NEurope
Retro_Link

Formula 1 2010

As for the race... China's ok... but there's just something dull/grey/empty about it that I don't really like.

Could it be...Atmosphere?

EDIT: Red Bull 1-2, why am I not surprised? If it weren't for reliability issues, Red Bull might have this season won already.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Looks like tomorrows race is going to be anything but dry, should make for some good racing! Hopefully we'll see a few drivers with cars slightly set up for a wet race (Jensons already said they used a slightly wet set up) so we should see cars of varying pace :)

Fantastic race, really glad I got up early to watch it.

Jenson wins again

:cool: I must admit I chuckled when Lewis and Vettel shitted up their tyres and where overtaken by Truli. Kubica and Petrov where also both excellent. Bit gutted for Schumi though.

I missed the first 30 mins of the race. Satisfying race for the Brirish fans. Rosberg just seems more at 1 with the car than Schumacher this early on.

Renault proving they can still compete near the front of the grid, all the better for them. Williams aren't doing as well as they would have hoped, today the race for them was terrible, poor Hulkenburg beaten by a Lotus, but he pretty much fucked himself going out on slicks while the rain got worse, he ended up stopping 6 times. Just goes to show the kind of race it was. Now we enter Europe, around the time the big upgrades get added, let's see how it shakes up the order.

Really pleased for Rosberg, 2nd in the drivers championship now... that's quite an achievement considering the car he's got is 4th best. Superb!! :D

Shame Red Bull couldn't deliver again today :hmm:

Great race though!

Autosport and planet f1 forums are erupting with people saying Schumacher was 'never any good' and didn't deserve any of his titles. Hilarious how a man has one bad race in a car that he can barely control after being 3 years away from the sport and apparently this shows his 'true colours'. It's as bad, if not worse, than those that are convinced Kimi never had it and he fluked his 2007 title.

Autosport and planet f1 forums are erupting with people saying Schumacher was 'never any good' and didn't deserve any of his titles. Hilarious how a man has one bad race in a car that he can barely control after being 3 years away from the sport and apparently this shows his 'true colours'. It's as bad, if not worse, than those that are convinced Kimi never had it and he fluked his 2007 title.
Urgh don't get me started on that!

You're always gonna get those idiots! God knows I've had to read my fair share of it over the years (from moronic forum members) being a Kimi supporter! Especially from the 'betrayed' McLaren fanboys!

If Kimi didn't deserve his win in 2007... because of McLaren supposedly 'gifting' it to him... then Alonso didn't deserve his title in 2005 (when McLaren's unreliability 'gifted' it to him) and Hamilton didn't deserve his title in 2008 (when Ferrari's unreliability and stupidity 'gifted' it to him) and the DDD 'gifting' Jenson his 2009 win etc...

So many things have to conspire together for a driver to become WDC, but you've also got to have that extra special something to be in the fight in the first place.

Sure Schumacher may have had it easy for a few years, but there were also years when he was pushed right down to the wire and he came out on top... and again reliability and luck plays a part.

Michael's success largely came about from his ability at building the team around him... everything was setup to his preferences. He hasn't got that same luxury now. 2011 could be a very different story however!

Michael was saying yesterday that these Bridgestones are different to the ones he's used to. Raikkonen and Alonso had the same trouble in 2007 having to make the switch from Michellin, and again drivers struggled in 2008 getting heat into the tyres for qualifying. But these fanboys are too narrow minded to see the bigger picture.

Edited by Retro_Link

I'm certainly rooting for Schumi to beat Rosberg. Once you've seen Nico's website you can't not really. I hope Schumi sticks it out for at least this and the next season, for his and Mercs sake. It might take longer then expected but I'm still certain they can build something world beating between them with his experience and innate talent. So long as he still has the fitness, you just don't loose skills like his.

So long as he still has the fitness, you just don't loose skills like his.

I really hope you're right, right now though it looks like he's totally lost it. He needs to improve big time if he's going to be in with a shout of beating Rosberg.

Another great race, Hamilton and Alonso once again proving they're the best racers out there. Hopefully we will have many more wet races this season.

Not having been a Schumacher fan, it certainly is refreshing watching the current situation though!

It's strange to see newbies like Alguersuari and Petrov legitamately being able to overtake him for position!

Edited by Retro_Link

The Sauber is a pretty bad car from a reliability perspective, has a Sauber finished a race yet?

EDIT: Only De La Rosa in Australia

Edited by Emerald Emblem

I thought Sauber were going to be the dark horse this season but they've been so poor it's so frustrating to see :( Shame i like Kobi and PDR deserves a run in the points, i've always like him. Renault though have been been BRILLIANT. Wouldn't be surprised to see Kubica win a race this season if we get a race with a bit of drama.

