NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

White 3DS XL & Super Mario 3D Land for £167.86

from ShopTo

Good price, seeing as the cheapest standalone XL I've seen is around £155-158.

So I replaced my 2 year old Cosmo Black 3DS (it was a bit beaten up and worn out, so I wanted a new one) with a new Ice White 3DS the other day...

To my surprise, it seems that Nintendo have improved the colour gamut and saturation of the original 3DS model's screen! The colours are noticeably richer than on my old console!

While I don't have my old 3DS anymore to make a picture comparison, I compared it to some screenshots of 3DS games on my iPhone 4S and the difference is indeed noticeable. The new white 3DS compares much more favourably than my old black one did!

That was a very nice surprise! :D

So I replaced my 2 year old Cosmo Black 3DS (it was a bit beaten up and worn out, so I wanted a new one) with a new Ice White 3DS the other day...

To my surprise, it seems that Nintendo have improved the colour gamut and saturation of the original 3DS model's screen! The colours are noticeably richer than on my old console!

While I don't have my old 3DS anymore to make a picture comparison, I compared it to some screenshots of 3DS games on my iPhone 4S and the difference is indeed noticeable. The new white 3DS compares much more favourably than my old black one did!

As much as I've loved my Cosmo Black 3DS since launch, I too have been tempted to change colour for a while now, but only if the right colour comes along..

I had considered the Flame Red one but I'm not sure if it's the right colour of red.. though I do like the reflective finish on the top of the unit, something that does disappoint with the black model :hmm:

I would possibly have been interested in the Midnight Purple but there's still no sign of it here.. and I was disappointed when the Limited Edition Fire Emblem version turned out to be an XL!

As much as I've loved my Cosmo Black 3DS since launch, I too have been tempted to change colour for a while now, but only if the right colour comes along..

I had considered the Flame Red one but I'm not sure if it's the right colour of red.. though I do like the reflective finish on the top of the unit, something that does disappoint with the black model :hmm:

I would possibly have been interested in the Midnight Purple but there's still no sign of it here.. and I was disappointed when the Limited Edition Fire Emblem version turned out to be an XL!

Exactly the same here. I was holding out till the next ND in hope that we'd get either the purple or the limited edition FEA 3DS. Walked away disappointed, so I went for the Ice White one, which was my backup choice.

Glad I did, the white one is simply gorgeous :heart:

That's a good price on the White XL, Amazon just put their price up to £199. Shopto seems to be the cheapest out of Amazon and GAME for the Monster Hunter and Fire Emblem bundles as well at the moment (£185.85).

Exactly the same here. I was holding out till the next ND in hope that we'd get either the purple or the limited edition FEA 3DS. Walked away disappointed, so I went for the Ice White one, which was my backup choice.

Glad I did, the white one is simply gorgeous :heart:

If I ever saw a great deal on Flare Red, I'd be tempted to go for it I think.. though at this stage, I think there's more chance of me waiting to see if there's another redesign somewhere down the line that could potentially be more appealing :hehe:

I'm tempted now! Kind of miss the original 3DS. Are smudges less noticeable on the Ice White exterior?

I'm tempted now! Kind of miss the original 3DS. Are smudges less noticeable on the Ice White exterior?

Haven't noticed any on the inside or outside :)

New 3DS Colours.

From IGN

"The 'Light Blue' and 'Gloss Pink' versions of the standard 3DS (as opposed to XL) system will be available from March 20 for 15,000 yen. Additionally, both will come with a 4GB memory card as standard, rather than the 2GB one nestled inside other 3DS models."

3ds_light_blue.jpg

3ds_gloss_pink.jpg

It's nice to see some new colours for the original 3DS, but man are they both ugly choices!

I think the other blues & pinks both look better than these. The light blue is okay, but the real question is;

"Where are the Midnight Purple & Weegee Green 3DS's?"

And where the feck is Yellow!

and no Pikachu you don't count... plus you're largely white.

This is exactly what i want. A yellow XL with no tacky character on the front!

The Gameboy Colour/N64 controller was so awesome, how all the colours were pretty much released at once and you could choose any colour you wanted when you bought one/a new one.

Now they seem to have got a bit stuck on a... Black, White, Blue for boys, Pink for girls, mentality for their products.

The N64 controller was so awesome, how all the colours were pretty much released at once..

I thought that was so cool at the time.. and still do! I kinda wish I had one of each of the original colours because I like the controllers that much :grin:

It always frustrates me that they never seem to reveal the colours people want any more.. in anything :sad:

Spice Orange GameCube is still my fave coloured console, swiftly followed by NES GBA SP and my lime green GB Color.

Hope we get a decent Animal Crossing flavoured 3DS XL in June.

Spice Orange was BEAUTIFUL, always wanted that gamecube. I do love my Flame Red 3DS because it (was) the lesser evil out of the limited colour options here in the UK, but I'd happily swap it for something snazzier. Nintendo, why don't you want our money?

What's the biggest sd card that the 3ds supports? Did it support high capacity? My continuous fruitless search for fire emblem is making me think digital is the way forward.

I discovered an option on the 3DS where it says that we can perform a system transfer.

I have a 3DS and a 3DS XL, but they are not using the same nintendo account.

I want to transfer the games from my 3DS XL to my 3DS but I want to keep my 3DS nintendo account. If I use the option that I discovered above, will this be possible?

I discovered an option on the 3DS where it says that we can perform a system transfer.

I have a 3DS and a 3DS XL, but they are not using the same nintendo account.

I want to transfer the games from my 3DS XL to my 3DS but I want to keep my 3DS nintendo account. If I use the option that I discovered above, will this be possible?

I believe System Transfer overwrites everything. I've only done it one way (3DS to 3DS XL) but the only data left on my XL was what came from my original 3DS.

@flameboy 128GB. 32GB should be big enough though.

Ok thanks. I'm gonna have one last blitz around local shops then failing that pick up a new jumbo SD card. Fire emblem is a pretty big download so may as well invest.

3DS For £99 At GAME. When bought with a game... Sorely tempting?

3DS For £99 At GAME. When bought with a game... Sorely tempting?

Is this just in store? Can't see the deal online - guessing it's just the original console too?

Is this just in store? Can't see the deal online - guessing it's just the original console too?

Not sure, was in an ad in the Metro!