NEurope
Retro_Link

Formula 1 2010

Good qualifying session. Bit disappointing from Kubica and Button though.

If Sebastian Vettel pointed that finger near me, I'd snap it off. Does he realise how much of a prick he looks like when he does that, I hope his car fails tomorrow and shuts him up, or even better, Webber beats him into turn 1 fair and square to win the race...

I complained about Legard to the BBC today, he made FAR too many mistakes in qualifying, he's a dreadful commentator.

...back to the slippers and pipe. :)

Lol at the Legard complaint! I don't know if you go on the Autosport forums but the Legard thread is full of people who are always complaining about him, he makes FAR too many mistakes!

Also I'm starting to hate Vettel, he's just TOO nice and media groomed and that makes his personality completely fake. I really want Webber to win the title this year, would be great if he beat his younger team mate who is apparently the next big thing.

Mercedes are dropping back and fast!! Saw Michael on the radio with Fry and they mentioned he had no power steering? Nothing is going right for that team.

Yeah Legards an absolute JOKE, I actually cannot stand the guy! He talks about such nonsensical stuff, and as though you've never watched a GP before (which ironically it often seems is the case with him).

Yeah, after Kubica's Q2, I was hoping for a little more, but still a very good result considering!

Impressive from Williams today!! Where'd that come from!

How boring was todays build up show! They're doing that stupid 'comparing the top 4 teams' feature way too often, with the same lame music. And it's not even 'the 4 top teams', because Merc have underperformed, and really Renault should be in there now.

Power steering problem for Michael... just a fake excuse over the radio for the audience to hear more likely!

Yeah would be good for Webber to get a title I suppose, but I couldn't honestly say he's deserving of a WDC IMO. 1 good season out of who knows how many & with by far the best car, doesn't really a WDC make!

Edited by Retro_Link

Yeah Legards an absolute JOKE, I actually cannot stand the guy! He talks about such nonsensical stuff, and as though you've never watched a GP before (which ironically it often seems is the case with him).

Yeah, after Kubica's Q2, I was hoping for a little more, but still a very good result considering!

Impressive from Williams today!! Where'd that come from!

How boring was todays build up show! They're doing that stupid 'comparing the top 4 teams' feature way too often, with the same lame music. And it's not even 'the 4 top teams', because Merc have underperformed, and really Renault should be in there now.

Power steering problem for Michael... just a fake excuse over the radio for the audience to hear more likely!

Yeah would be good for Webber to get a title I suppose, but I couldn't honestly say he's deserving of a WDC IMO. 1 good season out of who knows how many & with by far the best car, doesn't really a WDC make!

Jenson Button?

And tbh Retro, Mark has always been stupidly quick. I remember at Minardi when he got a 5th place for Minardi in his first race! He's been unfortunate and always ended up at the wrong team. In 2005 he went to Williams who were poor for a couple seasons and he was also at Jaguar at one point (who were a joke), when he instead had an offer at Renault but chose Williams instead. His career would have been far different apart from this. He did wonders with that Williams car too, and the jag too.

Jenson Button?

And tbh Retro, Mark has always been stupidly quick. I remember at Minardi when he got a 5th place for Minardi in his first race! He's been unfortunate and always ended up at the wrong team. In 2005 he went to Williams who were poor for a couple seasons and he was also at Jaguar at one point (who were a joke), when he instead had an offer at Renault but chose Williams instead. His career would have been far different apart from this. He did wonders with that Williams car too, and the jag too.

I agree, I've always rated Webber, I think he's very quick and is probably faster than Vettel overall. He is a bit inconsistent (Australian GP), but in general I think he's found the car in which he can showcase his talents. He's certainly not at the level of Hamilton or Alonso, however I think he can mix it with the best and if he won the title this year, he'd be deserving of it - For me his drive at Nurburgring last year, and Monaco this year really showcased his raw speed and talent, which lead me to this conclusion.

Jenson = well I rest my case, or at least I'm still reluctant to class him with the F1 elite.

