NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

18 April, 2013 – Nintendo and GAME are joining forces on 20th April to launch Multiplayer Mayhem, a unique Nintendo 3DS event that will take place simultaneously across 15 GAME stores up and down the UK. Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS XL owners can bring their consoles into participating stores and take part in unique multiplayer tournaments, try new unreleased games, and grab unique Nintendo goodie bags.

Head down to GAME to get hands on with the latest title for Nintendo 3DS, LEGO CITY Undercover: The Chase Begins a full six days before its launch on 26th April! Discover Chase McCain’s back story in this hilarious, action-packed new game in a world with over 50 vehicles, and 70 minifigures to unlock and collect. Offering innovative use of the Nintendo 3DS system’s motion controls, the prequel to Wii U exclusive LEGO CITY Undercover offers a laugh-a-minute as it puts all the action of LEGO CITY into the palm of your hand.

For those with a real competitive streak, there’s the opportunity to compete in a number of unique multiplayer challenges and competitions across popular Nintendo 3DS titles.

Multiplayer challenges available on the day include:

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate – Team up with three other players to track and hunt ferocious monsters in this epic action RPG.

Luigi’s Mansion 2 – Finally stepping out of his brother’s shadow, Luigi takes centre stage in this spooktacular adventure. Up to four players will be challenged to head up the Thrill Tower sucking up ghosts as they go.

Gamers will also be able to take part in demos of the latest Nintendo 3DS games, including Fire Emblem: Awakening. Those new to the franchise will be able to get one to one trials to help them get the most out of this unique game while Fire Emblem fans will be able to team up and get hands on with the ‘Double Duel’ mode. Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow - Mirror Of Fate will also be available for fans of the classic Konami action franchise as well as Nintendo eShop titles Splash or Crash and HarmoKnight.

If you already own a Nintendo 3DS then make sure you bring your console to the event to increase your StreetPass hits – and on top of that, Nintendo reps will be on hand to show you how to join the bustling Mario Kart 7 communities and give you details on how you can compete in regularly held competitions and events for Mario Kart 7.

The Nintendo and GAME Multiplayer Mayhem events will be taking place across 15 GAME stores up and down the UK on 20th April. Each event will feature exclusive Nintendo 3DS multiplayer competitions and demos of the latest Nintendo 3DS games and Nintendo goodies.

Participating GAME stores include:

•Westfield Stratford

•Birmingham Bullring

•Trafford Centre

•Meadowhall

•Reading Oracle

•Coventry

•Braehead

•Metro Centre (Red Pathway)

•Bristol Cribbs Causeway

•Lakeside (Shopping Centre)

•Cardiff St Davids

•Merry Hill

•Nottingham Victoria

•Leeds Headrow

•Maidstone

If anyone is in London and coming to this let me know, I work in the shop opposite in Stratford and will be all over this on my lunch time! :D

Ehh, I've got the day off tomorrow so I might head down to Stratford (I live only around 15 mins away anyway :) )

So was in the city today and Oisín fell sleep in the car on the way there so when we got to the car park I stayed in the car with him and Joy went and did her shopping.

Had me 3DS with me and when I opened it I noticed it oddly displayed "Internet" in top left corner instead of "Streetpass" and then I got a message saying the Nintendo Zone app had installed. :)

Didn't think Nintendo were gonna roll this out in Ireland... and if they did I expected it wouldn't get outside Dublin but looks like it has :D

What does this thing do?

I tried to use it but lost the signal (was in a basement car park) and it kept saying it couldn't connect to access point, so just turned on MH3U and played that.

Wonder where the AP is set up? Probably at the Gamestop I guess? Didn't get a chance to get out and look, Oisín didn't wake up so when Joy came back we just went home.

Also at home now is it normal that the app appears to be trying to still connect to a Nintendo Zone? The Icon on the home menu keeps pulsing blue but when I turn it on it says it can't find an AP so I guess it only works with a Nintendo Zone AP and not with my home internet?

I guess it only works with a Nintendo Zone AP and not with my home internet?
That's right, yeah.

