N-Europe

EZA Game Sleuth (GT Pop Fiction)

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That explanations all well and good, but it doesn't really reveal what the original unlockables were, other than perhaps the new move.

I doubt they were thinking about an unlockable character for Banjo Tooie's multiplayer, whilst creating the first game. And the Nut's & Bolts stuff isn't relevant either.

Maybe they had absolutely no clue what the eggs and Key were going to unlock when they created Banjo Kazooie, but I'd find that a bit strange.

Only problem is that we Nintendo fans without an Xbox feel pretty left out. ¬_¬

You didn't miss anything other than an Xbox gamerpic and theme. The other unlockables were already unlockable in the original Banjo-Tooie and you had the codes to grab the eggs and ice key in Banjo-Kazooie (although it took ages to enter them).

Well, you did miss out on the brilliant ports of BK, BT and PD (much better than a Virtual Console release).

That explanations all well and good, but it doesn't really reveal what the original unlockables were, other than perhaps the new move.

I doubt they were thinking about an unlockable character for Banjo Tooie's multiplayer, whilst creating the first game.

The unlockables (Jinjo in multiplayer, extra move and dragon Kazooie) were in Banjo-Tooie: You could find the two eggs and ice key in the original Banjo-Tooie to unlock them.

I would presume that everything that was planned for the other eggs were simply implemented into the main game.

• 1 month later...
They probably just changed it because it sounded horrible

The video fails to mention they also changed the Turkish moon that appeared in the Mirror Shield and blocks in the Spirit Temple.

It was definitely done because of religious controversy, I'm guessing they had those versions ready to go in case the inevitable happened.

Either that, or they cheated on the dates on the cartridge :heh:

They probably just changed it because it sounded horrible

Granted, it might get annoying in the long run, but I actually think it adds to the atmosphere of the temple.

Anyway, I found that they ran just a wee bit fast through the info for me to properly keep up with it. They needed to tell a number of important details, but had to keep in within a narrow time frame, it seems.

Not the most interest myth, but still interesting. I love this series.

So they're saying that Nintendo knew about all the other bugs/glitches, had already fixed them prior to release but decided to release the buggy versions anyway?

It sounds more likely that the debug dates are simply not accurate.

So they're saying that Nintendo knew about all the other bugs/glitches, had already fixed them prior to release but decided to release the buggy versions anyway?

It sounds more likely that the debug dates are simply not accurate.

Where did they say that?

Where did they say that?

They didn't specifically mentioned it, but they're claiming that all the versions they tested were made quite a bit before the game was released.

The earlier versions contain quite a few bugs and glitches, so it seems strange that Nintendo fixed them all yet decided to not use the fixes for ages.

Did they actually fix the bugs, I don't really follow.

In later versions, the bugs were fixed. However, Gametrailers are claiming that the versions with the fixed bugs (and non-chanting music) were completed quite a while before the game was even released. Which just makes no sense (just like having both versions of music done before release).

It just makes more sense that the dates in the cartridges are simply wrong.

In later versions, the bugs were fixed. However, Gametrailers are claiming that the versions with the fixed bugs (and non-chanting music) were completed quite a while before the game was even released. Which just makes no sense (just like having both versions of music done before release).

It just makes more sense that the dates in the cartridges are simply wrong.

Or that they had all the cartridges ready to ship and didn't want to have to make a bunch of new ones for the launch date.

you'd like to think there are plenty of other oddities out there but mayhaps not :sad:

There are hundreds of things in OoT alone. Every one is a thousand times more interesting than "why did they change the music?..well, there's one speculated reason...we've just proven that reason wrong...so we're left with the same question we had originally".

I'd love to have one about the missing dungeons in Wind Waker and OOT. Very interested in where exactly they were supposed to be..

Isn't one in OoT near one of the villiages (kariko sp) theres like a row of bamboo/reeds that you can see into the distance...but not get there...be interesting to see if there is still stuff on the cart from that.

I'd love to have one about the missing dungeons in Wind Waker and OOT. Very interested in where exactly they were supposed to be..

Pretty sure the temple of time was supposed to be have a dungeon in the back there, as opposed to you know, just grabbing the master sword.

What about that entrance at the top of the windmill? And that odd cave at the bottom of Zora's Domain? Speaking of which, it never defrosted in the Adult world, which is probably related.

OoT had a ton of things cut from it. It's just that nobody has the answers, unfortunately.