Webber, surely if he was an outstanding talent, a top team would have offered him a drive at some stage. I don't doubt he's very talented amd fast, but fully deserving of a WDC I'm not sure, it would be more like a lifetime achievement award!

But tbh I'd probably like to see him win it! :D

EDIT: I've always liked him aswell.

I never mentioned in my previous post but on Thursday I'm going to the FOTA fans forum in London! :D I can't wait, won my place on James Allen's website.

It's a 90-minute Question Time style set-up which includes Martin Whitmarsh (McLaren Boss), Tony Fernandes (Lotus Boss), Jock Clear (Mercedes race engineer), Luca Colajanni (Ferrari press officer) and Paul Di Resta (Force India reserve driver).

The question I got selected on is Has the modern advancements in technology taken an element of driver skill away from the sport, or has Formula one always been technologically driven, with driver skill taking a back seat to modern advancements? Well, that wasn't the exact wording, but it was along those lines!

I hope enough people at the forum voice their negative views on adjustable rear wings, the last thing I want to see next year is easy overtaking for the overtaking's sake. I think the removal of the DDD and wing regulations should be given a chance first, especially with KERS coming back. I think ARWs will make it impossible for drivers to defend a position and could damage the competitive nature of the sport, but I guess time will tell.

I'm gonna miss the GP tomorrow because I'll be working. Frankly I'll probably be happier in the long run. Wish I wasn't missing the football though. :heh:

Tbf Gaggle i've decided to go to the gym to avoid that dull procession, truly gonna be awful.

Ooo Nicktendo, have fun! I was gonna go to that but turns out I'm skint and can't get there dammit :heh: Allen left a reply to a message i left on the blog though saying that they were 'working on' a possible way to stream it to people who aren't there. It's a brilliant idea.

Edit:

Holy shit. Webber's accident, easily the scariest thing i've ever seen. Wow. I feel sick, gotta admit I thought he was a gonna, terrifying :/

Also, why does Rosberg get such bad starts? Schumacher currently 3rd huh?

EDIT (again):

Fucking Mercedes.

Edited by Goron_3

Kamui_Kobayashi_300.jpg

I will drink your soul

Awesome race. Gonna be interesting to see where this investigation goes.

That was great. Can't believe Webber came out unscathed after that tumble.

LOL@ 9 cars coming under investigation all at once. Hamilton's penalty was rather harsh, it was bloody close between him and safety car passing each other. Shame he couldn't catch up to Vettel to put him under pressure at least.

Kobayashi was immense on that last turn/last two laps. Made it exciting right until the end.

Kobayashi was absolutely brilliant! Omg give him Massa's drive, amazing.

Did anyone see his move on Alonso? The Sauber was sideways I tell yas!

At the start of the season, I was pulling my hair out over Kobayashi's lost potential at Sauber. He was clearly better than that team, and it's just a shame Toyota pulled out.

Now though, I'd be perfectly happy to see Sauber carry on with this momentum with these drivers. Kobayashi's speed and de la Rosa's consistency could really push the team to where they should be.

I was surprised today, this was a fantastic race! My heart was in my mouth when Webber crashed, but I was so happy when he threw the steering wheel out and was obviously ok.

Great race, tense throughout, and Koba was amazing at the end. I'm really thoroughly enjoying this season.

I am so disappointed at the complete idiots on the Autosport forums, some of the comments over there are disgusting, regarding Hamilton/Alonso and Charlie Whiting. Funny how gamers don't descend into mindless xenophobic bollocks but 'grown adults' on a motor racing forum do... much love to N.E. :love:

EDIT: The 9 drivers under investigation for pit-lane speeding have been awarded 5-second penalties, which means the final result is as follows...

1. Vettel

2. Hamilton

3. Button

4. Barichello

5. Kubica

6. Sutil

7. Kobayashi

8. Alonso

9. Buemi

10. Rosberg

Alonso moves ahead of Buemi and Rosberg jumps De La Rosa for the final points position.