There is a way to access the Nintendo Zone on your home internet, but it involves messing with your wi-fi and disabling the security on it. So not really worth the hassle. :hehe:

That's right, yeah.

There is a way to access the Nintendo Zone on your home internet, but it involves messing with your wi-fi and disabling the security on it. So not really worth the hassle. :hehe:

Besides, there's nothing of value on there anyway :laughing:

This is definitely nice to see. Japanese 3DS owners for now though.

"Japanese 3DS owners can now share to their heart's delight by posting in-game screens shots from Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Tomodachi Collection to Twitter and Tumblr."

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/04/japanese_3ds_owners_can_now_post_images_directly_to_social_networks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The year of 3DS

Roger Langford- 3DS product manager

“Our aim is obviously to upgrade as many DS owners as possible and with our strongest ever software line up and with games which appeal to all of our different audiences, this year really is the year of 3DS

The 2013 software line-up is the strongest we’ve ever had and combined with a diverse back-catalogue that includes both Nintendo favourites like Mario, Professor Layton and Zelda as well as titles like Kid Icarus and Heroes of Ruin or New Style Boutique, there really is something for everyone.” - Nintendo UK’s marketing boss Shelly Pearce

“You can expect to see extensive sampling, heavy weight TV campaigns, significant online activity and a focus on building communities via social media and events.”

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/nintendo-this-is-the-year-of-3ds/0114400

Edited by -Dem0-

Pink3DSXL1.jpg

Standalone Pink 3DS XL will arrive in the UK on 31/5/13.

That's a surprisingly decent shade of pink. Definitely better than that wishy-washy pinkish XL in Japan.

How stereotypical of you.

Well, you do seem to love the Peach 3DS. :p

Well, you do seem to love the Peach 3DS. :p

Yus. So much so I'm buying one bitches!!! :yay:

But that one is nasty. :shakehead

Ah man, I was really hoping that a new colour would be announced before my birthday in July, but I didn't want it to be pink! You've lost (or at least delayed until another colour is announced) a sale, Nintendo!

So it happened... Now to decide if to transfer all my details over and actually use it or just gaze at it...?

ScreenShot2013-04-23at181432_zps7f2a3912.png

It's so damn shiny...

ScreenShot2013-04-23at181355_zps2f97c449.png

I'm in love. :love:

Haha, I'll admit that does look nice!

Almost forgot how glittery the standard 3DS was.

How much did that cost you?

Or were they just happy to get rid of it? :p

Lol it was £165. Which I was more than happy with given that a normal 3ds is around £130.

It will hopefully arrive on Thursday.

My 3ds never leaves the house so there's no worry about me being beat up for having it. :heh:

It's easily my favourite of any 3ds model i've seen so far and I have loved it since the competition ran originally. Gutted I missed out on it then.

But still, it's now mine! :grin:

It's easily my favourite of any 3ds model i've seen so far..

I really like the Toad 3DS..

ToadSpecial3DS.jpg

If I could somehow get that for £165 I'd be all over it :heh:

See I think the Toad one is just ok. But the red on the lid is really glittery too whereas most pics make it look just like a flat shine. So I reckon the toad one will be much nicer in the flesh.

The mario one is easily the worst. The blue and red looks terrible together.

Fan-art of a Game Boy themed 3DS.

tumblr_mltoqgj1S51qzp9weo1_1280.png

I think it actually looks nice.

RUMOUR

Dragon Quest Monsters 2 remake.

A recently registered trademark in Japan hints that Square Enix may be planning to remake its 2001 creature-battling RPG Dragon Quest Monsters 2.

The trademark for "Iru to Ruka no Fushigi na Fushigi na Kagi" – yes, that's two fushigis – translates to "Iru and Luca's Wonderful Mysterious Keys." Iru and Luka were the stars in the Game Boy Color's Dragon Quest Monsters 2.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/04/26/rumor-japanese-trademark-suggests-dragon-quest-monsters-2-remak/

I really like the Toad 3DS..

ToadSpecial3DS.jpg

If I could somehow get that for £165 I'd be all over it :heh:

Hey cool, that's my one. Just wondering if you searched for the image via google or remembered it from when I posted it on here once?