NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Only noticed this morning the new update made some changes to the Web Browser.... just a cosmetic change, the loading bar moved to top of top screen with the "loading squares" things. Didn't notice any performance improvement though :( ... but I only used it to check here while in bed so wasn't using it long
I thought there was something different about the browser! :hehe:

The only other cosmetic change I noticed since the update is the eShop logo:

Before

eshop.jpg

After

They changed it to the new (and much nicer) font. :)

Further to my post in the 3ds eShop thread (basically lots of buying haha), I have just noticed that my SD card does not have a huge number of blocks left.

It says I have a couple of thousand left (around 3000 something). I'm looking to buy RE: Revelations but this is probably gonna push it to full.

Anyone got any hot deals on SD cards for the 3ds at all?! Cheers!

Well a quick look on Hukd gives you quite a few results. 32gb should be enough, do you mind what class the SD Card is?

I use to have a class 8 16gb SD Card and saw no difference in speed (start-up or data transfer) compared to my current class 4 32gb card.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/search?action=search&keywords=32gb+sd+card

Some of those Class 10's are well priced.

Here's the SD Card I'm using at the moment.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-SDSDB-032G-B35-32GB-Class-Memory/dp/B002G12OBO/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1364567118&sr=1-1

Megaton

Shin Megami Tensei Returns

The Mature-themed Role Playing Game Franchise Is Back After a Decade With

Shin Megami Tensei IV

IRVINE, Calif. – April 2, 2013 – It’s been nearly ten years since the last chapter closed in the original Shin Megami Tensei® role playing game (RPG) series, but the long wait is nearly over. Developed by the award-winning ATLUS team, Shin Megami Tensei IV (SMTIV) features powerful new demons, expansive dungeons, epic story arcs with branching plot lines, game-altering decision making, and more. Built specifically for the Nintendo 3DS™ system with optimized graphics, 3-D dungeons, voiced dialogue, and StreetPass functionality, SMTIV will be a premium title available this summer.

Building on the styles of ATLUS’ Persona, Devil Summoner, and Devil Survivor titles, SMTIV is the first true successor to 2004’s Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. The story of SMTIV revolves around the Samurai, the sacred protectors of the Eastern Kingdom of Mikado. As a newly appointed Samurai, players will struggle with factions that have nefarious designs on the world as they defend their home kingdom from a growing army of demons. Decisions players make throughout the course of the story will have lasting repercussions, as the fate of the world hangs in the balance.

Shin Megami Tensei IV blends familiar features from previous SMT games with all-new features that take advantage of the Nintendo 3DS system, including:

• A World to Discover, A Mystery to Uncover – The life of a Samurai is fraught with peril. Players must leave the safety of the kingdom in order to defend it from the invading demons. There the story unfolds as they become involved in a fierce battle between God and demons.

• Demon Collection and Fusion – The core mechanic of the Shin Megami Tensei series returns with more than 400 demons to recruit, collect, and fuse together. Players will constantly be challenged with balancing the strengths of their demons to ultimately excel in battle.

• Choices and Consequences – Throughout the player’s journey, they must choose their own path. The choices will affect them, other NPCs, and the overall outcome of the story. Branching story paths require careful consideration since the fates of the Eastern Kingdom of Mikado and the rest of the world hang in the balance.

• Pressing the Combat Advantage – The Press Turn system requires strategic thinking for every battle. Pinpointing an enemy’s weakness will provide a vital extra turn for players to exploit. But there are dangers as well…reckless attacks against demons cause players to lose their turns and give the enemy an opening to strike back.

“The return of the legendary Shin Megami Tensei series is one of the biggest milestones yet for ATLUS and the 3DS,” said Naoto Hiraoka, president and chief executive officer, Index Digital Media, Inc. “Since this is the first title from the original SMT series in a decade, we tapped the best developers from many of ATLUS’ acclaimed projects including Nocturne, Strange Journey, Persona, and Soul Hackers to create a premium experience that lives up to our fans’ and our own expectations.”

