NEurope
Retro_Link

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS

I became adult link for the first time and Sheik told me to meet her at Karakiko village, but I can't find her. Where is she?

He doesn't say meet him there, rather you can't enter the Forest Temple until you get a certain item from the Graveyard in Kakariko.

Now I feel really bad that there is no Club Nintendo in Finland

Tell me about it, it's so stupid :( All these competitions and star point thingies...well sorry, not in Finland. And yet they still include the point cards in the game boxes! Talk about being total douchebags...

Nintendo Suomi, you suck ass.

Edited by Ville

I've gotten into the game again, after I'd stopped playing some time ago. Finished the Fire Temple yesterday, and just now I conquered the Water Temple. Incredible design.

Suprising how little I remember of the game. The last (and first) time I played OoT was when it came with the special edition of Wind Waker (Nintendo, give us a 3D remake, pleeeeaaaase...). Did the map of the overworld always show the areas where to go next, or where something can be done, or is it something new for the 3D version?

And here's a noob question: What to do with the Lon Lon farm when Link is adult? I woke up Talon in Kakariko Village, so what now? Going back to the farm didn't help. Talked to Malon, had a ride with Epona. Nothing new happened.

Did the map of the overworld always show the areas where to go next, or where something can be done, or is it something new for the 3D version?

Sorry, didn't even notice that in the 3DS version! :heh:

And here's a noob question: What to do with the Lon Lon farm when Link is adult? I woke up Talon in Kakariko Village, so what now? Going back to the farm didn't help. Talked to Malon, had a ride with Epona. Nothing new happened.

Have you actually "won" Epona yet? If not, climb on her and talk to the unpleasant bloke whilst on horseback (daytime). He'll challenge you to a race.

If you've done that, I'm not sure there is anything else to do.

Thanks :) Didn't know that you could talk to the guy while sitting on Epona.

I just remembered another question I had: How do you get bigger rupee bags? I still can only carry 099, but I think now is the time to get a larger one. But no idea know where...

Is there a lot to do while being a kid? Can I even to that? Turn into a kid again right now, or do I have to wait for the story to progress?

You can become a kid again after beating the forest temple

And the bigger ruppee bag I think you get from the gold skultula family after beating a number of gold spiders (can't remember how many)

You can become a kid again after beating the forest temple

And the bigger ruppee bag I think you get from the gold skultula family after beating a number of gold spiders (can't remember how many)

I completely forgot about the Gold Skulltula Family rewarding you along the way whilst playing it on the 3DS... couldn't find the large rupee bag anywhere... and when I finally got all the Skulltula's... I had to collect all the rewards at once! :p

Similarly, I didn't realize you'd get a reward in Twilight Princess for giving just one bug to the crazy bug lady, so I played through the entire game with the standard rupee bag.

So many unopened chests. :blank:

Just started playing this today. It's a great remaster, the aesthetic improvement is actually very noticeable and the whole thing plays as well as it did back in the day - even the gyro controls are interesting to use.

However, I think I might have played this game too much already. I'm enjoying it but the whole thing is just too familiar. Like I never get stuck and I know where a lot of stuff is...shame. Still, great game and an excellent remaster.

Now I must resist the temptation to buy Starfox 64 3D :heh:

This game has its issues - I'm constantly reaching to the 3D slider because the ghosting in this has to be seen to be believed (its amazing how much Nintendo... yes I count this Grezzo made game as a Nintendo game... have mastered clear 3D with Mario 3DL and MK 7), and there are some areas where the graphics haven't been polished up as much as other bits - but its OoT and its simply sumptuous in 3D.

Its not *that* long since I last played OoT... well ok, thinking about it, its been a few years which is the longest gap in my replays of it since it came out... which has attributed to me forgetting more than I should. Before I could play the first 3/4s of the game on complete cruise control and know where stuff is etc but this time round I'm straining to remember some of the finer points. This combination of nostalgia and the "its on the tip of my tongue" sensation I'm having with trying to remember hidden areas, plus the revamped graphical oomph is adding up to make for easily the freshed playthrough of OoT I've had since Christmas '98. :santa:

Graphics aside, the difference in frame rate is more astounding than I imagined it would be. Things animate so smoothly and at such pace now. :o I didn't even notice Skulltulas were pretty much dying in slo-mo back on the N64. :laughing: As with when I first played Mario 3DL and instinctively shook the 3DS to do his spin attack (oops), I've been dying to (but haven't succumbed to) shaking the 3DS when climbing vines and ladders! I have to admit that I also flicked the 3DS up in MK 7 to try and do a trick off a jump the first time I played it too. :blush: One mechanic that I feel would have been a great addition from Skyward Sword is the ability to walk around in first person mode.

