NEurope
Retro_Link

Formula 1 2010

Great race... but then it would have been if there were still fuel stops... I think what no refuelling does is just make the boring tracks/races that much more boring, that is all.

Good drive from Button,

Great drive from Kubica,

Poor Vettel :(

Massa was a bit all over the place today! and that weaving infront of Webber was crazy!

But there is NO WAY that on race 2 of the season he should have to move over for Alonso... Brundle saying that really pissed me off! If Alonso's good enough he'll get round him.

Rosberg delivered a top drive yet again!

Schumacher... oh dear... him and Alonso were together after their bad starts... Alonso got past Jaime straight away! Schumy never did!

Pretty immense driving from Lewis, but man was he pissed!!!

haha, it was basically Blah Blah Round 2...

Edited by Retro_Link

Great race... but then it would have been if there were still fuel stops... I think what no refuelling does is just make the boring tracks/races that much more boring, that is all.

Good drive from Button,

Great drive from Kubica,

Poor Vettel :(

Massa was a bit all over the place today! and that weaving infront of Webber was crazy!

But there is NO WAY that on race 2 of the season he should have to move over for Alonso... Brundle saying that really pissed me off! If Alonso's good enough he'll get round him.

Rosberg delivered a top drive yet again!

Schumacher :laughing:... him and Alonso were together after their bad starts... Alonso got past Jaime straight away! Schumy never did!

Pretty immense driving from Lewis, but man was he pissed!!!

haha, it was basically Blah Blah Round 2 of...

It was very much round 2 of blah blah blah. I mean if he hadnt ballsed qulifying up then it probably woudnt have been an issue.

To be fair I think he had every right to be pissed off, immensely bad call from the team on him coming in for a second spot.

Good race I thought, wet weather as always mixing things up a bit. Bad luck for Red Bull, they seem to have the best speed but reliability is once again letting them down. Alonso and Ferrari seem to be the overall class of the field, to fall right down the field and end up in 4th shows he's going to be picking up big points at every race this year.

Glad we only have a week to wait for Malaysia, hopefully it will be wet there too.

Excellent race, decent overtaking and plenty of tense chases.

I was genuinely surprised when Lewis was called in, McLaren basically threw away an almost certain 1-2. It was only thanks to his driving they got anything decent out of it (or would have had Webber not locked up anyway). I'd be raging.

At what point can we pass the mantle of "Kamikaze Kid" from Sato to Kobayashi? He's been like a wrecking ball this weekend.

To be fair I think he had every right to be pissed off' date=' immensely bad call from the team on him coming in for a second spot.

[/quote']

I dont i think he fucked up this week getting knicked. It clearly effected his qualifying and maybe the team did make a bad call. But he should have just taken it on the chin after letting the team down over the last few days.

I agree it did seem to affect him in qualifying but come race day Hamilton was most certainly driving at his best, were it not for the team letting him down as gaggle said they were on for a 1-2 and based on how Hamilton was going at that point he most certainly could have won it.

Can someone explain to me why they removed in-race refueling? I thought it was one of the main tactical points of the race? How many stops you should have, what fuel load to start on and was just a very main thing in general... Surely removing it removes one of the biggest parts of the race, the pitstops...

Can someone explain to me why they removed in-race refueling? I thought it was one of the main tactical points of the race? How many stops you should have, what fuel load to start on and was just a very main thing in general... Surely removing it removes one of the biggest parts of the race, the pitstops...
Well teams still pit for tyres... they can effectively pit as many times as they want for those, or not at all, so there's a gamble/strategy aspect still there, it's just yet to come into effect because the tyres are too good!

The idea behind removing fuel stops was to try and encourage cars to pass each other on the track more, instead of cars simply putting in the fast lap when the car infront pitted for fuel... something that started happening because on track overtaking has become so difficult in F1.

The problem we have now is that it's still just as difficult to pass cars on the track, and we have no fuel stops. Thus unless we have a wet race, you're likely to actually see less overtaking until they ban the double diffuser in 2011 and take further steps to reduce the cars aero grip!

I agree it did seem to affect him in qualifying but come race day Hamilton was most certainly driving at his best' date=' were it not for the team letting him down as gaggle said they were on for a 1-2 and based on how Hamilton was going at that point he most certainly could have won it.[/quote']

I disagree here and with Lewis. I reckon he would have severely wrecked his tyres by the end due to his aggressive driving style, I think the team was right to pit him, he was just very, very unlucky that the Ferrari's and Kubica gambled on staying out. He probably could have achieved second but I doubt he would have been able to follow Button, pass him and still have decent tyres on which to finish the race. His attitude after the race was not brilliant, but at least he is passionate about winning and is by far the most exciting driver on the grid. Any more drives like that and the season is sure to be incredible.

Wasn't Lewis bleeting a couple of laps before they bought him in that his tyres had gone.

Seems rallying (and McLaren not wanting him to do any) was the only real reason Kimi didn't sign with McLaren... stupid, stupid McLaren!!

http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/news/2010/03/Whitmarsh_Bin_ein_grosser_Fan_von_Kimi_10031229.html

Question: "How realistic was a return of Kimi Räikkönen?"

MW: "I honestly admit that I am a big fan of Kimi. It was close, but it did not work. We've tried it, because together with Kimi, we still have a score to settle. He is super fast, exciting. I like his honesty and his way, but he has this penchant for the rally sport and that could have influenced the decision."

Anyways, nice to see Vettel keeping Kimi's image going...

First the hair, and now... :D

vettelkimi.jpg

Edited by Retro_Link

Seems rallying (and McLaren not wanting him to do any) was the only real reason Kimi didn't sign with McLaren... stupid, stupid McLaren!!

Why stupid. They have both of the last 2 world champions in there team. Why would they want a driver who is more concerned about driving a car down a muddy lane in wales?

Why stupid. They have both of the last 2 world champions in there team. Why would they want a driver who is more concerned about driving a car down a muddy lane in wales?
I meant purely from my point of view...

The fact that a simple thing like rallies is the reason he isn't tearing up the grid in a McLaren once again!

Speaking of McLaren, does anyone get the impression Heikki is perhaps still a tad disappointed at being dropped? Just look at his personal winter training regime -

haha yeah I'd seen posters/images of that, but not the video!

"The champions vs the worlds fastest Heikki".... :blank:

I meant purely from my point of view...

The fact that a simple thing like rallies is the reason he isn't tearing up the grid in a McLaren once again!

I dont think mclaren were asking too much i dont see any footballers (bar david beckham) moonlighting for other teams etc. They do a lot of stuff behind the scenes and im sure somewhere the two would clash. I mean its not like he was on min wage at Mclaren was it ha.

I am beginning to find it hard to see Vettel win the championship this year, he plants the car on pole both times yet mechanical failures are keeping him from having the maximum points he really should have. I believe he'll rue the massive haul of points he has missed again this season come the final race in Abu Dhabi. The sad thing is, it's no fault of his own, he has one of the fastest cars in the grid, it's so sad. Though he'll be F1 Champion in the future.

Totally agree with you, Emerald Emblem. I think this could well be the year that Vettel will be the guy who should have won it but the car let him down so much he doesn't - much like last year in fact.

Still, it leaves things open for Alonso to take :D

I dont think mclaren were asking too much i dont see any footballers (bar david beckham) moonlighting for other teams etc. They do a lot of stuff behind the scenes and im sure somewhere the two would clash. I mean its not like he was on min wage at Mclaren was it ha.
How would the two clash?... if he was racing for McLaren all he would want to do is take part in any rallies he could in the spare time like he did at Ferrari in the 4 week break. With no testing it makes perfect sense.

He wouldn't be moonlighting for another team, he could use his own car like he's done in the past, and being a McLaren/Mercedes figurehead hasn't stopped Hakkinen partaking in rallies in the past.

