Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

I'm trapped in Krakow!

flameboy

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol! It's because of the crazy volcanic ash meaning all the flights are cancelled... Meant to be back at work on monday but thats not going to happen. Thankfully we have 2 training days its when wednesday hits and the students are back and there is no one to cover my lessons.

It's out of your hands as to when you can return though as isn't this being pinned down to an act of God? Are you being put up out there and looked after? I've read stories about holidaymakers roaming the streets as they've been thrown out of their hotels as their booked time is over... yet the people who are supposed to come in can't get there for the same reason they can't leave.

It's a bit of a mess. I say try and enjoy the extended wait.

Falmeboy, see if you can find out about bus and ferry service... I know there's a bus service from Krakow to Dublin and uses ferries, They must pass through England too... would be a hell of a journey but might get you back if this mess keeps up.

I'm just back from work, nightmare trying to things out for people.

I'm in a hostel at the moment paying my own way. after tomorrow night we have no where to stay so dunno what will do... dont have travel insurance so thats not happening...we r looking into training it paris or brussels to get eurostar...or amsterdam and then ferry. my girlfriend who does law says acts of god so to speak don't count for claiming back...but im keeping my reciepts just in case.

I'm in a hostel at the moment paying my own way. after tomorrow night we have no where to stay so dunno what will do... dont have travel insurance so thats not happening...we r looking into training it paris or brussels to get eurostar...or amsterdam and then ferry. my girlfriend who does law says acts of god so to speak don't count for claiming back...but im keeping my reciepts just in case.

Just to warn you, Eurostar is pretty much fully booked. Don't think you can get on it. =/

They even say on their site:

"We are doing everything we can by adding extra trains to help passengers who are experiencing problems as a result of the disruption to air travel in Europe but inevitably our trains are extremely busy over the weekend.

We would ask that you only come to our stations if you hold a confirmed reservation for travel."

You could try a ferry (there's one in Belgium too, in Oostende), but I think those are verrrry expensive.

Just to warn you, Eurostar is pretty much fully booked. Don't think you can get on it. =/

They even say on their site:

"We are doing everything we can by adding extra trains to help passengers who are experiencing problems as a result of the disruption to air travel in Europe but inevitably our trains are extremely busy over the weekend.

We would ask that you only come to our stations if you hold a confirmed reservation for travel."

You could try a ferry (there's one in Belgium too, in Oostende), but I think those are verrrry expensive.

I was just about to say that it would be difficult to get on to the Eurostar. Maybe if he rang up first he could guarantee himself a seat for him and his girlfriend? Like the helpline I rang last time.

Hope you can find a way to get home, dude.

I was just about to say that it would be difficult to get on to the Eurostar. Maybe if he rang up first he could guarantee himself a seat for him and his girlfriend? Like the helpline I rang last time.

Hope you can find a way to get home, dude.

Seeing as there's tons of people right there trying to get on, I don't think giving them a phonecall will help at all.

Seeing as there's tons of people right there trying to get on, I don't think giving them a phonecall will help at all.

I mean he could ring up to see if they can guarantee/keep/see if any seats will be free.(as unlikely as it is) It might be better than him travelling all the way there, which could end up just wasting his time and spending money.

If it were to rain would that clear the ash cloud from the sky? What about some sort of cloud seeding method the Chinese used round the Olympics to clean their air?

Though the rain water coming down would likely blacken everything?

If it were to rain would that clear the ash cloud from the sky? What about some sort of cloud seeding method the Chinese used round the Olympics to clean their air?

Though the rain water coming down would likely blacken everything?

I think the ash cloud is a bit higher than the average altitude of rain clouds

Im stuck in England! lol yeah its my "home" but im supposed to be going back to canada to my other half.

My flight was supposed to be thursday at 3 but it was moved till sunday at 12 but now its next thursday and i dont even think thats gonna happen.

This is madness.

The chaos might continue for longtime flameboy. :sad:

Geologists have no idea when it will stop. An eruption in Iceland in 1973 lasted five months and 10 days.

The ash from the Eyjafjallajokull volcano is dangerous to planes because the molten rock erupts through the glacier, solidifies and then shatters into tiny fragments. The smallest are carried high into the atmosphere and cannot be detected by radar or other aircraft instruments.

new_airports_map.jpg

Edited by Dante

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!