NEurope
Dante

Resident Evil Revelations 3DS

Any framerate issues could have something to do with it not even being half finished.

I hope the questionable framerate is mainly due to it being a cam vid.
I didn't really notice any when I was watching it tbh!

And yeah, it's supposedly only at 20% complete, so still a long way to go!

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=15232

News: Resident Evil Revelations Releasing 2012

Anyone expecting Capcom's 'proper' 3DS Resident Evil game this year may be disappointed...

Having been unveiled at E3 last year, many of us expected Resident Evil Revelations to be out on 3DS at least before this year's end. Unfortunately, Capcom has dropped the news on the game's official Facebook page that Revelations won't be out until some time in 2012.

Still, fans can look forward to the more action-oriented The Mercenaries 3D to fill the gap, which is expected to release worldwide this June. Meanwhile, it's been confirmed that a demo for Revelations will indeed be included in North American versions of The Mercenaries 3D, which is a good sign for European gamers.

I don't really mind, especially if it means the game will be all the better.

With the likes of Kid Icarus, Mario Kart, Zelda, Starfox etc... and many games to be revealed at E3, there'll be more than enough to play in the meantime.

Was expecting this. Mercenaries and Revelations in close proximity would've been weird. Good indicator that it's a serious project though hopefully.

http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/116/1169531p1.html

Road to E3 2011: Resident Evil: Revelations

Throughout May, IGN is taking a look at games set to appear at E3 2011, from June 6-9. We'll let you know what to expect and what we hope to learn about these games at this year's show. Will we see Paper Mario 3DS? How much will Nintendo reveal about Mario 3DS? We'll answer as best we can amidst publishers' E3 secret planning.

What We Know

For a game that has yet to be formally unveiled in playable form, we know quite a bit about Resident Evil: Revelations. The Nintendo 3DS title will take place between Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5, featuring Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine as its lead characters. Producers of the new title have said they are intent on moving away from the more action-oriented experiences of RE 4 and RE 5. Instead Revelations is heading more "back to basics," with an emphasis on playing up survival, horror and puzzle-solving.

The Resident Evil franchise has spanned the world, and while Resident Evil 5 was set in Africa, Revelations will be closer to Resident Evil 4's European setting. The limited information we have of the game has suggested an infected cruise ship will be a primary setting of the game, but there are other locations like a port town and a snowy mountainside. Fans of the series will be pleased to hear that traditional zombies – including the spitting variety – will be returning to haunt our heroes.

More curious, however, is the game's apparent ties to past Resident Evil stories. What appear to be flashback sequences will take players back to original RE events, and past characters like Hunk even play a role. Whether these are strictly cutscenes or whether players will be able to relive portions of classic moments remains to be seen. Adding to our questions is a mysterious character that bears an incredible resemblance to Chris Redfield himself. Who is he? We'll have to wait and see.

Another thing we know about Revelations is that you'll get a taste of it in June. A short demo will be included with the action-oriented Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D. Though we don't know the precise contents of the demo, don't expect to be sampling too much of the game, which isn't hitting the 3DS until 2012.

What We Expect At E3

We've never had a hands-on opportunity with Resident Evil: Revelations. A limited demo was available during a Nintendo 3DS event in Japan earlier this year, but this will be the first major demonstration of the game. We're expecting to get a much greater sense of not only the game's story and settings, but how the producers plan to incorporate unique 3DS functionality into the game's design. We're also curious to see what the control scheme is shaping up to be, as early reports have suggested moving and aiming is being preserved.

It's also very likely we'll have access to the game's producers, which will prove useful in determining what the E3 demo might not reveal. Will we ultimately see some sort of co-op experience using both Chris and Jill? How will other characters like Hunk play a role? Will Revelations hint at a Resident Evil 6? Just how impressive will the 3DS graphics be? There are plenty of questions to ask.

Hopefully the revelation will be that RE5 was just a dream!

Underwater!

Game looks good, but I wasn't convinced by the gameplay shown, looked clunkier than RE4. Still looking forward to it though.

Game looks good, but I wasn't convinced by the gameplay shown, looked clunkier than RE4.

Pretty much this.

The first-person aiming just makes me think of RE: Survivor, which probably isn't the game in the series Capcom want to be channelling.

Gotta be possible the worst Resi partner yet!

resident-evil-revelations-20110607003508709_640w.jpg

resident-evil-revelations-20110607003455319_640w.jpg

I doubt he's playable, but he doesn't look like someone who would get the job! Charley Boorman!

Edited by Retro_Link

*insert IGN-related joke here*

*cry that so many people genuinely think like that, ignoring handhelds whenever they speak*

It does only seem to be IGN, though, who are making any form of complaints. Everyone else has been very positive about the game, both visually and in terms of the game's controls and gameplay.