James Allen has just posted a Schumacher article on his blog. Basically he says there are two things holding him back atm; the car is understeering a lot which is completely against his driving style, even though he can adjust to it it's still hindering him. The other thing, quite obviously, is the tyres. He hasn't driven on these types of slicks before, whereas all the other drivers have had a year on them. This is similar to Kimi and Alonso having to adjust to the Bridgestones on 07 from Michelin, one of the reasons why Lewis was able to get them so well. It's gonna take him a lot of time to adjust to these unfortunately :( That said, mercedes have apparently already reduced the work force for next season (cost reducing measures); I'm sure a part of Schumi is just treating this as a testing season and waiting til next year.

By the way, did anyone else question both Hamilton and Alonso's moves entering the pitlane?

To me it looked like they both cut the corner and gaining an advantage (*yawn*... but still) over the car they overtook, stealing a place...

*Apologies for the music!*

35bxzz5.gif

Am I missing something?... because all 4 wheels are definately off the line of the track.

Personally I'm not all that fussed, but they've enforced penalties for that before.

Edited by Retro_Link

They were both a little dodgy imo. Not 100% sure why they weren't called up on it. Just glad Alonso didn't have to sit behind Massa again, could have been another race stuck behind if he hadn't of made the move then.

I am regretting putting £20 on Mass for the driver's title. Stupid decision. Alonso is in another league, when Rob Smedley had to tell him what line to take in Australia I knew it was over. Weird because he seemed so good in 2008, maybe the crash had quite a big impact on him.

I am regretting putting £20 on Mass for the driver's title. Stupid decision. Alonso is in another league, when Rob Smedley had to tell him what line to take in Australia I knew it was over. Weird because he seemed so good in 2008, maybe the crash had quite a big impact on him.
Yeah, though Smedley's always been telling him what lines to drive, I can remember them talking about it other years. I think in 2008 he just had the perfect car to suit his driving style, and he's still a fantastic driver, just maybe not as good over a full tank race distance, and (as Smedleys guidance demonstrates) not as naturally gifted as Alonso!

Alonso's move on massa was basically him going 'You're not holding me up again, I am the better driver....FOR SURE'.

Massa is quick and on his he is VERY quick, but he's hardly the type of driver capable of fighting through the grid. Fernando is, imo, by far the quickest F1 driver, he is just so complete in every regard. Lewis might be lightning quick over a few laps but over race distance Alonso is streaks ahead. He is also so amazing at defensive driving; watch the Schumacher-Alonso battle from imola 2005 on youtube if you don't rmemeber, but I remember sitting infront of the TV at a loss for words as Schumacher couldn't get past him. Fantastic.

Massa is quick but he's in that second tier of F1 drivers along with someone like Webber. I used to put Button in that tier but i've begun to re-evaluate him, he's surprised me this year.

How is there another weekend of no F1 coming up? I am not happy about this! I thought for sure it was time for some F1.

Anyone planning on going to any of the races this year? I've been looking into it and should be going to the final race in Dubai so long as I can get a ticket for the race. Also hoping to do Korea if the track is sorted out in time.

How is there another weekend of no F1 coming up? I am not happy about this! I thought for sure it was time for some F1.

Anyone planning on going to any of the races this year? I've been looking into it and should be going to the final race in Dubai so long as I can get a ticket for the race. Also hoping to do Korea if the track is sorted out in time.

I am poor and have no money :P

I'm glad of the break to be honest. My dissertation is in the day before Barcelona weekend kicks off so now I'm cracking on with work and ignoring checking websites for news.

Korea and Dubai? Mate you've picked possibly the 2 least atmospheric races of the season! Go Spa/Monza/Suzuka/Interlagos.

I actually thought Dubai was alright last year, certainly not as bad as the other recent additions to the calendar. Obviously they're not the very best races to go to but there are other reasons behind picking them, Dubai as I now know people out there who I can stay with and Korea as I wanted a holiday there anyway and thought why not align it with the GP?

I don't like to talk about the Spa race, I was invited to go with the Lotus Club as a drive across Europe + GP extended weekend, unfortunately the car isn't going to be up to it. :sad:

I actually thought Dubai was alright last year' date=' certainly not as bad as the other recent additions to the calendar. Obviously they're not the very best races to go to but there are other reasons behind picking them, Dubai as I now know people out there who I can stay with and Korea as I wanted a holiday there anyway and thought why not align it with the GP?

I don't like to talk about the Spa race, I was invited to go with the Lotus Club as a drive across Europe + GP extended weekend, unfortunately the car isn't going to be up to it. :sad:[/quote']

Actually fair play on korea if that's the case, nothing to spice up a holiday more than F1 :D Unlucky about the Spa thing :/

Man I'm so desperate to go to Spa or Monza this year :( It's a shame none of my friends are into F1, i would LOVE to go :D God dammit why can't people be more like you forum folk :heh: