Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

3DS Console Discussion

Dante

If she has a horrid body it will be such a waste of time.

Anyway, the 3DS is pretty good huh?

Her legs are pretty meh, they have been ruined by terrible tattoo's..

And yeah to keep this on topic I'm pretty enjoying the little thing. About to try and collect some play coins on my walk to the shop.

So i've had my 3DS on around 10 this morning, never turned it off and it started the red battery light came on at 3pm. Not to bad.

This included 4/5 brightness, wireless on all the time, 3D on for the vast majority of time and included a light session of AR cards and a lot of Samurai Warriors(3D always on) and Street Fighter(including online matches and 50/50 with 3D I reckon)

I'm happy with that.

EDIT- And that's constant playing aside from 5 minutes of eating. No eye problems/strain/headaches at all.

Edited by ShadowV7

So i've had my 3DS on around 10 this morning, never turned it off and it started the red battery light came on at 3pm. Not to bad.

This included 4/5 brightness, wireless on all the time, 3D on for the vast majority of time and included a light session of AR cards and a lot of Samurai Warriors(3D always on) and Street Fighter(including online matches and 50/50 with 3D I reckon)

I'm happy with that.

EDIT- And that's constant playing aside from 5 minutes of eating. No eye problems/strain/headaches at all.

My eyes also arent getting strain, but when I look at a normal screen for about 30 mins after playing, my eyes are a bit wonky :p

I caved and bought one, traded in some stuff so got it pretty cheap in the end.

Has anyone else played a normal DS game on it? Cause I just loaded up Pokemon White and it looks pretty poor in comparison to my DS Lite - just a bit blurry, rather disappointed in that!

Has anyone else played a normal DS game on it? Cause I just loaded up Pokemon White and it looks pretty poor in comparison to my DS Lite - just a bit blurry, rather disappointed in that!

I hadn't considered that. The bottom screen is the same as on the DSi isn't it? I know that the top one isn't the same resolution, so what exactly does it do? Is it just stretched or something?

I hadn't considered that. The bottom screen is the same as on the DSi isn't it? I know that the top one isn't the same resolution, so what exactly does it do? Is it just stretched or something?

Both screens are 240 pixels in height. Bottom screen 320x240, Top screen 400x240. They keep the same aspect ratio so there's black bars around the top. So the resizing doesnt look like ass, they added a blur filter which looks like ass, You can remove it by holding Start & Select when loading a game and it'll display them in a 256x192 box on each screen

Both screens are 240 pixels in height. Bottom screen 320x240, Top screen 400x240. They keep the same aspect ratio so there's black bars around the top. So the resizing doesnt look like ass, they added a blur filter which looks like ass, You can remove it by holding Start & Select when loading a game and it'll display them in a 256x192 box on each screen

Ah, why did they have to add that shitty blur filter? I'd rather just play it upscaled without - would look loads better, instead if you want it to look any good you have to play it on a tiny screen :nono:

I must say, I'm a little disappointed in the build quality of the 3DS. Hinge rubs on the end sections and and the top screen area wobbles even when clicked into the first position. Feels very fragile, like it could break very easily. Circle pad seems to grind, making for a less than smooth movement of the pad, and the d-pad and face buttons have that anti-finger print stuff on them making them sticky and harder to use, as you can't really slide over the face buttons to initiate a drift in Ridge Racer as you could on the DS version and similarly with combos in Street Fighter.

All these things played on my mind when I left for Uni this morning and genuinely made me regret in some way getting the thing. However, having gotten home and played more with the console, some of the issues are simply things which will take time getting used to as it is very different from the DS lite but some will continue to annoy me.

I must say, I'm a little disappointed in the build quality of the 3DS. Hinge rubs on the end sections and and the top screen area wobbles even when clicked into the first position. Feels very fragile, like it could break very easily. Circle pad seems to grind, making for a less than smooth movement of the pad, and the d-pad and face buttons have that anti-finger print stuff on them making them sticky and harder to use, as you can't really slide over the face buttons to initiate a drift in Ridge Racer as you could on the DS version and similarly with combos in Street Fighter.

All these things played on my mind when I left for Uni this morning and genuinely made me regret in some way getting the thing. However, having gotten home and played more with the console, some of the issues are simply things which will take time getting used to as it is very different from the DS lite but some will continue to annoy me.

Really? I thought they were sturdy things, never noticed it wobble or anything and thought the circle pad was really smooth to use.

Destructiod

The colours looked horribly washed out

ugh.

Cause of power saving mode? Colors went kinda down when I tried it out earlier.

Question about the AR cards... do I have to go through the shoot the dragon thing EVERY TIME I wanna get my AR Mii out or use the character cards?

EDIT:

Never mind figured it out. :heh:

What do you need to do to unlock the two boxes on the left?

Edited by Mokong

I just got an email from Tesco Direct saying because I preordered from them (during the whole £157 fiasco) I get a game for £25 off, pretty good considering I never actually bought anything from them!

Not a great list to choose from but went for Splinter Cell, which will probably be crap but can always sell on if so.

Also what are the coins all about and can you only earn them by walking?

I caved in. Bought the console and the resort game. The 3ds looks sooo awesome. Can't wait to try it out. do I have to wait until it's fully charged before I play it?

Isn't it about $450 in Norway :o I thought it was bad here in Switzerland at $350.

And no, you don't have to charge fully before playing.

Mine finally turned up about an hour ago, and aside from a quick blast on Monkeyball have just been messing about with the inbuilt software. Face Raiders is awesome, although I don't think my girlfriend is too happy about me shooting her down before she can kiss me :). Loving the 3D business, although I can't have it turned up full, as it hurts my eyes.

Isn't it about $450 in Norway :o I thought it was bad here in Switzerland at $350.

And no, you don't have to charge fully before playing.

Just asking because you were supposed to do that with the original ds. I don't want to damage the battery.

It cost me $359 or £227. It's high, but I think it will be a very long time before it get's cheaper. Definitively not this year. I know some stores are charging up to $413, and I wouldn't be surprised if I went down to GAME and had to pay $450. They have never been the price setter.