NEurope
Shorty

Google Street View extended to cover most of the UK

Just checked Goafers house, his poor Scirocco pre-burntout is sitting there. Im hoping it doesnt send him into a fit of depression.

Its neat, but I'm surprised none of you finds this disturbing.

As SPAMBOT said, its no worse than seeing it with your own eyes. Its not like I place my postcode online.

I suppose if someone was crafty/could find a way then they could link google maps with that 'burgle my home' site but...whatever.

Yeah, I've not heard many arguments that really hold up too well against Google Street View and I'm one of the biggest whiners about the Big Brother SURVEILLANCE STATE direction this country is taking.

Okay, it gives potential burglars a look at the front of your house without them having to leave their seats but as I said before, they could just walk over and take a look and also... who burgles from the front of a house anyway? Pr0 burglars would still come and check a place out first. Also, not like the images are live or even recent (looks like before last summer to me) so it doesn't help with seeing whether people are in or not...

I just think this is a fun, helpful little tool. It's nice checking out a place you're planning to go before you go there. It'll also make Google's GPS app fucking awesome tbh.

Saw a tutor (not mine) outside my art school.

And I can't find any animals at the zoo. :(

This thread reminded me that I need to check out my potential new digs for next year. You just saved me 20 mins of effort of actually walking round there!

(it's near the mosque on a road that goes between queen's road and abbeydale road - maybe 400m away from where I currently live!)

I think where I live now and where i've lived previously were already on streetview so there's no much razzmatazz in it for me.

Just checked Goafers house, his poor Scirocco pre-burntout is sitting there. Im hoping it doesnt send him into a fit of depression.

andieiwillalwaysloveyou.jpg

On a slightly serious note, my Dad is going to be furious about this (he reads The Daily Mail).

Several months ago I saw a google maps car go past me, but alas I'm not featured. Guessing it was just passing through. My bedroom window is open so I'm guessing I was at home (and it was a while ago).

Have you tried from every angle? My dad saw it go past, but you can only see him from one position, he's not there on any others (even though you'd expect to be able to see him from further back on the same angle etc..

Does your dad buy the Daily Mail?

Surprisingly no, he's usually a normal Daily Mail hating person.

You can't see our house, there's a load of bushes and trees blocking the view from the road..good news.

I saw an article on the paper the other day about this guy who features in like 4 or 5 pictures on google street because he was delivering papers that morning. I wonder if anyone appears in MORE google street images!? HMM

Apprently steele road only goes up so far, near my house, my actual street they haven't googled. For shame.

I saw a Google Maps car Tuesday morning, do they take the photos while driving because I might be in the photo?

They might do i think, probably why you can move back-wards and forwards a short distance as well as far.

I saw a Google Maps car Tuesday morning, do they take the photos while driving because I might be in the photo?

Yeah it does.

The big black thing on top is pretty much always taking pictures, it's how they cover so much ground with the cars.

How come when i went onto Google Earth a few months ago all it was was a map comprised of very blurry overhead shots? Has it all been changed since then?

How come when i went onto Google Earth a few months ago all it was was a map comprised of very blurry overhead shots? Has it all been changed since then?

It has both satellite and this now.

It has both satellite and this now.

I just tried it and it still only showed satellite. I'll try tinkering with the options...

I just tried it and it still only showed satellite. I'll try tinkering with the options...

Go to Google Maps, then just drag the little man from the top right corner onto the street you want to view.