NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Does anyone else really hate that new Pikachu design? He looks like a baby.

SHUSH, it looks beautiful.

I'm willing to put pre-orders in for people.. at a price :wink:

Well I originally thought about selling it because there aren't really any games coming out during the rest of the year that interest me. Paper Mario is probably the next one and that's a long way off!

However now it's also because I'm desperately in need of some money, so I got on and finished Revelations as quickly as I could and now I'm having to sell.

Aw, man, that's too bad. Well hopefully you'll get a good price for your stuff. :)

See you online next year when Nintendo releases a 3DSi version then? :hehe:

I really don't get it when people say they'll sell it because there aren't games they want coming soon, but will get one when there are. That doesn't make sense...you lose money, you don't save some

Aw, man, that's too bad. Well hopefully you'll get a good price for your stuff. :)

See you online next year when Nintendo releases a 3DSi version then? :hehe:

Hopefully!

I'm definately intending to buy a 3DS again at some point; just waiting for the games (and now money!)!

I really don't get it when people say they'll sell it because there aren't games they want coming soon, but will get one when there are. That doesn't make sense...you lose money, you don't save some

Ok in my case I am not trying to SAVE money. I sold my 3ds because I needed the money for other things that I intend to make full use of. A 3ds with no games out for it until Christmas gathering dust then, is not something I wish to keep. So selling it works for me.

And also, as pointed out last time you commented about this not making sense to you - I won't be buying a 3ds XL again. If and when I do re-buy the console, it will be a normal 3ds - and with them being cheaper than an XL, I wont be losing money.

But thanks.

Exactly the same as Aneres11.

I'm in need of money, and I definately won't be using my 3DS for the next 6 months... maybe even a year; who knows with no games having been announced past Paper Mario. So instead of it gathering dust I might as well sell it to raise the money that I need.

Then over the next year when I'm hopefully in a better financial situation it won't be an issue buying a new one; hopefully a newly announced improved model, or a cheaper standard 3DS. And when there's hopefully some games out!

Well, just bought a used one for 98€. Not a bad deal, pretty much the same price as my NDS back then. Been looking for some used games, surprisingly hard to find any! : o

So what do you guys think are the best games for the system so far? Will probably be going for SML3D and MK7 first, supposing I can find them at a decent price somewhere... o_O

Best 5 games for me

- Kid Icarus

- Mario Kart 7

- Lylat Wars

- Ocarina of Time

- Pullblox.

So what do you guys think are the best games for the system so far? Will probably be going for SML3D and MK7 first, supposing I can find them at a decent price somewhere... o_O
Yeah, MK7 is essential! :)

Resident Evil: Revelations and Kid Icarus: Uprising would be my other recommendations to you.

Both feature great single player and online modes. icon14.gif

A few of us posted some suggestions for gmac in the New 3DS Owners Buyers Guide thread a couple of week back.

Two quick questions:

1. Is there only one camera view in "Star Fox 64 3D" (there's no first person cockpit view as far as I can understand)?

2. Is it possible to play and complete Kid Icarus: Uprising without using the stand?

Thanks.

2. Is it possible to play and complete Kid Icarus: Uprising without using the stand?

Easily. Never even touched the thing, apart from removing it from the box and saying "The fuck is this?".

I play without the stand, and I use the DS thumb strap.

1. Is there only one camera view in "Star Fox 64 3D" (there's no first person cockpit view as far as I can understand)?
Yep, correct.

Thanks, guys. Guess I'm going to add these two games to my 3DS collection as well.

3DS arrived. Had a go at the Faceraiders, goddamn what a great idea : D Took a picture of my plushie pike's face, totally priceless xD Hope there were more wacky games like that!

And yes, thanks for the game suggestions guys. Used prices still too high at gamestop, but found mariokart 7 pretty cheap online. Have to wait until Monday to get it, though...

Edited by Ville

Now that NINTENDO has gone from the 3DS straight to the 3DSXL, could it be that we'll be seeing something completely different when it comes to their next handheld in a couple of years?

Or will they still make some sort of 3DSi kind o' handheld which is the ultimate version of the 3DS?

And what will be the name of such a device?

I am also wondering if NINTENDO is still going to continue the 'DS' brand. Chances are high, for it is succesful. However, the NES -> SNES days were also quite succesful, but they eventually made the decision to stop with the whole 'Nintendo Entertainment System' brand.

Do you guys think that only when the chips are starting to go down, NINTENDO kind of re-invents itself with new 'brands' so to speak like the Wii and DS?

Now that NINTENDO has gone from the 3DS straight to the 3DSXL, could it be that we'll be seeing something completely different when it comes to their next handheld in a couple of years?

Or will they still make some sort of 3DSi kind o' handheld which is the ultimate version of the 3DS?

And what will be the name of such a device?

I am also wondering if NINTENDO is still going to continue the 'DS' brand. Chances are high, for it is succesful. However, the NES -> SNES days were also quite succesful, but they eventually made the decision to stop with the whole 'Nintendo Entertainment System' brand.

Do you guys think that only when the chips are starting to go down, NINTENDO kind of re-invents itself with new 'brands' so to speak like the Wii and DS?

Hmm it's an interesting discussion point.

For me personally, I really hope they move away from the 3ds period with their next handheld.

I do think Nintendo will stay with a 2 screen system as it brings some truly unique experiences to gameplay that you can't get anywhere else.

Having said that, with mobile phones using touch based games now with a lot of success, and with the Wii U offering a second touch screen on a home console setting, Nintendo may feel that they can move away from the 2 screen handheld. It's an unlikely scenario for me, but you never know!

I honestly believe that the 3DS XL is the last of the 3DS brand.

The DS was / is my favourite console ever, and the 3DS has been nothing but a disappointment.

There have been some great games, yes. But only 1 that has truly set the bar and that is SM3DL.

I don't feel like the 3DS has been much of a progression from the DS even though we have better graphics, a bigger screen and analogue control.

I really hope in the next few years we see a new style of handheld. As much as I love the DS and have had some fun with the 3DS, I think it's time for something new!

The 3DS isn't done yet, mind you.

Sure, it doesn't have those cheeky gems like the DS did with the likes of Ghost Trick or Okamiden, but it's still early days, so who know what we'll be seeing!

If anything Fantasy Life and Bravery Default will surely be gems of the gods.

Edited by Fused King

And that's why I think it's 50/50. Nintendo are focusing on their next handheld atm, but I think seeing another 3DS redesign might be a possibility. Maybe to freshen things up again after 2 years and maybe they could use it to give them some more time for the 3DS's successor.

Massive sales bump incoming......again. :D

Hundreds lined up at Tokyo Pokemon Center today to pre-order the Pikachu Yellow 3DS LL system. Pre-orders for the special color variation kicked off today at Pokemon Centers throughout Japan.

Inside Games visited the Tokyo Pokemon Center at 10:00 and found a line of over 300 people. The line continued to grow, and in the end it took four hours for Pokemon Center staff to process everyone.

The Pikachu Yellow 3DS will be released on September 15, priced ¥18,900. The device is pre-order only, with payment expected up front.

V5Osf.jpg

oog38.jpg

pTfZM.jpg

These were priced at £300 on ebay last I checked. if they get less than £250 I might consider it.

Pre-order only?!

So they'll wait until the pre-order closes before knowing how many to make? That sounds very strange.

Surely they could sell a lot of these if they wanted to? The demand seems to be there.