N-Europe

Pokémon Black & White

Serebii

Lesson learnt for next time :p Wish there was a better fire type available at the moment though. Got Pansear but would like something a bit.... better and I doubt Pinwheel will have anything to replace it.

Blitzle learns a fire move at level ~19 and it is actually almost better than Pansear's Incincerate because of Blitzle's high attack.

Is there anywhere that you can get more Sun Stones from? Found out the grass type I like needs one to evolve, but I'd rather not use my Sun Stone at this point unless I can easily get more.

I have such a bad case of button pressing at the wrong time while talking to people. There are almost too many instances to count where I was pressing away when suddenly I see a quick flash of what used to be a reply choice :indeed: One of the times this happened was in the city where there is a man who gives you a stone for the monkey of your choice.

It is too easy to accidentally select something:mad:

How is everyone doing time wise so far?

I'm 20 hours in with 5 gym badges.

Its strange coz i've not been off it this weekend really, yet i know there is still loaaaads left to do!

About ten hours I think, and I just arrived in the first real city :o I wasn't expecting something so big. As I have mentioned previously, I am trying to take my time and not rush through it.

About ten hours I think, and I just arrived in the first real city :o I wasn't expecting something so big. As I have mentioned previously, I am trying to take my time and not rush through it.

Yeah i am exactly the same. As i have got further on i have seen and caught some really amazing Pokemon - loving some of the type pairings too.

It has made me ditch some of the Pokemon i started out with and spend additional time away from the main story to get them trained up. Really enjoying it.

The only thing I dont like so far is the lack of any decent fire types, though i am sure they will come later on.

Well, I just had a rather lucky battle against the fourth gym leader.

I didn't think my team would hold up very well against electric types so I changed my lineup a bit, one of the Pokemon I added was a Dweeble. After levelling it I was surprised to find it learned Stealth Rock, I don't remember any of the Gen IV Pokemon learning the move naturally.

Anyway, I used Dweeble first for the gym battle thinking it would be a good move to use, since it damages Pokemon when they switch in. What I didn't know was the gym leader liked to use Volt Switch, basically an Electric version of U-Turn so every time she used it, the switched in Pokemon took 25% damage :). Once Dweeble got knocked out I switched to Purrloin who knew Pursuit, so that also got it attack boosted every time she used Volt Switch.

I've just done the fourth gym and I'm at 14 hours. I'm trying to take it slow. The dessert bit was massive.

I don't actually use it for battling, but at this point in the game it's the only Pokémon I have with a sleeping move!

Anyone else using Victini in their team?

Nooo...I am possibly considering it on my play through of White.

And...thats right bitches.....I finally captured him. Bow down to the awesome power of my leader.

568.png

I've just done the fourth gym and I'm at 14 hours. I'm trying to take it slow. The dessert bit was massive.

Nooo...I am possibly considering it on my play through of White.

And...thats right bitches.....I finally captured him. Bow down to the awesome power of my leader.

568.png

That's a trubbish leader

I'm on 9 hours and i'm in the sandy area at the moment. I could move on to the next city but there are a couple of Pokemon that i'm trying to capture that just won't appear.

Yeah, I am. I caught him yesterday and have been using him ever since. He decimated the whole of the 3rd gym! :o

I finally captured him. Bow down to the awesome power of my leader.

568.png

I' using Trubbish as well :P Although mine was too high level and it didn't know Toxic Spikes :( Found one later that was holding a black sludge though :yay:.

Yeah, I am. I like the type-combination and it's a great fire-type - way better than Pansear anyway. So for the time being, I use it, even though I promised myself that I wouldn't use legendaries this generation.

n00b Question -

If I Download the Liberty Pass (or whatever the Vicinti ticket is called), Can I catch him after the 22nd April? or do I have to do it before then?

I assume the 4th Mar / 22nd Apr time frame is to download the ticket, not to actually catch him?

Hoping so anyways,

n00b Question -

If I Download the Liberty Pass (or whatever the Vicinti ticket is called), Can I catch him after the 22nd April? or do I have to do it before then?

I assume the 4th Mar / 22nd Apr time frame is to download the ticket, not to actually catch him?

Hoping so anyways,

Correctamundo

I may wait until I get a 3DS before I download the liberty pass... I just went to download it and that message appears 'treats your save data and this Nintendo DS as a set etc' though I remember you saying Serebii that it doesn't actually matter or at least it didn't on previous versions.

Maybe I'll just do the sensible thing and download it now, keeping my DSi for... y'know, DS games.

I may wait until I get a 3DS before I download the liberty pass... I just went to download it and that message appears 'treats your save data and this Nintendo DS as a set etc' though I remember you saying Serebii that it doesn't actually matter or at least it didn't on previous versions.

Maybe I'll just do the sensible thing and download it now, keeping my DSi for... y'know, DS games.

Are you not going to transfer all your DS WiFi data to your 3DS?

Anyway, all it'll do when you play on WiFi on the 3DS if you haven't is wipe your Pal Pad and battle records, that's all

One thing that has bothered me ever since the GTS was implemented is the amount of people who are just being plain stupid when it comes to trades :mad:

If I want so search for, say a Petilil, then it is very annoying when all the people ask for Reshiram lv. 100, Zekrom lv.100, Reshiram lv.100, Zekrom lv.100 etc.

Why do they do this, do they honestly expect to get that, or are they doing some sort of cloning trick? Most of the time I can't find a normal trade partner. For that reason I always ask for reasonable Pokémon when depositing mine.

Been playing this non stop since I got it :heh:

Current team...

555.gif530.gif565.gif596.gif511.gif520.gif

All level 40 apart from Tranquill, but I'm gonna replace him with a Ruflett/Braviary anyway. First time I've dropped a starter, chose Oshawott as Samurott was my favourite of the final evolutions but even then I wasn't keen. Gonna stop playing for a couple of days (don't want to overload), got a load of painting and my portfolio to put together anyway, gonna find it tough to keep away though! :heh:

Also, new Pokemon sig!

Edit: And avatar.

Edited by Eddage