Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS

Retro_Link

Personally I think the screenshots are fine, was never a fan of the pre-rendered backgrounds in the original. Also I am not keen on the box. The artwork is nice in itself, but Link and Epona being off to the right and the logo to the left just makes it look... bad, like really cheaply chucked together without any thought.

Hm.

I was probably the only person who thought that artwork was a bit shit then, but I guess this will make a lot of people happy :heh:

Btw: Anyone else holding out on getting a 3DS just for this game and the faint hope that they might release a Zelda-themed 3DS? I'm thinkin' green.

Awesome boxart for an awesome game. So glad that lovely image didn't get relegated to insignificance like every other beautiful piece of Zelda art created and forgotten, only ever given the recognition it deserves as a crap quality folded Nintendo magazine poster

At least this is a new piece of art created specifically for this title.

Edited by Guy

The arrangement of that boxart is unbelievably bad. Sorry to sound an ass, but the Zelda logo should be centred horizontally and be slightly higher. Meanwhile, Link and Epona occupy the right-hand third, whereas it'd probably be better if they were on the dividing line between the 2nd and 3rd.

2 minute mock up of how simple arrangement can make it look shit loads better...

Untitled-1-8.gif

Sorry, but I do think you've made it a lot worse. :p

Logo is now a bit puny in relation to the box size, middle of the image looks cluttered with the logo and Link, general emptiness on the left side of the box makes the whole composition imbalanced towards the right side in my eyes.

I love the artwork, but I don't think it's the most fortunate choice for the box. It looks like it was never made with a small squarish box in mind. Not that it matters over here. Once our USK has had its way with it, half the box will be used to tell us, that the game's supposed to be by children of at least 12. -_-

I think Eddage's logo is perfectly positioned. I'd perhaps make that slightly larger, shift Link and Epona slightly to the right (but not as much as the original version - just so Link is under the word "Time") and shrink them slightly too.

(But I won't, as I don't have any software like that, or know how to use it.)

Bloody hell, Zelda fans moan about everything, icluding the precise placement of Link on the box!

"He should be on the left"

"No in the centre"

"Yes in the centre but a little more to the right"

"No it's fine as it is"

#lifegoeson

Bloody hell, Zelda fans moan about everything, icluding the precise placement of Link on the box!

"No in the centre"

"No it's fine as it is"

#lifegoeson

In fairness these fans have been waiting years for a re-re-re-release of OOT. If the placement is not quite right they won't fancajulate quite as hard.

I genuinely think it just looks like a sloppy, overly soft and washed out piece of fan art with an uninspiring and very obvious representation of Hyrule that lacks any style or imagination, and also uses a colour scheme which captures none of the feeling of the game whatsoever.

Edited by Shorty

I don't think anyone is moaning. People can have negative views on something without it being moaning (and I actually like the boxart). The boxart has just been released so of course it's going to be discussed and of course some will like it and some won't.

"No in the centre"

"No it's fine as it is"

#lifegoeson

I bet you can't wait to see how they feel disappointed in what the cartridge looks like and talks about how it should have improved.

Sorry, but I do think you've made it a lot worse. :p

Logo is now a bit puny in relation to the box size, middle of the image looks cluttered with the logo and Link, general emptiness on the left side of the box makes the whole composition imbalanced towards the right side in my eyes.

Oh dear, Link isn't quite placed left enough on the box! This is so ridiculous, it doesn't warrant seriousness. The game will kick ass, box art will always be subjective so there's no way they could please everyone.

3D video game characters are made of polygons, not pixels. The pixel height would be dependent on how far away he was from the screen, which is relative.

(lol)

Seriously guys, if it was up to some of you, we would all just come in here and nod and agree with your opinions. This is what message boards are for.

Oh dear, Link isn't quite placed left enough on the box! This is so ridiculous, it doesn't warrant seriousness. The game will kick ass, box art will always be subjective so there's no way they could please everyone.

Hey, if you're going to nitpick on the box art of all things, you could as well do it right. ;)

Regarding how bright the game appears to be before you get the Master Sword in this version of OOT. I dont have a problem with it atall I think of it as how happy and good the world of Hyrule is and how completly oblivious the people are to the coming threat.

If however the future Hyrule is as bright and cheery then I'll have a problem because i feel it should reflect the dark times the people are going through.

Exactly my thoughts. These areas have likely been redone for the future portion of the game, so I don't expect the same vibrancy. If that is the case, these screens are deliberately creating a stronger contrast and therefore this is an excellent design choice.

Seriously guys, if it was up to some of you, we would all just come in here and nod and agree with your opinions. This is what message boards are for.

The thing is, to some people it seems as if it'll make or break the game their world. :heh:

I like the colourful style and lighting, and I have no doubts that it will look fabulous in action. I really can't decide if I prefer the original look or the updated one since they both have their strengths. The original had a dull (not used negatively here), more realistic look, while especially the lighting of the updated visuals appear to create some lovely atmospheres.

To clarify my previous statements, I by no means mean that I think this new look, or even the game, is bad at all. Especially when in motion and in 3D :love: I think it will look absolutely amazing. Even if there is an area or two where I prefer the original, I'm sure there will be many many other things that this new rendition does better.