NEurope
Retro_Link

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS

I went an bought Pilotwings today as i had around £30 of reward points spare so i used £20.

anyway while talking to the manager at GAME on the Headrow Leeds......He said he'd been playing OoT in the back, they already have their stock in :( and he wouldn't sell me one early either

He's bullshitting you :D

I work at GAME and there's no chance of us getting shipments in this early.

We have, however, had the pre-order packs come in. Wanna see?

5787525883_9b428c2463.jpg

5788083776_d09db5cf98.jpg

Square-folded poster confirmed.

Interesting point to note people. We got POS leaflets in today mentioning that when you trade in any 2 3DS games, you could get LoZ: OOT3D for 99p.

Now, at the moment Puzzle Bobble 3DS is selling for £12.99 in GAME stores.. buy two of these for £25.98. Trade them both in in a couple of weeks. Get OOT plus the pre-order bonus for a grand total of £26.97.

And get reward points and all that good stuff. :D

I went an bought Pilotwings today as i had around £30 of reward points spare so i used £20.

That's interesting, I didn't know you could use more than £2.50 at once. If you can get more off instore, I might be able to save a fortune.

Thanks for that. Now, I'm probably being stupid, but does that mean the boxes don't have the cartridges in yet? I don't understand how they'd be sealed without the cartridges in.

Edited by Grazza

Yeah man. It makes zero sense to me either, they all have Nintendo seals on but no cartridge. The inside of the sleeve has the rupees on, and there's nothing in the cartridge hole.

I just don't understand why it has a Nintendo seal :heh:

Whoah! It's £29.99 on GAME's website now, so you can get all the preorder stuff for the same price.

Folded poster :| so much fail. Why couldn't they have them rolled up and sent in a separate box :(

At least the posters are bigger than I thought.

Ugh those creases :nono:

Surprised that so many people are getting hyped about a shiny box and let's face it a crappy poster. Considering the weight of the franchise, compared to other titles the "special edition" is pretty meh.

Yeah, it's not like the original Limited Edition where you got a golden cart that could quote parts of the Qur'an; no sacrilege, no sale.

That said it seems £30 is the best price going anyway.

I'm not talking about Zelda ya mook! I mean c'mon... Even Alan Wake a decent collectors edition; House of the Dead OVERKILL had one. But not Zelda?

Nintendo's never really been in the 'cloth map' business, at least as far as I remember. They tend to divvy out the sort of things you'd expect to see in special editions via Club Nintendo instead.

I'd say Alan Wake is one of the rare good examples, however much of a misnomer its Limited Edition might have been. Generally special editions are buyer's remorse in an oversized box.

I suppose there's always the chance Nintendo will pull out something good for Zelda's 25th anniversary, although that's either been and gone or still a ways off, depending on how you look at it. I imagine they'll say something about it at E3, even if it's as uninspiring as the Mario package.

I'll stick with Shop.to. I trust them more and much prefer the box art.

NGamer's twitter mentioned that the Health and Safety warnings (that were in Pilotwings and Nintendogs) also exist in this: every 30 minutes Navi warns you against playing too long.

Just pre-ordered with GAME now considering the £30 price now with them. I am not bothered the poster or anything but i can get an extra £1.50 to my GAME reward card for this which isn't a lot but it all adds up!

I have kept my pre-order with ShopTo just incase they lower their price in which case i would cancel my GAME one!

I'm all for the best offer money wise! :grin:

NGamer's twitter mentioned that the Health and Safety warnings (that were in Pilotwings and Nintendogs) also exist in this: every 30 minutes Navi warns you against playing too long.

Lol, well Navi can sod off! Is a warning at the start of the game and in the booklet not enough anymore!?

A game like Zelda is not really designed to be played in short bursts...

With this kind of nannying paranoia Nintendo are only feeding the already ridiculous level of worry over the 3DS making people ill/dizzy/blind/happy. I have a kind of epilepsy and am photosensitive (I can't look at strobe, sit too close to the tv or cinema screen etc) and after an initial adjustment period of a few hours play I have no problems with the 3D effect whatsoever! This rubbish is apparently among the top reasons why many Japanese are avoiding a purchase: http://nintendoeverything.com/65610/ :hmm:

It appears from the fully translated music interview that Mahito Yokota *was* initially redoing and modernising the midi voices for the soundtrack until Koji Kondo "upended the tea table" and insisted they remain as close as possible to the original. I'm rather ambivalent about that decision, but at least Yokota has improved the quality of the individual voices and optimised for the 3DS' pseudo-surround. Funnily enough, it actually sounds as if they've had a bit of headache trying to emulate the N64 sounds accurately!

If the music on the Star Fox teaser site is anything to go by, they have indeed improved the sound palette, while still retaining the character of the original. Odd.

