Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Android Thread

david.dakota

Are they updating to the same version, maybe Gingerbread one is just updating with some bug fixes, maybe the latest update isn't useful for ICS since it doesn't have google now, so therefore no update. That's all I can think of, I could update fine on my nexus 7 and desire s but they are both using JellyBean.

• 2 weeks later...

anybody had any issues with the S3 since the jellybean update?

first when i checked my tracks the listings were all duplicated

then today the messaging app wouldn't open, it crashed constantly and wouldn't receive messages

so currently i'm sat on hour 3 of a back up restore! terribly slow at restoring the phone

Updated my Nexus 7 to 4.2. Everything seems to run smoother, but I may be imagining it. Really like the clock update as odd as that may sound (they added a countdown and timer clocks).

Looks like the Nexus S won't be getting 4.2 so looks like it won't be receiving major updates anymore. :(

Does anyone know if its possible on the stock android keyboard to have the numbers run along the top of the qwerty line so you can long hold them to select them rather than pressing the number key to select numbers. On android 4.2

I have it on my phone and tablet - it has the numbers there on the phone but not the tablet.

So. Who has a Nexus 7 on here? Thinking of picking one up in the next couple days in the Comet administration sales. It good? Do I need one? Hows the Android app store these days? Is the screen big enough? Any bad points?

It's very good. I have it and I can't think of any bad points. I chose it because it has been reviewed as the best in its price range.

7 inch is good, app store is decent but could be better. Has most of the important stuff on iOS anyway.

@Dan Dare does.

How much are they in the sale?

£158 for the 16GB at Carphone warehouse. Easily worth it, and I think you still get £10 credit on the store.