NEurope
Retro_Link

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS

So I'd quite like the pre-order version of the game with the gold US box art, but all the nintendo press release says is it's available for European customers who pre-order. Does that mean any preorder? For instance Amazon?

So I went and played this tonight (more than just the basic demo on touuuur). It was awesome.

Will do a full write up for the site later/in the morning but basic:

The water looks fine, all you hateers.

Graphics look great. Link's character model a million times better.

3D effect works well.

Gyro aiming very effective, just need to move your eyes/screen together so it doesn't get out of focus.

Very colourful.

Hyrule Town and Temple of Time look great.

And mooooore. Will have more thoughts lateeeeeeeeer. But seriously, it doesn't look/feel like a 13 year old game. It's like a proper remake.

Said impressions, and a few words from an old timer in the shape of me, are here:

oothandsonmini.jpg

New trailer - so far only in Italian:

Shows precious few ingame scenes, but is infinitely more epic than the other one by virtues of the music alone. Now they have only to do an extended version with more actual ingame scenes.

With E3 around the corner, I'm sure they will provide at least one proper "hype-traler".

Edited by Burny

New trailer - so far only in Italian:

Shows precious view ingame scenes, but is infinitely more epic than the other one by virtues of the music alone. Now they have only to do an extended version with more actual ingame scenes.

With E3 around the corner, I'm sure they will provide at least one proper "hype-traler".

That's more like it! Totally epic!

That's more like it! Totally epic!

For those that dont know the trailer is on the Nintendo Channel, in English

New trailer is great, I love the use of the song of time at the start of it. Sounds immense.

Fuck's sake is that really it? Do we get it all folded up like that too? Worthless with all those creases on it.

If that's seriously all we get then it really isn't worth it. NoE have screwed up once again.

/extreme reaction.

[edit] Looking closer at the poster now... I'm calling it as fake. It looks like it's just been printed off a home printer.

The sleeve on the front of the case looks like the same amateur print job too.

For previous poster pre-order bonuses at GAME (Pokemon and Black Ops for example) we get the posters sent in seperately, in tubes, so they can be given out in good condition. If it's any different this time, it'll be because Nintendo have chosen to 'pack in' the poster with the game, leading to the folds. I sure hope not.

Still, expecting to get these in stock in a couple of weeks to look myself :awesome:

[edit] Looking closer at the poster now... I'm calling it as fake. It looks like it's just been printed off a home printer.

I'd have to agree. Does anyone know where the picture is supposed to come from? There's no rating on the box, the art is different to the one on the official site, and if it's supposed to be a review copy, NOE doesn't send out its review copies in boxes at all - they just put the cartridge loose in a jiffy bag (and they haven't sent out review copies of OOT3D yet anyway).

I'm pretty sure review copies haven't been sent out yet. Looks like someone has made a mock-up of what's to come.

Visually, looks pretty legit to me, particularly with the rupees in the box. I fail to see how you can tell it's home printed since the picture quality of the whole image is poor.

Fair enough about them not sending out review copies though, that's what makes it possible it's a fake.

Visually, looks pretty legit to me, particularly with the rupees in the box. I fail to see how you can tell it's home printed since the picture quality of the whole image is poor.

Fair enough about them not sending out review copies though, that's what makes it possible it's a fake.

That's the whole thing. I've dealt with fakes before and they always take images with low res cameras or make it blurry so you're unable to get the errors

that image has got to be fake

http://www.gamesradar.com/3ds/the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-3d/news/ocarina-of-time-3d-artwork-livens-up-slow-news-day/a-2011051915501631061/g-2010061610502183083

its posted here and in the comments someone asks for a High res version for "home use", that was three days ago, i'd bet that guy along with a display copy from a store, will be the origin of this fake

or someone thinking exactly the same

That's the whole thing. I've dealt with fakes before and they always take images with low res cameras or make it blurry so you're unable to get the errors

Fair enough then. But why would someone fake that? It's not exactly showing off anything special or previously unknown. There's sad people around I guess.

Where does this pre-order apply to?

I think I prefer that case, and I'll probably go pre-order from Amazon now, as I can get it for half price there, using previous trade-ins I have with them.

Where does this pre-order apply to?

I think I prefer that case, and I'll probably go pre-order from Amazon now, as I can get it for half price there, using previous trade-ins I have with them.

It's a Game and Gamestation Pre-Order bonus.