Edited by Nicktendo

I'm happy the penalties weren't harsher, Brilliant 4th for Barrichello still thanks to that. The day Germany knock out England in the world cup is the day Vettel got his campaign back on track.

Kobayashi, he's such a hot prospect.

Here's Jock Clear ripping me to pieces at the FOTA Fan Forum...

EDIT - I want to defend my question. What I was getting at was the fact that as the sport has developed we have seen the introduction of many things to aid the drivers... radio technology, telemetry, semi-automatic gears, carbon brake discs, traction control... the list is endless. In 'the good old days' the drivers had to work a hell of a lot harder to achieve the desired results. Messrs Mansell, Senna, Stewart and Prost, hell even Fangio and Moss had only a fraction of the driver aids today's crop have. So my argument centred around less room for error leading to the fact that the sport is PERCEIVED as boring. Jock basically told me I was talking out of my arse, while I respect what he says and believe he is right in some degree the drivers that win championships are the best, I can't help but feel he kind of missed my point a bit.

It was a really, really good day! Lasted 2 whole hours and we got through lots of questions. I was really pleased with the responses everyone gave, a lot of variation and they all had an open mind as to the direction the sport should take. Check out the other videos, they offer some really good insight into the varying opinions of those that matter in F1.

Edited by Nicktendo

Good question and a good answer I thought - would have loved to of been there. Was it at Bafta? It looked it from the entrance, you may have said earlier but I'm not sure.

If I get a chance I'll definitely watch through the videos.

So glad we're back at Silverstone :D Awesome track, great atmosphere, love it.

Disappointed about Red Bull giving Vettel Webbers new wing after his went off in practice; he is clearly the favoured driver there and according to James Allen's blog Webber was furious behind the scenes after the press conference. Would love it if he stuck one up the inside of Vettel tomorrow.

Real shame for Mclaren, update didn't work at all and it seems only Fernando is capable of taking the Red Bull's and even then hes miles slower too :/

Good to see Ferrari pulling themselves back into the mix. Difficult to say if the Red Bulls will dominate the race, they always lock out the front row but McLaren have had a pretty good pace over the main event in previous rounds. Should be a decent spectacle tomorrow.

That first lap was just...Wow.

Mclaren sure saved their blushes there, Brilliant 2nd from Hamilton and 4th for Button. Alonso will be seething there. Man of the hour though Mark Webber, take that Vettel!

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Great race, Webber just strolled away with it. Hamilton put in an amazing performance just to stay in sight of him. Mclaren need to get their car on par with Red Bull quick - once they do Lewis will probably be able to tear the Red Bulls a new one. I also think it's quite funny how everyone keeps talking up the Lewis/Jenson tension only for everything to kick off a couple of garages along. "Not bad for a number 2 driver." Indeed.

Karma is a bitch Sebastian... I really hope Webber wins the Driver's Championship now.

Really enjoyed today's Race, new Silverstone was a success!! Great performance by Rubens and Kobayashi, Button drove a great race and strategy. Kudos to Hamilton for pegging Webber for most of the race and good to see Roseberg back on the podium. Felt sorry for Alonso today, the penalty was too harsh, especially considering the safety car came out.

Close racing but felt quite boring imo. I'm very glad webber managed to win having had the good parts taken away from him beforehand.

Alonso's season just seems to be one big ball of bad luck, he's doing amazingly well overall considering. I'm hoping he can have a better second half to the season, would love him to still be in the running come the last race.

Barichello, 8 points 2 races ago, now on 29

Kobayashi, 1 point 2 races ago, now on 15

Seems Williams and Saubers fortunes are changing.

Barichello, 8 points 2 races ago, now on 29

Kobayashi, 1 point 2 races ago, now on 15

Seems Williams and Saubers fortunes are changing.

Here's hoping. De La Rosa's been having a bit of a time of it recently, though. Demoted from 10th to 12th in Valencia, and was on track for a 10th today before the rear shunt from Liuzzi.