It's just the same corporate McLaren who wouldn't let Heikki participate in any rallies last year, despite him wanting too!

I am beginning to find it hard to see Vettel win the championship this year, he plants the car on pole both times yet mechanical failures are keeping him from having the maximum points he really should have. I believe he'll rue the massive haul of points he has missed again this season come the final race in Abu Dhabi. The sad thing is, it's no fault of his own, he has one of the fastest cars in the grid, it's so sad. Though he'll be F1 Champion in the future.
Yeah I agree!

What is it about Newey cars that always sees this happen?!

How would the two clash?... if he was racing for McLaren all he would want to do is take part in any rallies he could in the spare time like he did at Ferrari in the 4 week break. With no testing it makes perfect sense.

He wouldn't be moonlighting for another team, he could use his own car like he's done in the past, and being a McLaren/Mercedes figurehead hasn't stopped Hakkinen partaking in rallies in the past.

It's just the same corporate McLaren who wouldn't let Heikki participate in any rallies last year, despite him wanting too!

I just mean what if a sponser for Mclaren wanted him to be there figurehead for an event but there was a rally on that day? I just dont think for the money Mclaren pay the guy giving it your total attention is to much to ask. It is corporate Mclaren but at the end f the day F1 is a buisness just as much as it is a sport. From a corporate point of view they have a better driver set upany way having the past two world champions in there line up must be a big draw for sponsorship.

I just mean what if a sponser for Mclaren wanted him to be there figurehead for an event but there was a rally on that day? I just dont think for the money Mclaren pay the guy giving it your total attention is to much to ask. It is corporate Mclaren but at the end f the day F1 is a buisness just as much as it is a sport. From a corporate point of view they have a better driver set upany way having the past two world champions in there line up must be a big draw for sponsorship.
Hamilton and Button make far better sense for the UK market, but globally Kimi is the better option. I'd be inclined to say that outside of the UK market no one really gives much of a fuss about Button.

But anyways, what's done is done, I'm just dissapointed rallying is all it came down to is all. I'd have loved for him to have got that championship with McLaren... as they do to!

Just have to hope for Webbers Red Bull seat next year!

Oh and on the subject of Webber... anyone think he's getting a bit dangerous in his old age?!

He pulled some very questionable moves last year, and I just didn't know what to make of him on Sunday, he was all over the place, and then ruined Hamiltons race and Red Bulls points by being way too optimistic!

Wow great qualy session today! Loved it! Should be great watching Alonso, Jenson and Lewis make their way up from the back of the grid. Poor Chandok, he's got 3 world champions ahead of him for the run to turn 1 :D

Great gamble for Webber, really paid off given how much pressure was on him. Disappointed with the Schumacher result, P8 is disappointed seeing how fast he's been all week :/ Apparently he did one quick banker lap and then on the second lap his tyres had gone, whereas Rosberg did a slower banker one and had enough left for the next lap. Grrr oh well. Kinda annoying people on some forums are saying he's 'far past it' and how today proved 'he never had it', its the way things go in F1. Hell, Jenson had a poor run of 6-7 races last season doesn't mean he was rubbish!

Looking forward to a wet race tomorrow :)

I agree, the constant Schumacher bashing is getting annoying. There will be 2 or 3 races this season where he blows everyone else away, he just needs to re-adjust - He's 41 and has been out for 3 years. I'm sure he will get back in the rhythm again very soon...

Tomorrow's race will be great! I don't want a Red Bull win, Webber and Vettel have both irritated me recently. I was so annoyed with how Webber handled himself on track last week and it really made me question his ability, it was exciting to watch but he is very dangerous, Lewis demonstrated effectively how to do everything Webber was trying to do, before taking him out. I would love to see Sutil or Hulkenburg achieve a podium, I think it will carry forward the positive momentum from Australia and obviously watching the Maccas and the Ferraris running through the field will make for compelling viewing.

I really hope there are lots of incidents and Kovalinen scrapes through to earn some points! Would be amazing. :D