdy defense. They were only really broken on the break, so arsenal needs to retain confidence that tehy can close barca down quickly.

I must say I thought fabregas had a bit of a poor game (by his standards) however I think his own bashed confidence was part of the reason he set up arshavin rather than really pushing for a shot himself.

I'm worried that arsenal won't have much in reserve for the next leg. barca seemed fairly reserved but I think arsenal showed most of their cards. A review of the tapes might alter things a bit (as opposed to, say, spurs, with Bale maybe fit for the return leg and pretty much allowing redknapp to play a different game entirely)...

Still, great game - far more interesting throughout than yesterday's.

We'll have Sagna fit, so no Eboue diving around, Nasri will be fitter, and they have Pique suspended. I fancy our chances.

I'm hearing Piqué is out of the next leg (wasn't aware he was on a yellow already), if Puyol is not back that plays to our advantage. We'll also have Sagna back by then. But I agree with most of what you say jayseven, we don't have much more than what was on display tonight.

Edit - Bugger had the message sitting in the box for 5 minutes (got distracted by the highlights back on) and mr-paul beat me to it. xD

Nice sig Ramar ;) That was quick.

Can't help it, I think I jizzed myself when he tucked it away.

Edited by Ramar

Still coming to terms with that result. Even at half time I said we weren't out of it. Had some great play that was let down by slightly heavy pass or two. I shit myself repeatedly at the offside trap we were playing, it failed a few times but the Defence was absolutely awesome through out. I thought Song was little unlucky to get booked for his first tackle and it was touch and go for me every time he came near a Barca player. Wilshere was top class, completely outplayed Iniesta and Xavi.

Obviously only half a job done, but fuck me i'm proud of this team.

Edited by Jon

Just watched the highlights, and i cheered Arsenal goals for the first time :heh:

Great result but the Nou Camp is going to be completely different, if Arsenal get an away goal then they have a chance but I cannot see Barcelona not scoring - when was the last time they didn't score at home?!

Amazing game, well done Arsenal! That Van Persie goal was fucking brilliant. And, the second goal was also incredible. Lovely build-up and counter-attacking.

I really hope that you get a draw or something at the Nou Camp. It would make the competition interesting if Barcelona were out of it. :heh:

Barcelona will probably score at the Nou Camp. I doubt Wenger will go there and set up an uber defensive game. I can see it finishing 1-1.

We can't defend for 90 minutes, it would be suicide to do so. 4-5-1 or a 4-4-1-1 from Wenger me thinks.

We can't defend for 90 minutes, it would be suicide to do so. 4-5-1 or a 4-4-1-1 from Wenger me thinks.

Yeah. I know Inter did it last year, but they made it through by the skin of their teeth. Its not a wise choice, and you'd need a lot of luck to go there and do that.

If Arsenal go there and get an early goal, that would put you in an awesome position. I was willing you to get a third tonight.

I feel dirty.

Last night was one of those games where the whole country should've (and lot of them were) been backing Arsenal.

I went daft when the goals went in. I've always had an interest in Arsenal but last night, even though my coupon was bust (I had Roma - Shakhtar draw) I was still going mental when the scored because it was such a good result for them. I think Valdes should've done better for the first one, no idea how he got beaten at his near post but that 2nd goal from Arshavin. Perfection. He couldn't have struck it better.

I thought Messi wasn't up to his usual high standards; missed a good few chances that you'd normally expect him to be putting away. RVP missed a few too, the one that sticks out in my mind was when (I think Walcott?) put him through on the left and he blasted it high and wide, sometime in the 2nd half.

Although I'd love for Arsenal to go to the Nou Camp and win the tie I really can't see it happening. Barcelona are formidable there and they won't make the same mistakes as they made last night.

Great match last night. Barcelona are always a joy to watch but I was rooting for Arsenal. (Preparation for the Carling Cup Final.)

arsenalgk2.gif

sfez50.gif

:laughing:

In a way, I'm glad Liverpool didn't really go for it in the first leg.. I'm going to see the return leg at Anfield next week :heh:

I didn't see the match tonight, though.. I was playing football..

In a way, I'm glad Liverpool didn't really go for it in the first leg.. I'm going to see the return leg at Anfield next week :heh:

I didn't see the match tonight, though.. I was playing football..

Lucky you :heh:

I spent most of it on my phone anyway, had a feeling it would be a poor game. Is there even anything to come out of it that's worth any kind of discussion? Another clean sheet? :p

FA Cup weekend and contrary to popular media belief, the magic of the cup isn't dead.

Some great games to look forward to over the weekend, a London derby and the two red devils go at it.

Can't believe 4th round replays are taking place during the 5th round, stunts like that are messing it up. I think clubs need to work with the FA, to structure the rounds better. Clubs also need to work on ticket pricing better for cup games to draw in the fans.

FA Cup weekend and contrary to popular media belief, the magic of the cup isn't dead.

Some great games to look forward to over the weekend, a London derby and the two red devils go at it.

Can't believe 4th round replays are taking place during the 5th round, stunts like that are messing it up. I think clubs need to work with the FA, to structure the rounds better. Clubs also need to work on ticket pricing better for cup games to draw in the fans.

No replays would make the FA Cup far better but I can't see it happening because for the smaller clubs earning a draw against a big club is often financially a better option than winning.

No replays would make the FA Cup far better but I can't see it happening because for the smaller clubs earning a draw against a big club is often financially a better option than winning.

I like the replays, if a team draws they deserve another stab at it. The one thing about the new proposal that scares me the most is evening kick offs. Biggest joke of them all, especially for the final. It's bad enough that very few games are played at 3pm on a Saturday without the cup doing it.

Looking forward to todays match. Be interesting to see what team Fergie puts out. I think we may see some big names. Haven't played a game since last Saturday so will want to give some a run out but will have one eye on champs league in the week.

Would like to see Hernandez and Owen start up front. I think most of our young strikers are on loan so it could happen.

Being a Chelsea fan, I would cry now we're out of the FA Cup but I'm all out of tears already this season! lol