NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Perhaps you can see the difference with this picture, Daft.

Tuto+trasfer+3DSXL+2012-70.jpg

I wonder why that is. I don't think it'll really bother me that much. Maybe I'll get the non-XL, I'll have a think.

Cheers!

My original 3DS definitely had a better screen than the XL, and it also has a higher PPI because of the smaller size/same resolution, or course. I also generally had much more fun carrying the original 3DS around with me.

However, I wouldn't go back from the XL. Yes, the screen on mine has a slight yellow tinge (probably not as bad as that picture though), but everything else about it is so much better - the buttons, the screen size. It's a shame it doesn't have quite the same appeal as the smaller 3DS, but I still think it's the best option.

My original 3DS was tinted yellow while my 3DS XL isn't. So I guess it's not really something you can predict.

Yeah it's true you can't predict what you're gonna get. It's like a screen lottery. :D

It's interesting how many people prefer the XL over the original. I can understand the screens, but the buttons, form factor, feel, look and overall finish of the original is head and shoulders above the XL imo.

The original 3DS is the ugliest console of recent history. I hate the weird three tiers of plastic. The XL looks sleek.

If you held the original one and then picked up the XL you certainly wouldn't call it sleek.

Maybe sleek was the wrong word. I just think the original one looks bum.

So I was hovering over the £149.99, went off to lunch, came back, and it was reduced to £139.99.

Boom. A 3DS XL in Blue/Black.

Nice choice of colour!

Apart from Luigi's Mansion 2, what other games are on your radar?

So I was hovering over the £149.99, went off to lunch, came back, and it was reduced to £139.99.

Boom. A 3DS XL in Blue/Black.

Haha. Brilliant. What're you going to do with the extra £10?!?!

I bought a football. Need to rehabilitate my quad after tearing it pretty bad. /Random

Finally about to join the XL club - ordered the Blue model from Amazon a moment ago!

If I go out this weekend, it'll be my last trip with my original model :weep:

Finally about to join the XL club - ordered the Blue model from Amazon a moment ago!

If I go out this weekend, it'll be my last trip with my original model :weep:

Finally!!!

You are going to love it.

I traded my xbox and games in at GAME earlier today. I haven't played it in about a year and still have my PS3 should I wish to pick up any multiplatform games that I wanna play.

Anyway with about 13 games they gave me store credit of £195. Didn't expect that much as the games are all really old now! XBOX trade in was £100 though which is really good.

They offered 25% extra on trade in value if I pre-ordered a game with them so whacked a pre-order down for DKCR and then bought this little lot:

IMG_5200_zps33a0d967.jpg

Good haul!

Missing from that lot is this which I also picked up using the trade in value...

MarioTennis.jpg

I fancied this as a download to always have on the system so looking forward to playing that.

They also gave me a £5 off my next purchase but it's only valid until next weekend so may put that towards a £15 eShop voucher. Can never have too many... lol.

I wanted vouchers as I really enjoy downloading my 3ds games. I also may use some to download NSMBU on the Wii U but at its current price on there may just buy it on disc instead.

Awesome haul. I did something similar with laods of games and such, ended up having over £100 on each of my 3DS and Wii U eshops :)

It makes impulse buying digital stuff stupidly tempting though as you almost feel like you haven't paid for it as you didn't even buy the cards with cash!

Someone should have told me I could buy the original 1985 Gameboy Tetris for my 3DS. Killer app, right there. Song C is THE BEST theme tune ever.

I'm kind of hesitant to buy stuff on the eShop because it's not tied to an account. I take it this thing doesn't have cross buy, so I couldn't play my Tetris on my Wii U?

Can't wait for New Leaf.

Someone should have told me I could buy the original 1985 Gameboy Tetris for my 3DS. Killer app, right there. Song C is THE BEST theme tune ever.

I'm kind of hesitant to buy stuff on the eShop because it's not tied to an account. I take it this thing doesn't have cross buy, so I couldn't play my Tetris on my Wii U?

Can't wait for New Leaf.

No cross buy... yet, it might happen but don't hold your breath.

Either way, these are Nintendo games so many of them are a complete steal for the price - Earthbound will be when it's released - so I've kind of learned to deal with the fact that some games are for the home console VC while others are for the portable and some are on both but not as 'one purchase' which is a tad irksome but the situation is something of a trade-off at the moment as you can't get these games on any other current console.

We'll see what happens closer to E3, if everything ends up at least getting tied to an account with or without 'cross buy' I'll be happy. :)

Yeah, I'm not too bothered. 99% of the time I only ever play cross buy titles on my Vita.

If they implement an account system I'll start throwing money at the eShop.

Anybody who has changed / upgraded their SD card for the 3DS - ever had a problem with downloading anything after?

I am trying to download Mario Power Tennis but am getting an error code 007-2990.

Apparently a quick search says this:

Sometimes this error code can be attributed to the SD Card in the Nintendo 3DS. Did you recently change the SD Card in the system? If so, try using the SD Card that came with the Nintendo 3DS and see if that helps to resolve the issue.

If this doesn't work, you may need to format the SD Card. Make sure to transfer the files from the SD Card to your computer before performing the format. Afterwards, transfer the files back, and then try again to download the game.

Happened to anyone else?

Edit - I have changed my SD card recently

Agreed. Can't beat Bach! :grin:

Anybody who has changed / upgraded their SD card for the 3DS - ever had a problem with downloading anything after?

I am trying to download Mario Power Tennis but am getting an error code 007-2990.

Happened to anyone else?

Did you try formatting the SD card then (Backing up your files first of course)? Does it read everything else fine?

Happened to anyone else?

A little while back, someone from this forum had a similar problem. What's your new SD card formatted as, most come as FAT32. If this is the case that may be the cause of your problem as Nintendo recommend you format your SD card to FAT 16. Copy all data from your current SD card to your PC, then format the new SD card to FAT 16, copy everything back, and see what happens. Worth a try.

@Ike @londragon thank you for the help.

It was as you mentioned. I formatted it using my Mac but the memory card format changed to a Mac format. So you can imagine the near heart failure when I transferred it back and my 3DS said 'this memory card cannot be read'... :laughing:

I just had to format it back to the correct format and then it worked.

Ike - you need to become this forums official 3DS go to man for queries... lol. You've helped me out with a lot of things regarding the 3DS in the past so thanks a bunch :)