NEurope
Dante

Resident Evil Revelations 3DS

1 more to go!

Have you been to the "swimming pool" room?

That room can be easily missed, I didn't find it till near end of my Hell mode run (2nd playthrough)

Have you been to the "swimming pool" room?

That room can be easily missed, I didn't find it till near end of my Hell mode run (2nd playthrough)

Yeah, got it on my 2nd play through.

Found it in chapter 7, it was on the deck next the UAV or whatever it's called.

Stuck on the start of Chapter 9... any tips?

Edited by Ike

Yeah, got it on my 2nd play through.

Found it in chapter 7, it was on the deck next the UAV or whatever it's called.

We talking bout the same room? I talking the pool room where you have to flip a switch to purify the water then when you come back later you can jump in the pool.....

Stuck on the start of Chapter 9... any tips?

Can't remember the chapters... which one is this?

Uhhh the one where play as Grinder(?). The other guy is hacking the network and you have to protect him from the wolves and Hunters.

Find I keep getting hit from enemies I can't see since they all attack at once and there and wolves and hunters jumping around everywhere.

Ammo supply is pretty low as well.

I did manage it once but then I died clearing the remaining enemies. It's harder than Hell mode when you can't heal. :blank:

Make sure you're constantly on the move, pay attention to sound cues from the enemies and stick to walls as much as possible. You don't want to be out in the open where they can come at you from any angle. If you can find the time then whip out the Genesis scanner to be able to see them though it's easier said than done.

Ah yes, that Chapter is a bitch on Hell mode when you can heal... trying to do it without healing even on Casual is a hard ask...but it can be done.

From what I remember doing.

On first entering the room, pick up any ammo/weapons that are on the ground that you can carry. (I think I left the rocket launchers on the ground)

When the other guy starts hacking the console after you've turned on the generators there is a container to his right that you can climb on top of. Climb it, think there is a magnum up there too...GET IT.

Stick yourself right into the corner of the wall still on top of the container. This way nothing can appear behind you.... but watch out for Hunters dropping in from the sides.

Use a SHOTGUN if you have one, the spread of the shots should help do damage if multiple enemies get on the container with you.... or else a machine gun is a good choice too...just make sure every bullet hits....don't want to be wasting bullets by missing.

(Can't remember but can you use upgraded weapons with these guys?)

The BOW Grenades are a MUST to have (is that the right name? The ones that beep and attract the dogs) Very good to use when there are a number of dogs coming, just chuck one down to the floor away from the container and the dogs will go for that and die.... don't think it attracts the Hunters though.

Also try to learn the enemy Wave Patterns. Pretty sure after the 1st or 2nd wave it is possible to take out some Hunters from a distance when the spawn from the top of your container you should see some spawn at the opposite corner where there is a pile of boxes/crates. Use a Sniper Rifle if you have one or use the Magnum....should be one hit kills... think you can take out one or two before you have to worry bout dogs or other hunters jumping on your container.

I try to save the Magnum for the Invisible Hunters, you shouldn't need the scanner to see them, if you pay attention you should be able to the the light bend round them like a Predator.

If and WHEN you start to run low on ammo that is when I would jump down form the container and use the last of your BOW Grenades (might still be some dogs around) and try grab the rocket launchers to take out the last Hunters...which will prolly be the Invisible kind. Tossing any other grenade types can help too.

Hope that helps and you manage it soon. I certainly didn't do it without taking damage. I think I was prolly a sneeze away from dying when I finally did it. Luckily damage won't carry over to the next chapter.

Edited by Mokong

Thanks for the tips. After a few more attempts I finally managed it!

Kept moving for the first half, then wedged myself in the corner of the container with the Magnum, although it wasn't completely safe as apparently Hunters can hurt you simply by turning around as soon as the drop down from the higher ledge which was a bit annoying.

From that spot I could see the one invisible monster (ironically) and could snipe him with the Magnum from across the room.

