NEurope
Dante

Resident Evil Revelations 3DS

Famitsu score.

We don't have the specific details of what Famitsu had to say, but it seems that they were quite taken with Resident Evil: Revelations. The review team at the long-running Japanese publication gave the game a 37 out of 40, with the score panning out 10/10/9/8. For those wondering, Resident Evil 5 got a 38 out of 40.

Pre-ordered with Zavvi. No postage options so I presume it'll arrive like a week later, but it's worth it considering how cheap the bundle is.

Another review.

Game Informer - 9/10 (also their Game of the Month)

- Delivers a console-caliber Resident Evil experience on a handheld

- Rich animations, detailed environments and solid cutscenes make this a visual stunner

- Some of the best music in the series, and disturbing monster noises help get you into the game

- Controls just as smoothly as its console predecessors, and the slick new dodge mechanic makes it even better

- A perfect blend of action and survival are driven home by a gripping episodic narrative that will have you struggling to put down your 3DS

- A story that puts the last two main series entries to shame

"Since its inception in 1996, the Resident Evil series has gradually mutated from the eerie, slow-paced horror into a guns-blazing, explosion-riddled blockbuster. Resident Evil Revelations, the newest worthwhile title for 3DS, improves the fantastic gameplay established by recent entries while rekindling the dread and survival from the earlier games. Jill and Chris' latest ordeal is the most satisfying Resident Evil experience we've played in years."

Resident Evil Revelations, the newest worthwhile title for 3DS, improves the fantastic gameplay established by recent entries while rekindling the dread and survival from the earlier games. Jill and Chris' latest ordeal is the most satisfying Resident Evil experience we've played in years."

it's got the action of 4 & 5 (especially 5) and went back to it's survival roots as well! this is pretty much what everyone's been saying, but it's really nice to hear it again as it reinforces this point even more.

-A perfect blend of action and survival are driven home by a gripping episodic narrative that will have you struggling to put down your 3DS

- A story that puts the last two main series entries to shame

these points had my mouth watering... literally, I always thought Revelations was probably going to be the biggest title the 3DS has to offer (so far) it's definitely looking that way.

It's like, I'm waiting for the demo version to be released to the eshop to check the game out before buying, but at the same time I have this feeling that I might as well just get on with it an order it already. Hmm...

Edited by cvl

I'm really excited by this game!

Cannot wait for release day - let's hope Zavvi surprise us all.

I am also quite intrigued to know how the add on will feel in the hand and whether it will be a seamless thing or make me want to smash it into tiny pieces. Time will tell! : peace:

well most people who have used the CPP have said that it feels quite comfortable, but there might be a slight problem with small-handed gamers when reaching for the four face buttons.

but im excited too!

This and Kid Icarus are what I'm waiting for. That and Super Mario 3D Land are the things mostly interesting me in the 3D at the moment.

Glad to hear positive news about this game.

@Hamishmash I don't think it does, but I haven't read their pre-order policy.

EDIT: the only relevant piece of info i found from zavvi.

Pre-order Price Promise: Order this product with us today and if we reduce the price between taking your order and the release date, we will charge you the lower price!

This offer is not to be used in conjunction with any other offers including any discount codes and bundle offers. We reserve the right to reject or cancel any orders which are used in conjunction with any other offers even if your credit or debit card has been charged.

In the unlikely event that the price shown on the checkout page is wrong, and we discover this before accepting your order in accordance with clause 9 of our terms & conditions, we are not required to sell the goods to you at the price shown.

We always try and ensure that the prices of goods shown on our Website are accurate, but occasionally genuine errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of the goods that you have ordered we will let you know as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If you cancel your order and you have already paid for the goods, then you will receive a full refund.

The products sold on the website are not for re-sale or distribution. You are limited to a purchase of 5 items of any one product. We reserve the right to cancel orders and/or suspend accounts where we believe products are being ordered in breach of this provision.

EDIT: I've just checked my order and the price is still the same for me, £29.99.

Edited by -Dem0-

Ha Zavvi clearly realising they have missed a trick by pricing it for the same price that most will be charging for just the game!

Thank God for the pre-order price promise! :grin:

Love that red outline drawing of the 3DS on the box. It reminds me of the illustrations on the boxes for the original Gameboy and the Virtual Boy.

I had something similar happen with Amazon and MGS HD Collection where it was £20 but then they increased the price to £30 and cancelled my order... Maybe because it's only a small increase on Zavvi they'll honour our pre-orders.

I sent Zavvi an email about it and this is what they said:

"Hi f00had,

Thank you for your message.

I can confirm that you will pay the price of the order it was when you ordered it.

If you have any other queries, please feel free to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Lizzie"

I sent Zavvi an email about it and this is what they said:

"Hi f00had,

Thank you for your message.

I can confirm that you will pay the price of the order it was when you ordered it.

If you have any other queries, please feel free to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Lizzie"

Cool I Pre-Orderd it for the lower price aswell.

Has anyone played the Demo version of ReR? if so how does it play without the CPP?

"You are Dead"

I lasted against 5 enemies and about as many minutes. The demo I'm talking about. Quite a few options in the menu but nothing to fix the low-fi sound effects - hopefully that's just a memory restraint issue with the demo though the guy who blurted out "Resident Evil.... Revelations" in the Star Wars Emperor voice sounded fine so maybe it is a game issue.

It seems there is a limit on how many times you can play the demo - I'm guessnig after 30 times the thing probably deletes itself but if you've played through the demo 30 times, well I suspect you might be convinced enough to buy the proper game anyway.

I can't quite see the need for the cirlce pad pro and any attempt to turn the game into a FPS is just to risk diluting the game further in this game which is supposed to be a bit of return to the more classic style of game. I wasn't totally comfortable with the controls but I just need time to get familiar with them.

Anyone else downloaded it?

Anyone else downloaded it?

Yeah I have but im probably going to try it out tomorrow. thanks for your thoughts, I will post mine tomorrow.

I downloaded it too, it's a lot harder than Resident Evil 4 and 5! That's probably because of the way the enemies sway about making it hard to shoot them. It's really scary too... Looking forward to playing the full game next week.

I downloaded it too, it's a lot harder than Resident Evil 4 and 5! That's probably because of the way the enemies sway about making it hard to shoot them. It's really scary too... Looking forward to playing the full game next week.

And there was me just thinking that I sucked :p

I got to the room with the regen style thing (i.e. the regular enemy) and the bulbous looking thing before snuffing it. When you shoot, some bullets don't seem to do anything and yet some will stun the enemy - it's a bit strange as I didn't know if shooting would buy me time to move or not.

The menu screen said that walk run was on the circle pad without the need to hold anything but if that is so, there doesn't seem much difference between running and walking as the speeds were quite close.