I for one can't wait for it. Looks fantastic. Still on the fence over Mercenaries and the main draw of that for me was the demo for this but it's supposedly very short (a couple of minutes long) but it'd be nice to get some hands on with this seeing as it's not out until next year.

I don't remember them complaining when God of War, Resistance and Crisis Core hit the PSP.

Quick reminder here that IGN is just a site name and that those sections all have entirely different staff...

The current IGN Nintendo team seem kind of shit, they lost all the long-term staff over the course of the last few years.

It's best not to take IGN's reviews/opinions seriously; it seems to be full of unprofessional mainstream fanboys who rave on about COD* and give more obscure games little, if any, time.

*I actually really like Call of Duty by the way (people just rave too much about them, especially IGN; a trait they share with modern 10 year old boys). Until Black Ops, the previous 3 games are what me and my friends played when we weren't playing anything else.

I do wish they'd reduce it to one game every two years however; the FPS genre is flooded with them and it gives each game less replay value as people jump ship from one to another (I'm aware Activision are concerned about money and not replay value).

Edited by Kurtle Squad

Ah ign.. The fucktards of the gaming world.

This is looking GREAT for a 3DS game I have to admit. It seems to put everyone elses efforts to shame and it's not even half-finished yet. It does have some gameplay issues however..

It looks like this WEIRD cross between old style and new style resident evil. It looks like the camera zooms in TOO much while using first-person view and the enemies look quite pixallated up close.

They probably don't want to do the over the shoulder view because this game seems more enclosed.. I get it.. camera issues... BUt this isn't the solution..

Also address some of the problem with resident evil 5 and 4.. namely a better inventory system( should be a given with the touch screen) and being able to run and shoot.

I grew up with Resi, but I honestly think I'm now starting to grow out of it. I fail to see how fans can lap this up, how many more times are they going to throw us into a mansion? Don't get me wrong, I loved the first Resi, and also the remake, but this has got to stop, there's nothing new here.

The intro to the game sucks ducks, the dialogue is terrible, "Oh...I seem to be in a...Uh...Mansion." Parker replies with, "Oh, um...Alright. Meetatthebridgekthxbye." Man, It's terrible. Then we open a door to find a bath full of water, should we drain the water? I wonder what we'll find at the bottom. Oh, an item, I don't recall that ever being done before. I suppose they'll also throw in a grand piano too. Moonlight Sonata anyone? Hell, I wouldn't be suprised if they make Parker fart when he runs, that guy is the most boring, mediocre, bland RE character, ever! Jessica looks a little too dolled up, in my opinion, it looks like she just finished a couple of shoots with Playboy.

So far, nothing has impressed me. :hmm:

Edited by Detchibe

I grew up with Resi, but I honestly think I'm now starting to grow out of it. I fail to see how fans can lap this up, how many more times are they going to throw us into a mansion? Don't get me wrong, I loved the first Resi, and also the remake, but this has got to stop, there's nothing new here.

The intro to the game sucks ducks, the dialogue is terrible, "Oh...I seem to be in a...Uh...Mansion." Parker replies with, "Oh, um...Alright. Meetatthebridgekthxbye." Man, It's terrible. Then we open a door to find a bath full of water, should we drain the water? I wonder what we'll find at the bottom. Oh, an item, I don't recall that ever being done before. I suppose they'll also throw in a grand piano too. Moonlight Sonata anyone? Hell, I wouldn't be suprised if they make Parker fart when he runs, that guy is the most boring, mediocre, bland RE character, ever! Jessica looks a little too dolled up, in my opinion, it looks like she just finished a couple of shoots with Playboy.

So far, nothing has impressed me. :hmm:

Jesus - you're looking forward to it then?

Jesus - you're looking forward to it then?

As of yet, no. I hate the Hollywood-esque style they give RE. I'll probably still buy it though.

Edited by Detchibe

Just downloaded the 3D E3 Trailer... the 3D does give everything an extra clarity that looks nice and the scanner looked kinda cool... however it wasn't anywhere near as good as I expected.

Unless the trailer was unrepresentative, I might find that I don't use the 3D all that much outside of cutscenes... especially if it improves the gameplay quality.

Edited by Retro_Link

Just downloaded the 3D E3 Trailer... the 3D does give everything an extra clarity that looks nice and the scanner looked kinda cool... however it wasn't anywhere near as good as I expected.

Unless the trailer was unrepresentative, I might find that I don't use the 3D all that much outside of cutscenes... especially if it improves the gameplay quality.

I thought it looked very impressive but like all the other trailers, turning on 3D results in a slightly pixilated look that is smoothed out when off.

Also, this isn't the trailer that was on the NoA E3 website... which is what the other trailers are - this is a completely different one as far as I could tell comprised only of gameplay.