NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Hmm not a massive fan of that light blue. It looks really similar to the original Aqua Blue one - and that never appealed to me!

So I have been looking into the original 3ds - as much as I love my XL the original has a certain charm about it, and I like how everything seems sharper on the smaller screen.

Is it wrong as a 24 year old male to really really really want this 3ds...?

8334144153_f93075b447_b.jpg

:hmm:

Hmm not a massive fan of that light blue. It looks really similar to the original Aqua Blue one - and that never appealed to me!

So I have been looking into the original 3ds - as much as I love my XL the original has a certain charm about it, and I like how everything seems sharper on the smaller screen.

8334144153_f93075b447_b.jpg

:hmm:

what the fuck that looks disgusting.

Not when it's presented in that way (nicely done) but I don't like that 3DS. It's a reminder of losing that competition.

what the fuck that looks disgusting.

It is a Princess Peach 3DS... :blank:

How dare you. :laughing:

I got a system update on my 3DS this morning, it was nothing more than adding Luigi's Mansion 2 Puzzle to the Mii Plaza. Interesting though, it also said, that I can now receive Jiggies via SpotPass. Dunno what it means, but coud be interesting.

I got a system update on my 3DS this morning, it was nothing more than adding Luigi's Mansion 2 Puzzle to the Mii Plaza. Interesting though, it also said, that I can now receive Jiggies via SpotPass. Dunno what it means, but coud be interesting.

The System Update has the following fixes:

Nintendo eShop improvements*

Users will no longer need to close the Nintendo eShop application to ensure the "Download Later" feature works while the Nintendo 3DS is in Sleep Mode.

Other improvements to usability have been made, including the ability to download software update data in the background.

So games out this week are:

Luigi's Mansion 2

Devil Survivor

HarmoKnight

Fire Emblem Demo

Code of Princess

And of course still playing Monster Hunter, but why did they wait 3 months then release everything. My poor backlog.

I'll only be getting Luigi's Mansion 2 and Devil Survivor, prioritising these two because Luigi's Mansion has a glow in the dark case and Devil Survivor is probably going to have a low print run.

You can still buy new copies of the Atlus games on the PS2 that Ghostlight published in Europe, so I wouldn't worry too much about Devil Survivor: Overclocked becoming hard to find.

Of course, watch it become super rare just because I said that. :p

Ooh, nice. Good to hear that's the case, but also I'm buying it because I've had it pre-ordered for ages.

On another note, I can't seem to update my 3DS. It just stops part way through and tells me that there was an error and then it restarts.

This happening to anyone else?

Okay, I'm tempted to get a circle pad pro for the XL, I have a normal one which I should porbablay sell.

But It's just not worth it just for resident evil, however much I hate one stick control (why didn't they make the XL dual stick...). Are there any other games I'm forgetting (monster hinter but dont want that) that use it? Out now or in the future.

Are there any other games I'm forgetting (monster hinter but dont want that) that use it? Out now or in the future.

These are all the games I know that have CPP support:

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Resident Evil: Revelations

Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D

Kid Icarus: Uprising

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

Nano Assault EX

Did miyamoto not appear in spotless too...

These are all the games I know that have CPP support:

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Resident Evil: Revelations

Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D

Kid Icarus: Uprising

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

Nano Assault EX

Kid Iacrus is only left hand mode though isn't it.

I might get Nano Assault and it'll be pretty important for that, but otherwise...not much. The new FPS from renegade kid... Not worth the extortionate price of £17.99...

On another note, I can't seem to update my 3DS. It just stops part way through and tells me that there was an error and then it restarts.

This happening to anyone else?

Try turning off the 3DS and holding up on the d-pad + L + R + A while powering up, it should take you to the update menu.

Still doesn't work. It keeps on giving me a message about an error and then the system just restarts. I'll try again tomorrow but if this persists then I'm going to have to contact customer support.

Still doesn't work. It keeps on giving me a message about an error and then the system just restarts. I'll try again tomorrow but if this persists then I'm going to have to contact customer support.

Leave it in sleep mode and let it download like that?

Anyone else notice the eShop is being really really slow since the update?

I timed it and it's actually faster than going to the grocery store.

Leave it in sleep mode and let it download like that?

Thanks it worked, totally forgot about that before you mentioned it.

Anyone else notice the eShop is being really really slow since the update?

Nope, if anything it's the same. Havent noticed any difference.

Thanks it worked, totally forgot about that before you mentioned it.

Nope, if anything it's the same. Havent noticed any difference.

Yeah, it's working fine now. Must have been a server hiccup

3DS Miiverse is still coming, but wont be compatible with all games unfortunately

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/33667

Nintendo's Miiverse, a social network for the Wii U, will be coming to PC and smartphone browsers in April or May, with a 3DS version coming at a later date...

...His Game Developers Conference talk also detailed a 3DS version of Miiverse, which won't be compatible with all existing software. The 3DS version is still in development, and a date has not been provided, but he hopes to bring the social network to the 30 million 3DS users, as well as developers of future 3DS games, as soon as possible.

I wonder if that means that it'll be built into games and a separate launchable app, rather than an app that can be multitasked like the Friends list or the Game Notes. Bit disappointing if that's the case, especially considering that the 3DS already has a web browser that can run while a game is suspended...

we'll have to wait and see, i'm sure they will have it as a launch-able app like the web browser, but it might be just that that notification is aying that some games won't be compatible with it, in the same way wiiu games are, for example no in game posts like in NSMBU etc, we all know how vague they can be

Only noticed this morning the new update made some changes to the Web Browser.... just a cosmetic change, the loading bar moved to top of top screen with the "loading squares" things. Didn't notice any performance improvement though :( ... but I only used it to check here while in bed so wasn't using it long