N-Europe

F1 2010 from Codemasters

gaggle64

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GT Review - 8.6

They mention the Pit Stop bug, and freezing issues...

Didn't realise the whole of pit stops were automatic, that's dissapointing!!

Sure I guess there's the problem of potentially over running your pit box on entry, but the game could have guided you in and then let you carry on from there, it would have been fun!

Thought I'd go for one last race before returning it to Blockbuster tonight.

Was having the race of my life, pitted from 8th (as a Lotus, think it was Shanghai)... Came back out into last position after letting 6 cars go past me in the pitlane.

Definitely not buying it.

So disappointed, I had a terrible Q2 meaning I started from 17th place on the grid, so I went for the long stint on the prime while finishing the race on the option, it appeared to be working a treat, pitted in from 5th after almost everyone else had, I came out in 14th place, but being on a fresh set of option tires I was making good progress, sometimes going a little wide and losing the place I earned a few corners before, on lap 11 of 12 I found myself behind Trulli whom was in the last points position, him being on some worn prime and me on my most part fresh options. I caught up to him on a long left hander, I can outbreak him easily and was going to try getting him round the outside, but outbreaked myself going into the chicane and went wide onto the grass, this was pivotal as I ending up losing some ground and had to make it back up on the final lap. I got right behind him at the last few corners but couldn't find what I needed meaning I finished 11th. 1 mistake cost me a points finish. Needless to say despite the result I wuvved it.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Call me insane, but I absolutely LOVE Valencia, it's one of my favourite tracks...!

Funny you should say that because I hate Shanghai when it's on TV but god it's such a fun track with a brilliant middle sector!

Bahrain and Abu Dhabi are still shit though.

Yeah Bahrain is fucking wank, it's too messy and not smooth at all, I like barcelona's sweeping corners also melbourne grand prix is good but i'm only upto race five so i got many more to try out.

Why is there no qualifying 1,2 and 3 or am I missing something?

Yeah Bahrain is fucking wank, it's too messy and not smooth at all, I like barcelona's sweeping corners also melbourne grand prix is good but i'm only upto race five so i got many more to try out.

I love Barcelona as well, but dear God they have ruined the final sector. The chicane at the end is such a pain.

I don't mind Bahrain or Abu Dhabi, in fact, I like all the tracks. There's something really satisfying about learning them, getting into the groove and nailing a good lap no matter what circuit you're on.

I love this game.

Bump

PS3 and 360 players, this Sunday I think we should play online at Suzuka after the Japanese GP

Start time: 7ish

View: Cockpit view only

DRL (Dynamic Racing Line): Off

Race set up: Quali and Race

Management options: Tyres and Fuel

Team performance: Realistic

If you are in, Try joining the lobby's round 6:50. I will open one on the PS3 version and would someone with the 360 version volunteer to do that lobby.

One last thing, be sure to state which team you will be in if you want to take part,

I'll be in the Williams.

PSN ID: EmeraldEmblem

Edited by Emerald Emblem

This game hates me, been playing a bit today. Got my best finish to date at Instanbul, finishing 8th. On to Montreal and miraculously qualified in poll, thank you mr weather man! Just done the race and finished a respectable third, Alonso out did me in the pits and Hamilton over took me on the very last lap. I cross the finish line well chuffed with my first podium finish... Only for the score board to flash up 18th... WTF I didn't get any penalties, didn't crash into anyone, for the large majority of it I was out in front... don't get that at all.

Silverstone is a bag of spanners, i can't pick out the racing line anywhere the first corner I know i should do it nearly full speed but I choke and the rest is a mess. Rubbish!!!

I had that luck in the Canadian grand Prix with the rain, lool. Finsihed pole and then got knocked back 5 places for pit lane speeding, grrrr. Still managed to win the actual race in the wet though! fist victory for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I came 23rd in Catalunia's wet race, really gutted as i was high as 14th cause cars in front kept spinning out, a Virgin is almost undrivable in extreme wet conditions. But now to Monte Carlo, Practice went terribly and I crashed out, accidentally left it at short race weekend so straight into Qualifying and it was extremely wet, even worse right? I lost my front wing first flying lap, went in and tried again, I somehow got round in a 1:27, I waited to see what a fast car would do and Button got a 1:29, my jaw dropped as for my first proper flying lap round Monte Carlo, in wet conditions and driving a Virgin I had blitzed the fastest times of the top teams and that's where I stayed after again losing my front wing going for an uneeded attempt to improve. But the Race is dry, I really appreciate how difficult racing a bottom teams car really is while trying to maintain the pole position I found myself in.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!