NEurope
Dante

Resident Evil Revelations 3DS

Info

Capcom's throwing its support behind Nintendo's new 3DS hardware right from the start with an all-new installment in the long-running survival horror series, Resident Evil.

Resident Evil: Revelations, as it's currently named, looks to bring the franchise's zombie-blasting madness to the high seas -- or else the cruise ship revealed in its initial batch of official screens is a red herring.

Screenshots

4k77yb.jpg

2mzywi1.jpg

29w39zn.jpg

Also:

Can you confirm then that these images are fully representative (maybe apart from the AA) of the Resident Evil demo you saw?

Yeah pretty much, what we where shown was a man in the chair (who I thought was Christ for a sec) and Jill holding a gun to his head, then the real Chris came in and held a gun to Jills head, still though got a good feel of the graphics from it though.
Edited by Retro_Link

I feel slightly disappointed that we don't have any info regarding this game's gameplay. Wait and see, I guess.

Hope this isn't just another Umbrella Chronicles/Darkside Chronicles.

I'd like a new chapter to the story, not just some extra bit fitted in somewhere or retold.

Everyone with half a brain knows that these images are pre-rendered so man I'm not sure what the heck they were playing at even showing this. :|

Like it's nice we have an RE game coming, but I hate misrepresentive images.

I'd love it to be a classic resident evil title like remake. The 3d could scare the shit out of you!:D

Revelations is completely new, apparently. Good to see Capcom really getting behind the 3DS!

Revelations is completely new, apparently. Good to see Capcom really getting behind the 3DS!

Its was going to be for PSP as REP until Nintendo show them 3DS last year.

Its was going to be for PSP as REP until Nintendo show them 3DS last year.

Interesting, that means it's hardly going to be like umbrella chronicles so because they hardly would have tried that for psp.

Good news.

Game Infomers Hands-On:

The video showed Chris Redfield bound to a chair, apparently after receiving a rather brutal beating. A woman is holding him at gunpoint while asking him all sorts of questions and making all kinds of threats. Other images flash across the deep, 3D-enhanced screen picturing a ship, Chris and Jill in the Lost in Nightmares location, and what appears to be Hunk from RE 2 fame. The video was quite short so I wasn't able to grab every detail. Fortunately what I can tell you is that the graphics look awesome. The quality of this little handheld's picture is astounding, and the fact that the character models are nearly better than a PS2's is saying something.
Edited by Dante

Inafune Interview

"Hi, I'm Keiji Inafune, I lead game development here at Capcom.

When Nintendo first told me about the Nintendo 3DS and its 3D screen I was really surprised. I was waiting for a system with such powerful processing ability. It is very attractive. Capcom games tend to eat up a lot of machine power, including graphics. Everyone at Capcom wants to make games with the best graphics. The Nintendo 3DS can help make that happen.

That feature, which may not sound fancy, is what I'm most excited about when I tested the hardware. We want to make great games to not put the hardware to shame, so please look forward to it.

The Resident Evil series, I want people to play it on the Nintendo 3DS. This will be a complete original. As a game, it will make you want to explore all sorts of secrets. I think 3D images make players wonder what's at the end of the hallway or what's behind the furniture. We're making it so it's really like watching a movie in 3D, so it's very engaging. Zombie hordes will come at you with more behind it, and when you see that it will make you think you have to shoot faster. By the game being in 3D, it can bring more fun and excitement to the players.

We've been making several Resident Evil games, but this one will be the real thing. It will be a complete original, similar to Resident Evil 5. I hope you'll take a look at the show floor.

It's not out on E3, but we're also working on Super Street Fighter 4 for the Nintendo 3DS. It's a game that's made for 2D, but I really like the way those 2D elements appear in 3D. I like it a lot."

Cool, so a new Resident Evil Chapter!!

I imagine it will be more like the original games in terms of length, one that can be completed in say 5 hours.

If only it were Leon instead!!

the 3rd screenshot of Chris could be ingame.

look at how 'blocky' his arms / eblows are.

probably not but just saying look at the damn arms :p

In real time with 3DS version of Capcom's MT Framework engine.

Capcoms PR:

Following last week’s announcement that Capcom currently has two titles, Resident Evil: Revelations and Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition (tentative title), in development for the Nintendo 3DS the first trailer for Resident Evil: Revelations has just been released and is now available for download from our press extranet. Featuring appearances from Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine the trailer is rendered in real time using the game engine.

Also available from http://www.capcomeuro-press.com are the first in-game screen shots for Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition (tentative title) and a selection of stills from the trailer for Resident Evil: Revelations.

Everyone with half a brain knows that these images are pre-rendered so man I'm not sure what the heck they were playing at even showing this. :|

Like it's nice we have an RE game coming, but I hate misrepresentive images.

You were saying? :heh:

haha we all thought it was an fmv though :D

Games that Utilise capcom mt framework according to wikipedia

Dead Rising

Lost Planet

Devil May Cry 4

Resident Evil 5

Version 2.0

Lost Planet 2

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (Upcoming Release 2011)

Resident Evil: Revelations (Nintendo 3DS title. Upcoming Release TBA)

This isn't even on the wii yet( but it's planned too)

This is planned for Wii too??? Says who?

I'm pretty sure he meant the MT Framework engine. :heh:

This is planned for Wii too??? Says who?

Mt framework :P

Was announced around october last year that capcom were planning a wii version... No idea what became of it though.

I still don't believe it. I'll believe it's actually running on 3DS specific tech when I see genuine gameplay footage.

Just now I'll consider it a render of something they hope will be "close" to the real thing, but wont be. Rendered with the game engine? Sure, but rendered for the game engine running on 3DS? Now that I don't believe.

There's too huge a visual gap between this and other titles for it to be running on 3DS hardware. I mean Nintendo should know what the hardware is capable of best and none of their games look half as good.

Edited by James McGeachie

I'm pretty sure he meant the MT Framework engine. :heh:

That's...err... that's what I was talking about too.

Yep.

I still don't believe it. I'll believe it's actually running on 3DS specific tech when I see genuine gameplay footage.

Just now I'll consider it a render of something they hope will be "close" to the real thing, but wont be. Rendered with the game engine? Sure, but rendered for the game engine running on 3DS? Now that I don't believe.

There's too huge a visual gap between this and other titles for it to be running on 3DS hardware. I mean Nintendo should know what the hardware is capable of best and none of their games look half as good.

This is on Capcom's MT Framework engine and was worked on it longer when it was going to be for the PSP.

See the blocky fingers?

re5_1v5je.gif

Kid Icarus:

333ejc5.jpg

Screencaps:

xbaant.jpg

24nnpe0.jpg

2qateh3.jpg

2vx53wm.jpg

m966w8.jpg