NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2010/11

The thing that gets me with Steven Gerrard is that he can seemingly get away with things (assaulting people for one), yet the fans sing about him being "big and fooking hard."

That just grates on me.

I'm just disappointed in MadDog's proudness that his players have to resort to punching/ flapping at someone. You won't see me hoping someone breaks Gerrard's legs.

I'm not proud of it, i'd rather stuff like that didn't happen. He stabbed all us fans in the back, he got a forearm to the face, it happens.

I'd NEVER wish an injury upon a player, i never hoped that Torres would break his nose or his pretty face.

I just found it funny. ::shrug:

To be fair to MadDog, when Cashley went the next time we played Chelsea at home I hoped some of our lads roughed him up. Obviously not break him in half or anything, but let him know he was in the game. The bastard bottled it though and was 'ill'.

I'm not proud of it, i'd rather stuff like that didn't happen. He stabbed all us fans in the back, he got a forearm to the face, it happens.

How did he stab you in the back exactly? Chelsea paid money to Liverpool in return for Torres. That's how the football market works. Did he stab Madrid's fans in the back when Liverpool bought him for £20m?

How did he stab you in the back exactly? Chelsea paid money to Liverpool in return for Torres. That's how the football market works. Did he stab Madrid's fans in the back when Liverpool bought him for £20m?

What I thought, but apparently the Kop are special. No-one leaves the kop until they consider them not good enough.

Whereas we buy and sell players before they even get a chance to buy a house in Landan.

Considering that 3 weeks ago he was saying how much he loved the club, kissed his badge in the everton game and then decided something better had come along.... Thats stabbing us in the back. The fact he left on deadline day with little to no chance of signing a reasonably priced replacement.... Back stabbing. Left to one of our biggest rivals.... back stabbing.

Yay.. for pointless international friendlies. Hopefully none of our lads pick up injuries.

Switched it on at 9mins in to see England 1-0 down already, though LOL.

But then witnessed an absolutely EPIC 9th minute of football to see England score!!

Fast, Quick Passing, Pace, Strength, Skill!... who knew!

Considering that 3 weeks ago he was saying how much he loved the club, kissed his badge in the everton game and then decided something better had come along.... Thats stabbing us in the back. The fact he left on deadline day with little to no chance of signing a reasonably priced replacement.... Back stabbing. Left to one of our biggest rivals.... back stabbing.

How are they one of your biggest rivals exactly? They're about 200 miles away. Because they're near you in the table? Are Sunderland also your rivals? What about Tottenham?

How are they one of your biggest rivals exactly? They're about 200 miles away. Because they're near you in the table? Are Sunderland also your rivals? What about Tottenham?

Rival doesn't have to be close, that would be a local derby.

It's fair to say after the Garcia 'goal' there has been a fair bit of rivalry between Liverpool and Chelsea.

Edited by Ramar

I think Torres seemed to hope he could stay on at Liverpool, but ultimately felt the situation of the club was impacting on him too much...

http://sport.uk.msn.com/football/news/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=156075566

"Money was not important. I left to improve sporting-wise," Torres told Spanish radio station Cadena Ser. "I thought I would stay one more year and take it as a transition season. But a time comes when you lose enthusiasm, you see those in the Spanish national team are playing at a different level.

"Then when everything looked black, Chelsea came and showed a real interest."

The 26-year-old paid tribute to his former club, who he joined from Atletico Madrid in 2007, and made sure to praise their history of success.

"Liverpool will always be very special to me," he said. "Because of its history, Liverpool is a bigger club but it's going through a difficult time. Chelsea is like Manchester United, the strongest over the last 10 years.

"One is not better than the other, I'm just happy to have had the fortune of playing for both of them."

Torres has spent less than a week with his new team-mates so far, having flown out to join up with the Spanish national team after Sunday's defeat, but has already been encouraged by the team spirit at the club - admitting he was expecting it to be more subdued as their title defence has been blown increasingly off course.

"I have been pleasantly surprised by the atmosphere in the Chelsea changing room," he said. "I thought it would be more distant but the atmosphere is very good, they laugh, they joke. It's nice."

Spain face Colombia in a friendly on Wednesday, and Torres believes a break from the madness of recent days will enable him to recharge his batteries and return to England in better form.

"These past 10 days have been very intense and it still is," Torres said. "Everything has gone so quickly and it's as though I have a lot of information in my head. It seems that a month has gone by instead of a week.

"I want to enjoy playing with the national team because we are champions of everything. This game is good for me to disconnect."

Edited by Retro_Link

To be honest I think its the fact that he went to Chelsea, after promising that he would never go to another English club.

I think most Liverpool fans would have accepted him leaving for somewhere abroad, its been pretty obvious he hadnt been happy at Liverpool for a while now and would have left in the summer if he could have. I mean look at Alonso, loved by Liverpool fans but we dont hate him for leaving, we just miss him.

RE: England - Denmark; Johnson's having a great second half, looking very comfortable. Nobody is really being the man-on-point and taking the game into their own hands. Quite a scrappy game that doesn't show one side more dominant than the other.

RE: England - Denmark; Johnson's having a great second half, looking very comfortable. Nobody is really being the man-on-point and taking the game into their own hands. Quite a scrappy game that doesn't show one side more dominant than the other.

I always wonder if Johnson would be better on the wing rather than left back. Seems strongest going forward and is often inconsistence defending when I've seen him play.

I can't believe he shaved his head, in other news.

Okayish match I guess. I always get a feeling of 'why did i bother watching that' after friendlies...

Johnson for me was rubbish.

Sure he burst in to help Young score but his role is in defence, and he was poor. Even right at the end, Hart should have collected that ball instead Johnson wanted to be the big man and volley it out only to miskick and it goes off for a throw-in. Poor.

Got to admit, I had the game on but barely watched. No real interest other than not getting any injuries. Whats the point of international friendlies during one of the busiest months of football?

Good result for us tonight. I think it's a great time to be Scottish, this is by far the best nucleus of players we've ever had. The established stars are all fairly young (Adam, Brown, Dorrans, Morrison, Gordon, Hutton, etc) and there's another generation younger than them coming through (Bannan, Wilson, etc). It's just a shame England aren't in this competition, i'd really fancy our chances against them. We're obviously not as individually talented but we play better as a team. Just hope Levein learns how to set us up properly for big games (ie 4-6-0 vs The Czechs.

Good result for us tonight. I think it's a great time to be Scottish, this is by far the best nucleus of players we've ever had. The established stars are all fairly young (Adam, Brown, Dorrans, Morrison, Gordon, Hutton, etc) and there's another generation younger than them coming through (Bannan, Wilson, etc). It's just a shame England aren't in this competition, i'd really fancy our chances against them. We're obviously not as individually talented but we play better as a team. Just hope Levein learns how to set us up properly for big games (ie 4-6-0 vs The Czechs.

Out of interest, what is this competition? Classic Englishman ignorant of international competitions aside from Euro and World Cup...

Switched it on at 9mins in to see England 1-0 down already, though LOL.

But then witnessed an absolutely EPIC 9th minute of football to see England score!!

Fast, Quick Passing, Pace, Strength, Skill!... who knew!

Don't forget the awful defending. Walcott did great to get past his man and send the ball across but there's no way they should've let him actually do that.

Yeah Scotland have a decent squad at the moment, even with some important players our (both Fletchers, Brown, Gary Caldwell, Dorrans, McFadden) squad was still very strong. I'm very pleased with how the squad is developing and how well they play. I'm glad Commons was playing last night as I've always thought he was a good player. Our left flank in the last few years has always been a strong point. We've got a few good players in that position; Commons, McFadden (although I prefer him playing in the hole), Maloney, Ross McCormick (what happened to him, 41 goals at Cardiff one season then disappeared off the face of the Earth?) Adam and Dorrans can both play in that position too but they're better in the middle. Naismith and Morrison.

Out of interest, what is this competition? Classic Englishman ignorant of international competitions aside from Euro and World Cup...

It's the Carling Nations Cup, just a small competition between N Ireland, ROI, Wales and Scotland. England declined the invitation to join it. I think it's good, it gives what is normally a boring friendly a point to it and they still count towards the rankings.

Yeah at the time England were more interested in promising friendlies to countries that said they'd vote for our World Cup bid. That went well.

I don't think thats a smart move by WBA, Hodgson will have to adapt quickly and get the best out of the team without any new signings and I think the loan window closes in a few weeks so he's in a sticky one.

In other news: Djourou passed fit for tomorrows game, massive news. I was scared he was going to be out for a few weeks.

what is the price for a soccer game like manchester,liverpool etc.???

sorry, in canada we dont have good teams lol

what is the price for a soccer game like manchester,liverpool etc.???

sorry, in canada we dont have good teams lol

Usually between £30-50 depending on where you sit.