NEurope
Dante

Resident Evil Revelations 3DS

I didnt need to play online co-op on re5, because I had my bro, but now this will be pretty cool, the only thing left is to have the ability to chat online via the 3ds headset then you've pretty much got the entire console package. Co-op or not if this game has an awesome single player campaign with solid difficulty, tense atmosphere and some good scares along the way. then im sorted!

New scans:

rerevelationsscan1.jpgrerevelationsscan2.jpg

Details:

The game modes are Campaign, Raid, Missions and also new male characters called Keith Lumley and Quint Cetcham. They are both part of the BSAA and will probably assist Chris Refield and or Jill Valentine during the game.

They give us online Co-Op one minute...

...and more bullshit characters the next!

Keith Lumley... come on, look at the guy!

The BSAA area a bunch of utter morons, every single one of them!!

For now we'll have to wait and see how these characters develop, their importance to the story, traits etc. Even if they may look like total bs.

Btw your comment made me laugh! Because its true!

Details on Raid Mode:

Capcom has unveiled Resident Evil: Revelations' Raid Mode, its single-player or two-player co-op experience.

In Raid Mode you play as Jill Valentine or Chris Redfield, and attack enemies to earn points that can be used to upgrade your character and weapons.

Raid Mode is playable over local Wi-fi or the internet, with levels lifted from the single-player experience. Enemies have levels and health bars appear above them. At the end of each mission the player receives a rank based on their performance. Loot is also given to the player.

"The story mode in the game is something we created with the single-player experience in mind," Revelations assistant producer Tsukasa Takenaka told Eurogamer. "I would like everyone to play the game in their bedroom with the lights off and headphones on. That's the way to experience the mode.

"At the same time, these games we create, we know they're really enjoyable when you're able to share some of that experience with a friend. Multiplayer is very important and that communication is something that resonates with everyone. We felt putting Raid Mode in, in this kind of structure, allowed us to do that for this game as well."

Meanwhile, Capcom announced the fourth playable character in Revelations' campaign: Keith Lumley. Lumley, alongside partner Quint Cetcham, act as comic relief in the otherwise serious game, and are described as "nerdy". In one sequence shown at a press event, the pair face off against invisible hunters, and players must use the Genesis Scanner to detect them.

"Previous Resident Evil games have featured maybe not so many characters," Takenaka said. "In older Resident Evil games the story takes place from one or two characters' perspectives and progresses with them from beginning to end.

This game is different in that you see a lot of different viewpoints from a lot of different characters. The viewpoints shift around. That's one of the things we're talking about with the episodic structure of the story. You get to see things unfold from different characters in different times, and we found different kinds of characters makes that even more compelling.

"They do seem a bit comical, but when you see how they fit into the story and what they bring to the experience, they're definitely Resident Evil characters."

Also revealed is Revelations' "Enhance 3D depth slider" option, which allows players to widen or narrow the 3D effect provided by the Nintendo 3DS slider. You can select from normal, strong and very strong.

The Western version of the game includes the Japanese voice over as a bonus. It also allows you to reset your game save data - a response to the controversy surrounding the lack of a save game reset feature in Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D.

Eh, it's not like Resident Evil is a stranger to comedy. "Master of unlocking" and "your right hand comes off?", anyone? :heh:

I don't mind a bit of comedy... but slapstic duos (skids and mudflaps)... annoying!

I thought Capcom was making a real effort to emulate the feeling of the earlier games in this one.

Scrolling down the page and that scan, I couldn't help getting reminded of Tingle! I was like...wait, what?! :heh:

Edited by Nyubi

Quint Cetcham.
Isn't he something to do with Pokemon?
Yeah he's the South African Pokemon trainer, who doesn't have much luck.

So the online coop is just going to e this raid mode then isn't it rather than campaign co op?

Yeah I was wondering that too, hopefully it's both modes... a co-op story, and then this mode which seems more like this games version of mercenaries.

I don't mind a bit of comedy... but slapstic duos (skids and mudflaps)... annoying!

I thought Capcom was making a real effort to emulate the feeling of the earlier games in this one.

What's the point it regurgitating the old stuff anyway? Been there done that should not be the reaction one gets when playing something like this. A game that is trying to move the franchise forward not backwards.

About the characters... well they already made it clear that they wanted to give players the chance to play using a different type of character than the usual. Meaning that instead of playing with the heroic Chris & Jill, you can also play as two regular schmoes. Its not like the BSAA is full of cool people that are in no way nerds. That's not realistic in that kind of a setting. Where they have techies and stuff.

Besides, Capcom prob thought that adding them would help the game not take itself so seriously like RE5 did.

I mean the problem with RE5 is that it took itself too seriously. Capcom did that by hiring a dude from this part of the world (The West) that worked on all the cutscenes and who re-wrote the original Japanese script. He took away all the corny, cheesy elements and with that, the humor of it.

The thing that any RE fan should worry about is that Revelations brings back the fear into the gameplay.

Edited by WiiUMarryMii

The thing that any RE fan should worry about is that Revelations brings back the fear into the gameplay.
That's what I meant by my post.

That's what I meant by my post.

Well I meant bringing the fear back into the GAMEPLAY.

Like not giving you a lot of ammo to shower every wall with. Or having barrels full of health items at every corner. Thus killing the anxiety of not knowing if you will survive going through a corridor or a room full of B.O.W.s

At least with Revelations, they make you search for such items. Enemies don't seem to drop any items either like in RE4/RE5. That's a good thing.

I mean, they could create the coolest characters ever and that doesn't mean crap if the gameplay doesn't deliver the horror and the fear.

UK Gaming magazine GamesMaster has published the first review for Resident Evil: Revelations, with the recently released January 2012 edition awarding the blood-splattered 3DS title a positively glowing score of 91%.

Excitedly described as “the game to convince Resi fans that the series is back to its best,†the respected magazine proceeds to state that Resident Evil: Revelations is “one of the scariest games ever committed to handheld, and a spectacular return to form.†The zombie-ridden title’s environments, story-line and overall scares are also praised, with the cruise liner level outlined as “a corking setting for Revelations, with a choking atmosphere trapped inside its creaking hull.â€

Nice! I didn't expect it to score so highly.

Nice! I didn't expect it to score so highly.

I certainly don't expect it to score that highly everywhere else but it is really encouraging to see such a positive review :hehe:

Edited by nekunando

I am skeptical about this review. Seems way too early to get a review code and worldwide exclusive always get high scores.

I'm surprised people are surprised... :)

The fact that Capcom have taken their time with this shows it wasn't going to be terrible.

This game has been on the top of my hype list for aaaages. Screen shots look brilliant, the demo on Mercenaries (though painfully short), played and looked very good, and it seems to be a return to the horror roots that I personally love.

Roll on January!

As positive as the IGN preview is, I'm really not sure on this. I hate like every last detail about the art design, all the new characters look like shit and the script and voice acting for new characters is balls too (and not in an original RE funny kind of balls way, just annoying).

The presentation as a whole and production values of the game are good, but a lot of it is offputting. Although, even saying that positive, the frame rate in the videos I've seen (tons) has looked like it regularly dips before 30fps, which is a big no no.

Still, if the gameplay and fear as a whole are good, I'll probably still get it I guess...but I want to see some non-magazine reviews to get a better idea of it really is actually fun or not.