NEurope
Retro_Link

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS

Yep - if he doesn't give it too you, you can't get it after that.

Does the shop in Goron City refuse to sell it?

I thought you were meant to use Hover Boots? They stop you bouncing when he plays the bongos, anyway. :heh:

The iron boots would be more logical in that sense.

Either way, I didn't need to use either. Some hardcore quickfire didn't leave time for any banging.

Does the shop in Goron City refuse to sell it?

The iron boots would be more logical in that sense.

Either way, I didn't need to use either. Some hardcore quickfire didn't leave time for any banging.

That's what she said :P

Up to the Water Temple myself. Finding it a bit more frustrating myself playing it on the 3DS than when I played it on the N64/GC, partly because of the controls. First attempt at the sub boss didn't go well but plentiful use of Din's Fire on the second time took care of it.

Anybody else having trouble with

Getting the scarecrow to appear in the fire temple? I try playing the song everywhere on both platforms and the bastard still won't appear

:(

Getting the scarecrow to appear in the fire temple? I try playing the song everywhere on both platforms and the bastard still won't appear

I found it a wee bit tricky too. I think it was mainly on the platform you appear on when you go through the room that the fire chases you. Jumping over to the one ahead where you see Navi go green didn't seem to really work.

Do you have to

Play the song for the scarecrow at Lake Hylia as an adult as well in order for it to work? If so, then it's just me being stupid. I've forgotten more abut this game than I was expecting which is a good thing I suppose!

Do you have to

Play the song for the scarecrow at Lake Hylia as an adult as well in order for it to work? If so, then it's just me being stupid. I've forgotten more abut this game than I was expecting which is a good thing I suppose!

Yeah, after you play it to them as a kid, you go back and play the same song to the Scarecrow there as an Adult to properly activate it.

Hello Has anyone got a e-mail yet from Nintendo Europe for the Zelda OOT 3D soundtrack?

I received an e-mail from Nintendo after registering OOT:3D. They say to allow for up to 8 weeks for delivery, probably due to the high demand for the soundtrack. If you received the same e-mail then all you need to do is wait.

If you registered the game before the problem was sorted out then I think you have to wait for Nintendo to contact you before you can be 100% sure your soundtrack is on it's way.

Got the old spin charge attack last night.

Nearly got my eyes poked out by the boobed fairy.

Does anyone else find it hard to do the roll after a long drop? Never had any trouble in the N64 version, but I end up hurting myself from a long fall almost every time

I was just about to come in here and ask about that. I've just completed the Fire Temple, but I have a section on my map that I haven't visited. Will have to go back and do this.

Edit. I'm guessing that gets me there? There's a whole sections on the top floor I haven't visited.

Edited by DinKnot

Edit. I'm guessing that gets me there? There's a whole sections on the top floor I haven't visited.

If my memory serves me right, yes.

If my memory serves me right, yes.

Yeah it does.

I totally forgot about what the Scarecrows do until I read it on here!

Just done the Biggoron Sword sidequest thing. Now I'm just starting the Water Temple.

Water Temple, you are still a gigantic bitch. The hints have really come in handy on my adventures so far at times when I've gotten lost or rushed through missing something.

Water Temple, you are still a gigantic bitch. The hints have really come in handy on my adventures so far at times when I've gotten lost or rushed through missing something.

I hate the water temple with all my soul!

I hate the water temple with all my soul!

Same here. I would've tolerated it if it weren't for Dark Link. That sucked out the fun for me.

Got through the "normal" quest last night. Was the scene with...

"]The Sages atop Death Mountain

In the original?

Plus, the whole time thing seems to be still messed up. Fine, you pimpsmack Ganondorf, but there's still seven years of pain. If I'm reading it right.

Yes it was in the original. 7 years of pain in the adult timeline or child timeline? In the child timeline Link warns Zelda when he returns as a child to prevent it from happening.

Plus, the whole time thing seems to be still messed up. Fine, you pimpsmack Ganondorf, but there's still seven years of pain. If I'm reading it right.

Yes and No:

1. After Link goes back in time at the end of OoT, he and Zelda are able to prove Gannondorf's plan. He is then executed by a different set of sages, as shown in the flashback scene in Twilight Princess.

2. The Adult Link timeline also continues, but as Link went back in time he essentially vanishes from history. This is why there is no hero when Gannondorf returns in the story in the opening of Wind Waker, and why Link in Wind Waker is said to not be a descendant of the Hero of Time.

While the overall "timeline" (if there is one for all the games) is a bit of a mess, it's rather clear as to how OoT/MM/TP and OoT/WW/PH/ST are linked.

Yes it was in the original. 7 years of pain in the adult timeline or child timeline? In the child timeline Link warns Zelda when he returns as a child to prevent it from happening.

Well the seven years inbetween. He only kills Ganondorf in his adult form, implying that he's still alive in the kid years. The only reason it took so long was that the Sages kept him "in hibernation" until he was old enough.

Zelda sent him back so he could enjoy "his childhood" but we all know that wouldn't look good in a year or two when he finally grew some pubes and looked different to the Kokiri.

Say Link did go back to Zelda to warn her, how? Warn her with what? In theory he hasn't got the other two sacred stones, he only has the Kokiri Emerald for curing the Deku Tree's indigestion. For Link it just seems one endless loop bless the little kid.

While the overall "timeline" (if there is one for all the games) is a bit of a mess, it's rather clear as to how OoT/MM/TP and OoT/WW/PH/ST are linked.

Based on this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda#Chronology

"At the time of its release, Four Swords for the Game Boy Advance was considered the oldest tale in the series' chronology, with Four Swords Adventures set sometime after its events. The Minish Cap precedes the two games, telling of the origins of villain Vaati and the creation of the Four Sword"

• Minish Cap
  • Four Swords
  • Four Swords Adventure
  • Skyward Sword [May be before the above]
  • Ocarina of Time
  • [Timeline raped 1-2-3]
  • Link To The Past
  • Link's Awakening
  • Legend of Zelda
  • Adventure of Link

1. Majora's Mask
    Twilight Princess
  2. Wind Waker
    Phantom Hourglass
    Spirit Tracks
  3. Oracle of Ages/Seasons

Well the seven years inbetween. He only kills Ganondorf in his adult form, implying that he's still alive in the kid years. The only reason it took so long was that the Sages kept him "in hibernation" until he was old enough.

Zelda sent him back so he could enjoy "his childhood" but we all know that wouldn't look good in a year or two when he finally grew some pubes and looked different to the Kokiri.

Say Link did go back to Zelda to warn her, how? Warn her with what? In theory he hasn't got the other two sacred stones, he only has the Kokiri Emerald for curing the Deku Tree's indigestion. For Link it just seems one endless lo

He doesn't kill Ganondorf, he only gets sealed in both timelines. We know Link warned Zelda and Ganondorf and his plans ended up getting exposed. Also Link, Zelda and Ganondorf all had a piece of the Triforce at the end in child timeline, so no doubt that would be something.

EDIT - It went like this: Link went back, warned Zelda and they left Ganondorf alone until he done something 'outrageous', then he got sentenced to be executed.

Edited by ShadowV7

Fishing in this game sucks.

And dark Link was way easier than people claim him to be. He just kept slashing at me and I slashed back. Took me a minute at most.

EDIT - It went like this: Link went back, warned Zelda and they left Ganondorf alone until he done something 'outrageous', then he got sentenced to be executed.

I thought that after defeating him in the future, Link went back and warned Zelda who then told the King of Hyrule, and thus Ganondorf was sentenced to death (seen in TP) for treason.

Then by the "divine prank" during the execution, everything in TP followed.

Edited by jonno394

I thought that after defeating him in the future, Link went back and warned Zelda who then told the King of Hyrule, and thus he was sentenced to his death (seen in TP) for treason.

Then by the "divine prank" during the execution, everything in TP followed.

Nay, what it was assumed at first though. Zelda couldn't convince the King the first time round about Ganondorf was evil, doubt it would be the same when Link went back. But after TP was released Aonuma said that Link and Zelda waited until Ganondorf done something, then he got sentenced and the cut scene of his imprisonment was set years after OoT.

Until I read it in an interview i'll take all that with a pinch of "fan theory" lol.