Decoy and Shock Grenades helped when it got too crowded, the Decoys don't work on Hunters but they still get hurt in the explosion.

Then I just finished off the remaining Hunters and Invisible Monsters with the rest of my Magnum ammo and somehow managed to survive.

Oddly the game only registered 1 death, seems it doesn't remember them if you quit.

The rest of the game was easy, the final boss went down after a well aimed Rocket Launcher. Time for Chapter 12 was just over 2 minutes.

The upgrade you get for the no herb run sounds pretty useful, especially for Hell mode but sadly I've already done that. Might be more useful for Nightmare mode but I have no plans to buy the HD version or play Nightmare mode. :P

One last thing: Shotgun + Charge = godly.

Oh and out of interest, do the story in Revelations tie in RE5?

Just finished a second play through (this time on Hell mode). The game is just as good as I remembered it being :D

Funny how Hell mode turns bosses into a game of pure ammo conservation!

One last thing: Shotgun + Charge = godly

Very true. I abused the hell out of that combo on the last boss :laughing:

Oh and out of interest, do the story in Revelations tie in RE5?

Apart from that one shot of Chris and Jill heading for that mansion (which is the start of the Lost in Nightmares DLC chapter of RE5), no not really.

No idea about whether or not it fits in with RE6 mind you though...

Edited by Dcubed

Thread bump!

Downloaded this before from the eShop. I only played through it the once when I originally bought it and always intended to play through it again but never got round to it.

Finished the first 2 chapters.

Forgot how much I love it. Such a good game. Great to control, lovely graphics, atmospheric. Everything you want in a Resident Evil game!

I also love the 'Previously on RE: Revelations' that you get after each episode! So great for a handheld game!

I'm sure I read somewhere that Capcom wanted to further support the 3ds with this series? I could be wrong, but it'd be great to see a follow up to this game, or even a new Resident Evil game from them!

After how bad RE:6 was, maybe they should stick to handheld from now on! :heh:

Looking to finish this one fairly quickly as I don't recall it being a massively long game. Then I'll move on to another older game I want to re-visit!

Thread bump!

Downloaded this before from the eShop. I only played through it the once when I originally bought it and always intended to play through it again but never got round to it.

Finished the first 2 chapters.

Forgot how much I love it. Such a good game. Great to control, lovely graphics, atmospheric. Everything you want in a Resident Evil game!

I also love the 'Previously on RE: Revelations' that you get after each episode! So great for a handheld game!

I'm sure I read somewhere that Capcom wanted to further support the 3ds with this series? I could be wrong, but it'd be great to see a follow up to this game, or even a new Resident Evil game from them!

After how bad RE:6 was, maybe they should stick to handheld from now on! :heh:

Looking to finish this one fairly quickly as I don't recall it being a massively long game. Then I'll move on to another older game I want to re-visit!

This game was fantastic (single+ multiplayer), though to be honest i can't see them do another, and if they did they'd design it in a way so they could easily convert it to the TV consoles, thus not fully taking advantage of the 3DS in some way.

I decided to go to YouTube this morning to watch the ending of Resident Evil Revelations as I skipped it last night when I finally decided to finish the final chapter.. and, in fairness, I probably did the right thing last night as I simply did not care about anything that happened regarding the story and was just happy to see the game come to an end :hmm:

It was one of those games that was certainly OK but I never found it compelling in any way and am not sure why I even carried on playing other than to give myself a reason to play my 3DS, something I've been struggling to warrant recently..

Revelations is a further nail in the Resident Evil coffin, for me, as I've struggled to enjoy the series over the years with only Resident Evil 4 standing out as a truly breathtaking game. I could somewhat appreciate the older games for what they were, particularly the Gamecube remake of the original, but the identity of Resident Evil has become such a mess that I've come to realise that I just don't really care for it at all and am happy to accept Resident Evil 4 as the beautiful exception :smile: