NEurope
Retro_Link

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS

Think I'll just have to agree to disagree here folks. I just think it shouldn't get perfect scores because the audio is crap for one.. We can't just give free passes because of a crazy metacritic score for the old title. It HAS to be stacked up to modern standards.

There's a lot in the game that's dated and it might scare modern gamers. I'll pick this game up when it goes a lot cheaper because at the moment I own OOT on the VC and that's good enough for me :)

Think I'll just have to agree to disagree here folks. I just think it shouldn't get perfect scores because the audio is crap for one.. We can't just give free passes because of a crazy metacritic score for the old title. It HAS to be stacked up to modern standards.

There's a lot in the game that's dated and it might scare modern gamers. I'll pick this game up when it goes a lot cheaper because at the moment I own OOT on the VC and that's good enough for me :)

Even by modern standards, it's pretty faultless. The graphics are the best on the 3DS, so they're modern, while the gameplay for Zelda games has remained pretty much the same after OoT, since it worked so well. In fact, I would say that the dungeons in new Zelda games are worse, particularly when you factor in annoying sections where you have to sail or turn into a wolf.

Anyway, the game is easily worth 10 because it is one of the best games of all time, graphical rehaul or not.

I personally didnt think the Water Temple needed any clues. Ive only played OoT once on the N64 when I was 10, If a 10 year old can work things out on the n64 then surely it can be completed with a little bit of thought.

Ive just read the review and agree. If the changes are subtle and it helps new players then I can just ignore them.

I didn't watch that whole vid just bits but i gotta say i am loving the look of this!

Love how they seem to be taking full advantage of the bottom screen.

:D:D:D

loving the videos!!

I bought Spirit Tracks this weekend as I needed some Zelda to play. It seems to be ok. I am also looking forward to downloading Links Awakening and hopefully in the future the Oracle games.

I am now eagerly awaiting June 17th!

I'm super excited for this! I haven't played OoT in years. Can't wait. :D

loving the videos!!

I bought Spirit Tracks this weekend as I needed some Zelda to play. It seems to be ok. I am also looking forward to downloading Links Awakening and hopefully in the future the Oracle games.

I am now eagerly awaiting June 17th!

Spirit tracks is fun but it isn't the best, the removal of an overworld to be traversed on foot/horseback is a hinderance in my view, Wind Waker was alright as it was in scale with the Link, but the DS versions are odd in the ships/trains, phantom hourglass isn't so bad it makes the world field huge sailing in a bigger ship finding islands, but spirit tracks linear paths really reduce the exploring.

Still a great game though

Pre-order bonuses announced for the UK.. disappointment hits as we realise we're not Greek :(

Those who pre-order the 3DS update at GAME or Gamestation before June 17 will receive a double-sided A2 poster and a special gold sleeve as part of the game packaging.

Yeah, you can't exactly complain over free gifts.

Does anyone know if they've fixed the Water Temple glitch? I still remember getting permanently stuck on one my playthroughs because I used a small key on the wrong door, forcing me to restart my game. I always remember to copy my save data when I get to the Water Temple.

I imagine it'll be similar to the limited edition sleeve they had with Brawl. A slip on cover.

All those extras for an extra ten quid??????????????? :rolleyes:

I'll stick with my £30 pre-order with shopto.

If it comes out at £39.99 I'll be very surprised!

Actually, scratch that, no I won't. But it doesn't really affect me, so.. :heh:

All those extras for an extra ten quid??????????????? :rolleyes:

I'll stick with my £30 pre-order with shopto.

They've mentioned on twitter that it's a temp price. Probably just drop to £32 - £35 though.

*sigh* really? that's it? i may pre-order it then at game for completeness sake, that and i have about £18 off in vouchers/points with them

Boo, if that price doesn't drop that will suck.

Does anyone know if the Greek version a) will work on a UK 3DS and b) contains an English language option? And I guess c) somewhere that you can order Greek games from to be sent to the UK? :p

I'd be tempted to order myself a Greek version as another copy for the stuff.

Edit: Nvm, apparently the game would work on a UK 3DS but all the preoder items are already gone.

Edited by Sheikah

Just stuck myself in a pre-order! :D

(with ShopTo, the GAME pre-order doesn't really interest me and it's still showing as £40)

Edited by Mike1988uk

These vids really brings back the memories of when I played Ocarina of Time on the Wind Waker Bonus disc :) Makes me want a 3DS now!

So I went and played this tonight (more than just the basic demo on touuuur). It was awesome.

Will do a full write up for the site later/in the morning but basic:

The water looks fine, all you hateers.

Graphics look great. Link's character model a million times better.

3D effect works well.

Gyro aiming very effective, just need to move your eyes/screen together so it doesn't get out of focus.

Very colourful.

Hyrule Town and Temple of Time look great.

And mooooore. Will have more thoughts lateeeeeeeeer. But seriously, it doesn't look/feel like a 13 year old game. It's like a proper remake.

Edited by Mr-Paul