Another niggle I have is that they could have mapped looking around/ Navi to up on the d-pad. It could even have been both there and on the touch screen because, imho, its more of a stretch to the top corner of the touch screen than it is down to the d-pad. And how weird is it trying to relearn the ocarina songs on the new button lay out? Then half way through trying to play a song I keep pressing b for c-down and exiting the ocarina altogether. :shakehead:

A few things I never noticed before:

- Ganondorf is galloping through sand and not flames!

- Talon/ Tarin/ Mario has a ponytail!

- What happens to the ocarina Saria gave you when you get the OoT?! I've never thought about that before. Does that gift mean so little to Link that he just throws it away (to rot in the moat!) as soon as he grabs the OoT off Zelda?

You sure about Ganondorf? I've always thought they were flames... maybe I just assumed and didn't look closely on the 3DS.

Yeah I wondering if they added that ponytail for the 3DS, because I couldn't remember it from before either.

You sure about Ganondorf? I've always thought they were flames... maybe I just assumed and didn't look closely on the 3DS.

It seemed to waft up like sand I thought. You should start a new file and verify. :grin:

Which Ganondorf bit are we talking about? If I recall correctly, there's a bit where he's described, a bit where he gallops off (after the first three dungeons) and a boss fight where he gallops towards you.

- What happens to the ocarina Saria gave you when you get the OoT?! I've never thought about that before. Does that gift mean so little to Link that he just throws it away (to rot in the moat!) as soon as he grabs the OoT off Zelda?

Yeah, he just used and abused Saria. Once he seen Zelda she always the main prize on his mind. :)

It seemed to waft up like sand I thought. You should start a new file and verify. :grin:
@10:15... I'm still none-the-wiser! :p

It of course says he's from the desert, but it still looks more like flames to me... until maybe nearer the end. Maybe the deserts on fire!

After watching that video, and noticing it does look like sand, I still think it's fire, based on the fact that I can hear it crepitate.

It's fire I'm sure... I think it's meant to represent the destruction he will bring on Hyrule if left unchecked

That's what I thought anyway

After watching that video, and noticing it does look like sand, I still think it's fire, based on the fact that I can hear it crepitate.

I never knew that word, but yeah, exactly this.

Sand in the desert = hot.

Fire = hot.

It can be seen both ways.

I personally think that it's sand mixed with fire to stress the fact that he comes from a place where it's scorching!

Thanks Fused. :heh:

I was falling asleep by the time I saw that cutscene of Ganondorf the other week, so that probably didn't help, lol. The cutscene after the Forest Temple (amazing how the music echoes around you, with or without headphones, on the 3DS), with the Deku sprout shows you two lines of flames as he tells of Links coming to the Kokiri. Its the same scene from earlier recycled, minus the 'dorf. Its definitely fire so we can disregard my earlier "whoa the 3DS just added extra clarity to OoT" moment. :laughing:

Are any of the Gorons missable in the Fire Temple? Theres a chest still on my map but I've finished the dungeon as I couldn't be bothered climbing back up for it. I figured it'll give me added incentive to return to and explore that level if/ when I go back with the scarecrows song. :indeed:

The gyro controls are actually really good. I wasn't expecting that to be the case. The only downside is it conflicts with the viewing angle of the 3D. Its handy to have a quick look around if you L-Target nothing and I did the arrow shooting gallery entirely with gyro aiming as it was so accurate. Nice!

Are any of the Gorons missable in the Fire Temple? Theres a chest still on my map but I've finished the dungeon as I couldn't be bothered climbing back up for it. I figured it'll give me added incentive to return to and explore that level if/ when I go back with the scarecrows song. :indeed:

No, I don't think so. That dungeon is notorious (in my mind, anyway) for the hidden rooms up high. It's one of my favourites - not necessarily the most fun, but one of the best designs because of the vertical scale. It really feels like you can keep climbing and climbing to find hidden rooms.