Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PilotWings Resort

Retro_Link

This is by far my number 1 launch game. I don't even care how much there is to do in the game' date=' the best part of the previous ones has been random exploration and I don't see this one being much different.[/quote']Yeah but have you played Wii Sports Resort? Many of us have already explored the island to the absolute max collecting every balloon and info point... so that's where the lack of content issue comes in.

I've still pre-ordered this and Monkey Ball though.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's true, I suppose I haven't played Wii Sports Resort as much as most so it isn't a massive issue for me. I'd still think there will be enough content to keep people happy though.

Monkey Ball is a good shout, what I've played of it I quite enjoy it.

Did this game come out at launch? If so surely there's been leaks about areas and vehicles?! I don't care for details, just the knowledge there are more areas, and, more importantly, more vehicles!

Nope, it doesn't even have a Japanese release date yet.

Edited by Cube

They were put on GamesPress by Nintendo as "A couple of bits of character art."

Interestingly:

ctrpawachar012radkopie.jpg

Was called ctrp_awa_char01_2_r_ad_kopie.jpg while this:

ctrpawachar06radpsdjpgc.jpg

Was called ctrp_awa_char06_r_ad_psd_jpgcopy.jpg.

Which opens up the possibility of at least 6 different vehicles (this is just wild speculation from the filenames).

Squirrel suit!
That does it then, see you on day 1 Pilotwings Resort! :D

Not sure 26 is elderly, but this and the suggestion the Pilotwings logo spins onto the screen makes me :)
26 isn't elderly. And neither is 30, right?... RIGHT!? :heh:

Anyway, yeah spinning logo also makes me :)

For the benefit of those that haven't experienced the original spinning logoâ„¢:

The Japanese version (which is the one I own) is even cooler, as the dots on the i's are green and red like the in-game targets. :wink:

That does it then, see you on day 1 Pilotwings Resort! :D

26 isn't elderly. And neither is 30, right?... RIGHT!? :heh:

Anyway, yeah spinning logo also makes me :)

For the benefit of those that haven't experienced the original spinning logoâ„¢:

The Japanese version (which is the one I own) is even cooler, as the dots on the i's are green and red like the in-game targets. :wink:

It'd be quite awesome if one of the unlockables in this game was the original SNES background music :)

I've been playing Pilotwings on the SNES recently (just unlocked Pilotwings 'Expert' :hehe:) after having cleared the main part of Pilotwings 64 earlier this year..

At the risk of overkill, I reckon Pilotwings Resort is looking like my game of choice on launch day :yay: That review only enforces my belief :grin:

Yeah, I want Pro Evo, Nintendogs, this and Street Fighter but I just dont I can really afford to spunk all that money on it... But which to get rid of? Nintendogs is the obvious choice but it looks to be a great showpiece of the hardware...Hmmm....

I'm blatantly going to get all 4 and then probably Rayman, Monkey Ball and Ridge Racer if the reviews are good...

If I was going for more than one game, it would probably be this and Super Street Fighter IV 3D. PES 2011 3D would be much more appealing with online play so I'll most likely wait until the 2011 version before investing..

Ridge Racer 3D could be half decent too but I don't think I'd be interested in paying full price for it ::shrug:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!