Shin Megami Tensei IV will be exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS system and sold as a premium title beginning this summer. The game is expected to receive an M rating from the ESRB, but is not yet rated. More details will be revealed in the future, with updates on the official SMTIV website at http://www.atlus.com/smt4.

via http://www.japanator.com/shin-megami...er-28374.phtml

I guess we will get in Europe in 2 years.

I guess we will get in Europe in 2 years.

And when it finally arrives, it'll come packaged with some gamebreaking bugs...

It will be released in two years and it will crash every time you try to recruit a demon.

I think there's a thread for the game, by the way.

Atlus should just put Soul Hackers and this game on the Eshop.

This confirmed US release means I really am going to just have to get a US 3DS

BOOM!

Advance Wars mentioned :D

The 3DS has yet to see a new game in the Advance Wars series. In fact, there hasn’t been an entry since Days of Ruin’s release in 2008.

Although there haven’t been any new Advance Wars developments in a few years, there still is quite a bit of interest in the franchise.

In the Fire Emblem: Awakening 8-4 interview published today, Nintendo director Genki Yokota said:

“Well, whether it’s Fire Emblem or the Advance Wars, we never want to put an end to any series we’re involved with. We always want to make games that provide a lot of fun to gamers, so if we have the chance, we’d certainly like to make another [Advance Wars] title.”

New new firmware update is out, fixes bugs caused by the last update.

My L button feels like it is starting to stick a bit, anyone know how to clean it? Can't see anything making it stick though. :/

My L button feels like it is starting to stick a bit, anyone know how to clean it? Can't see anything making it stick though. :/

This person has the same problem as you:

http://techforums.nintendo.com/message/73981

But for your exact question here's how to clean it (which was also in the link above):

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/assets/js/doc_frame.jsp?f=/systems/3ds/en_na/includes/ctr-ht-sys-buttons-clean.jsp&l=

I was looking around for this too as my Wii U GamePad R button is VERY sticky.

How does it become sticky?

Do you just eat greasy food with your hands then manhandle your gamepad/3DS?

I normally take excellent care of all my possessions, regardless of value.

This time however, my little sister was using the GamePad and some drops of juice may have come into contact with the button.

I only noticed the 'stickiness' recently and upon further inspection I was able to see some residue around the button to confirm my assumptions.

Has anyone else noticed certain games running smoother after that last update?

Some people here have...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=538221

I went back to some other games and lo and behold, it seems to be true! Bit Trip Runner (in Bit Trip Saga) now runs at a rock solid 60FPS in 2D mode! :D (framerate still takes a nose dive in 3D though) and almost all the slowdown in RE Revelations seems to be gone now, based on a quick runthrough of several stages in Raid Mode (I played through it again recently just before the update hit and certain places like the laser beam room with the virus water and the Promenade deck no longer slowdown! :) - though the loading hitches are still there)

Kinda annoyed that I didn't wait a bit longer to replay it now :laughing:

The Sonic Transformed demo also seems to run smoother now too (though still with loading hitches and the dodgy looking victory screen).

Anyone else noticed any improvements in older games?

Edit: Looks like RE: Mercenaries got a boost as well :)

Edited by Dcubed

Haven't noticed any changes in games, but my 3DS now boots up noticeably quicker. My 3DS was a bit sluggish off the start, not anymore.

Fire Emblem Awakening StreetPass puzzle available today!

I'm actually only saying this because I want someone to say "Oh cool, I didn't know!" and not "You moron, that was released ages ago."

Oh cool, I didn't know!

...although I'm behind with my Puzzles as it is!

Since I rarely take my 3DS out with me anywhere, let alone then deliberately leave it on in StreetPass mode, I've only completed a handful of the puzzles and still haven't even managed one round of the Quest.

I fear I'm forever doomed to have lots of uncompleted puzzles - I don't care about the hats from the other mode but the dioramas are nice to look at.

Does anyone know if a 3DS XL case exists with space to accomodate a few games and the circle pad pro XL? I'm not down with carrying the thing loose in my bag and my current case won't fit both without exploding at the seams.

Hell, a case for the Circle Pad Pro on it's own would actually be fine.