NEurope
Karl619

Let's save Cadbury's heritage!

It was a joke.

youfunnykid.jpg

I bluddy love Cadburys chocolate. Although, there's very few chocolates I do not like. I'm a chocoholic, but I'm trying to get better. At uni, I used to treat myself to a big bar of Dairy Milk every weekend. I'd sit in bed and watch a film and eat da chocolaaaate.

The last thing I want to see is Cadburys going down the pan. They bring me joy. :(

I hate you for starting that group.

Being in The Sun would be a fitting punishment for being so annoying.

I was talking earlier about them being bought by Kraft and how it felt like a shame...

But... we're in a global market; stop bitching.

But is it better they are purchased or out-right close?

They didn't need to be purchased, Cadbury has been doing fine and was in no danger of going under. This was an unwelcome hostile takeover bid.

Thing I hate is that this is a British company that has remained independent for over 150 years and is part of British heritage. Now it's in the hands of Americans who most likely don't give a shit about that heritage. I can't see them continuing the quaker traditions that the company have attempted to maintain to some extent. But then that's capitalism for you, sell your granny for a quick buck.

As long as Cadbury's Chocolate remains the same as it is now, i personally don't care.

I would care however if Cadbury production moved from Britain and the Chocolate changes into something the American's find nice, which to us over here tastes like cack.

Galaxy is a Mars product. American company (American chocolate is generally shit as well).

The worst thing about Yorkie is the texture. You can actually taste it disintegrate. It's rank. Cadbury's has the same kind of problem but not to the offensive extent of a Yorkie.

There's so much better chocolate than either though, they don't even register. Leonidas chocolate... *drool*

The Swiss really know how to do it.

You saying Leonidas is Swiss? Or are those two different thought processes (à la Wesley)? =O

As long as Cadbury's Chocolate remains the same as it is now, i personally don't care.

I would care however if Cadbury production moved from Britain and the Chocolate changes into something the American's find nice, which to us over here tastes like cack.

I can't imagine them 'Americanising' the chocolate (i.e. whacking a load more milk in there). To be fair they also own Terry's Chocolate Orange and All Gold, Toblerone, Cote D'or and Daim and none are particularly Americanised from what I remember.

But yeah, American chocolate does suck.

Hershey's is loooovely

also is it me, or does all Nestle chocolate taste like shit these days? have they changed something recently?

also is it me, or does all Nestle chocolate taste like shit these days? have they changed something recently?

No, it's always tasted like shit.

Save Cadbury's? Why? They makes awful chocolate.

What is this I read before me?! Cadbury's is awesome! I love it, it's a shame really, quite sad too.

You saying Leonidas is Swiss? Or are those two different thought processes (à la Wesley)? =O

Separate thoughts fighting it out to be written! :D I think I'm just overwhelming myself with images of chocolaty goodness.

Leonidas are from the lovely country of Belgania (Known to normal people as Belgium :heh: )...I think.

What is this I read before me?! Cadbury's is awesome! I love it, it's a shame really, quite sad too.

Exactly! I'm not liking the mental haters in this thread.

Anyway, I don't think anyone needs to worry, Cadburys isn't going to stop being made.

Cadburys is the shit, mmmmmmm chocolate *drools*

Cant say I'm to bothered about this, just as long as the chocolate stays on the shelves and they don't stop making wispa's again it's all good :).

"On 19 January 2010, Cadbury finally approved a revised offer from Kraft, valuing the confectionery business at £11.5 billion ($17.9 billion)."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8467007.stm

Kraft borrowed something like £7b to fund the deal, so job cuts are likely!

Well I'm doing my bit for the americans and am going to Cadbury's World in feb, dressed as an Umpa Lumpa.

Not kidding.

Well I'm doing my bit for the americans and am going to Cadbury's World in feb, dressed as an Umpa Lumpa.

Come say hi!

Agreed. I haven't bought a chocolate bar in months- I only really like very strong dark chocolate nowadays.

Chocolate is like coffee. You get an amazing jump in quality with minimal effort if you just look for something a little better.

Still, shit to see Cadbury's under threat from what looks like a hasty and potentially dangerous buyout. We have one of their factories here in Sheffield so it's a local concern for me.

Which coffee would you recommend? I like the taste of coffee but a lot of it seems to be crap coffee :P

You just need to avoid instant, really. You want bags of ground coffee that you brew properly. They're ranked by strength 1-5 so it's really up to how you like it from there. I have mine fiendishly strong, no milk or sugar so most people think I'm a mental.

Galaxy is a Mars product. American company (American chocolate is generally shit as well).

American chocolate is the worst :woops: The crap they stick the "Cadbury's" label on over there is a travesty, and Hersheys? Bleurgh.

That's not funny.

Umpa Lumpas are people too, you know.

Now you're banned for spelling Umpa Lumpas wrong.

*bans*

That's not funny.

*bans*

Surely Umpalumpa is the Collective Term?

I can't imagine them 'Americanising' the chocolate (i.e. whacking a load more milk in there). To be fair they also own Terry's Chocolate Orange and All Gold, Toblerone, Cote D'or and Daim and none are particularly Americanised from what I remember.

But yeah, American chocolate does suck.

True i have to admit that since Terry's, Toblerone and Daim (only three i like on the list) were taken over by Kraft, the chocolate hasn't changed in taste.

Americanised Chocolate in my opinion means whacking even more sugar into it, making it too sweet for us. Look at Milka and Ritter, which is American Chocolate. How many of you can honesly say this is nice stuff, i find it too sweet.

If Cadbury's does change in taste, i'm moving onto the Fairtrade stuff in my local Co-op. It's nice, for 60p less.

"On 19 January 2010, Cadbury finally approved a revised offer from Kraft, valuing the confectionery business at £11.5 billion ($17.9 billion)."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8467007.stm

Kraft borrowed something like £7b to fund the deal, so job cuts are likely!

Not kidding.

Pics please, or i won't believe it to have happened.

It's as many people have said, Cadbury's was doing fine by itself. It wasn't in danger of collapse or anything. All it is really is that the Chief of Cadbury's, who happens to be American i might add sold it. Because he don't give a monkeys about British heritage.

That's not funny.

*bans*

It's Oompa-Loompa. Everyone who said it on this page was wrong. Should I ban you all?