*pictures*

Square-folded poster confirmed.

Interesting point to note people. We got POS leaflets in today mentioning that when you trade in any 2 3DS games, you could get LoZ: OOT3D for 99p.

Now, at the moment Puzzle Bobble 3DS is selling for £12.99 in GAME stores.. buy two of these for £25.98. Trade them both in in a couple of weeks. Get OOT plus the pre-order bonus for a grand total of £26.97.

And get reward points and all that good stuff. :D

I suspected he was, but i remember when MGS 3 was coming out CEX (computer exchange) in Leeds City Centre (when it was by BHS) they got stock in about 2 weeks early, and began selling it, then again they were notorious for stuff like that, they imported Pokemon games from the US and sold them months before they were released in europe.

but i digress it was the fact they got stock early that stuck in my mind, and i thought it was possibly they could have OoT

That's interesting, I didn't know you could use more than £2.50 at once. If you can get more off instore, I might be able to save a fortune.

Yeah you can use what your want, the website acts differently, it has only let me pay for 90% of the price with reward points before (it let me use £17.50 on a £19.99 game)

that is odd how the cartridges aren't in those boxes.....

Good old review copy (with no box or folded up poster, I might add). Played up to Kakariko Village so far, and caught all the cuccos for the lady.

Yeah you can use what your want, the website acts differently, it has only let me pay for 90% of the price with reward points before (it let me use £17.50 on a £19.99 game)

Yes, I was mistaken. I confused the fact that you have to use multiples of £2.50 with thinking that was the maximum. It was a nice surprise that you can use more.

that is odd how the cartridges aren't in those boxes.....

Considering we haven't seen the special case/tin yet, could it be that you get both game boxes - the normal and the special edition - the normal one having the cartridge in?

Yes, I was mistaken. I confused the fact that you have to use multiples of £2.50 with thinking that was the maximum. It was a nice surprise that you can use more.

Considering we haven't seen the special case/tin yet, could it be that you get both game boxes - the normal and the special edition - the normal one having the cartridge in?

Yup, that's how it works. You get the special edition sealed thingy and the normal game sealed thingy. So two boxes for one game. I guess you can choose which one to use.

Regarding my post about getting OoT for cheap: it's now an even better deal.

2 x £12.99 Puzzle Bobble - £25.98

99p for Zelda - £26.98

Puzzle Bobble currently has £2.50 worth of bonus points when you purchase it..

So minus the £5 worth of reward points

You can get OoT and the pre-order bonuses for £21.98.

So good, I bought my two copies of Puzzle Bobble today. :D

Aw, flipping heck, that's amazing. Are there meant to be posters about this instore? I went to both my GAMEs today, but didn't see this offer. I'm not doubting you one bit though.

Anyone here from Aus? could you please buy a few The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina Editions and post them over to the UK, will pay for postage and a little extra for your trouble

thanks

Whoah! It's £29.99 on GAME's website now, so you can get all the preorder stuff for the same price.

My point is that it was going to be £34.99 regardless of the preorder bonus if you bought it from GAME (or Gamestation).

Couldn't resist. ;) Their prices were never set in stone as £35.

The £5 difference was probably losing them sales, at least it's good they changed their price to match the rest.

Yup, that's how it works. You get the special edition sealed thingy and the normal game sealed thingy. So two boxes for one game. I guess you can choose which one to use.

Regarding my post about getting OoT for cheap: it's now an even better deal.

2 x £12.99 Puzzle Bobble - £25.98

99p for Zelda - £26.98

Puzzle Bobble currently has £2.50 worth of bonus points when you purchase it..

So minus the £5 worth of reward points

So good, I bought my two copies of Puzzle Bobble today.

I guess this is a physical trade-in?

Edited by Sheikah

Couldn't resist. ;) Their prices were never set in stone as £35.

My argument was valid at the time :heh: Which is why I said current price, not the price a week later, I never said it was set in stone :p

Your argument was that GAME were charging more money because of the preorder bonus which is clearly not what they're doing.

But at least everyone is happy now : peace:

I think it's odd they are giving out 2 boxes mind. Not that I'm complaining :laughing:.

My argument was that the extra £5 could be seen as the cost of preorder content, which you said couldn't be possible as the price of 3DS games was 'going to be' £35 (yet we now see they set prices to match demand).

Clearly this is no longer the case since preorder content blows so they would probably have been losing online sales.

If I worked at Game and someone came in to trade two copies of Puzzle Bobble, I'd tell them to sod off.

I would take advantage of the system but it's too much effort, after buying them plus the bus fare it's just cheaper to order from Amazon. I would ask at work what they're selling it at, but I'm sure it'll be £35-40.