NEurope
Retro_Link

Formula 1 2010

Actualy think this has been blown entirley out of proportion by the press (for a change) I refuse to believe that any team in the same situation (drivers points in the championship etc) would not have done the same thing. Despite what Christian Horner said. Also found Eddie getting on his high horse amusing must have imagined him ordering Ralf Schumacher not to overtake Damon at Spa all those year ago.

Perhaps i'm a cynic but at no point after the start when it was Ferrari 1-2 did I ever imagine Alonso wouldnt be allowed to get past Massa. The way Ferrari went about it was shit, getting Smedley to tell Massa it should have come from Stefano. Massa however is a smart guy and I dont imagine for a 2nd he wasn't expecting it to happen.

Having said that I like Massa and hope he thumps everybody in Hungary at the weekend. (Although Alonso will win it comfortably)

Eddie Jordan had a fair enough point though in that... it wasn't in the rule book when he did it in the past, and being a rule now, it should be adhered to, just like the number of tyres a team can use, the rules for wing development etc...

But then yeah it's always been a rule that all teams have 'broken' when they've needed to!

Anyone else think Smedley could be getting an ABSOLUTE rollicking over all this?!

Basically if it hadn't been for him phrasing the message in the obvious way he did... (drawing attention to it and letting Felipe and the world know exactly what the true meaning was) most people would have probably just let it go!

Though he shouldn't really have been put in that position, or at least used the excuse of fuel saving... or just said Fernando is much faster on this tyre set and you're holding him up.

Eddie Jordan had a fair enough point though in that... it wasn't in the rule book when he did it in the past, and being a rule now, it should be adhered to, just like the number of tyres a team can use, the rules for wing development etc...

But then yeah it's always been a rule that all teams have 'broken' when they've needed to!

Anyone else think Smedley could be getting an ABSOLUTE rollicking over all this?!

Basically if it hadn't been for him phrasing the message in the obvious way he did... (drawing attention to it and letting Felipe and the world know exactly what the true meaning was) most people would have probably just let it go!

Though he shouldn't really have been put in that position, or at least used the excuse of fuel saving... or just said Fernando is much faster on this tyre set and you're holding him up.

Ironically the most subtle team order ever seen in F1 was the whole 'crash into a wall Piquet' command from 2008. How no one realised it at the time, just amazing.

I won't go into detail, But I'm tending to agree with Retro's points here. However, Goron also makes some valid points... I just hate the fact that the fans have been deprived of racing at a formula one race ::shrug:

Imagine if the shoe was on the other foot, Massa is 31 points up in the championship with Nine races to go and he's second to Alonso whilst being unable to pass despite 'being faster.'

Would Fernando move over...? I think we all know the answer to that.

Either ban the rule, or ban Ferrari (for the next race / take away the team points), but don't let the formula one teams take the piss out of the fans any more, because it's just embarrassing.

I don't mind what Ferrari did, all the top teams would have done the same no matter what they say.

I don't mind what Ferrari did, all the top teams would have done the same no matter what they say.
With 9 race results & 225 points still available (as it was on Sunday), wouldn't most teams (and shouldn't Ferrari) just be happy with the 1-2 finish, and not which driver got just 7 additional points!

but don't let the formula one teams take the piss out of the fans any more, because it's just embarrassing.
This is the most important thing! The worst part for me was Ferrari's lies, and taking us for absolute idiots! Edited by Retro_Link

Ferrari had to talk like that Retro because of the stupid rule in the first place. After the radio conversation came out in such a manner there isn't much else they could do (they didnt have time to talk to both their drivers before the press conference).

And retro, you say it's just 7 points but Fernando lost out in Silverstone and Valencia because of iffy stewarding, in Canada due to backmarkers, then his own mistake in China when he jumped the start and when Jenson hit him off the road in Australia. 7 points is a lot, considering how close it finished in 2003, 2007 and 2008. Hell, you could include 2006 on there too if schumachers engine didn't go. He needs every point he can get.

All I can really say is I think halfway through the season is too early to back a driver.

To mention races as early back as Australia & China... they might aswell just back him from the start of a season!

Ferrari adopted a driver equality programe with Massa and Raikkonen and it won them 1 WDC, 2 WCC and they missed out on a 2nd WDC by 1 point! You couldn't ask for much more!

Edited by Retro_Link

So Kamui was handed a five place grid penalty for his hilarious ignorance. Harsh. Watching him fight back up the field will probably be far more interesting than the front of pack. Red Bull... Ferrari... zzzz

I cant believe how quick the Red Bull is.

Incredible. Over a second faster than the Mclaren in the middle sector alone, just amazing.

Red Bull are impossibly good form this weekend. How are Ferrari or McLaren supposed to beat a car that can shift up round corners everyone else is shifting down on? Alonso is more then a second away in third! It's Red Bull's to loose (again.)

HOLY CRAP what a race!!! Lap 30 and it's Alonso vs Webber. Unbelievable.

(can't believe I'm saying that about Hungary)

Loving this, going to be a great result for the championship.

Just watching Webber's stint, this is easily one of the best stints I've seen since Schumacher in 98. Jeez he's got the car on the limit! The Vettel-Alonso fight is shaping up well too! Couple of laps time and Webber could have it...

Well done Webber! Fantastic race.

Also, very impressed with Hulkenburg, Petrov, DLR and Koba, great to see them all in the points.

Edited by Goron_3

Fantastic race, what a surprise!! Loved it!!

That Pit Stop was insane!

It was a great drive from Webber!... though the car can take a good percentage of that credit!... it's absolutely awesome!!

Great to see some others finish in the points, well done to Petrov!

And for a split second there I thought Rubens was a gonna!... Michael can fuck off as far as I'm concerned!

Fantastic race, what a surprise!! Loved it!!

That Pit Stop was insane!

It was a great drive from Webber!... though the car can take a good percentage of that credit!... it's absolutely awesome!!

Great to see some others finish in the points, well done to Petrov!

And for a split second there I thought Rubens was a gonna!... Michael can fuck off as far as I'm concerned!

If senna had done that he'd be called a hero (not that im defending it!). We've seen moves like that from others this season though and no one has spoken out about it which is annoying.

Vettel came close on Webber at Silverstone but not withing a cm of the wall, and the difference was, Vettels was an instinctive defensive action off the start, Michael planned his, having had similar battles on previous laps and having the chance to watch Rubens on the straight in his mirrors.

The guy's getting desperate, and in his desperation to not look a complete failure from his comeback, he's getting dangerous.

Senna was also dangerous... but someone elses actions some 20 years ago doesn't excuse Michael actions today!

Also F1 was more dangerous in it's entirity back then, it's in a different era today!

I'm sure at the time Senna took a lot of slack for his dangerous driving, but he's since passed away, and thus people are more enclined to remember the talent.

Schumacher may well be remembered the same way, but he's certainly setting about ruining his legacy.

There's no excuse for putting someones life in danger! When it comes down to it racers are supposed to be able to trust one another.

Schumacher is a prick. Why did he do that? you can clearly see him looking in his mirrors for Rubens then bang moves over and almost has him in the wall. Evil!!

Anyway, Great drive from Webber in the end, well deserved victory (helped out by safety car of course).

My thoughts in a series of nutshells:

1. Bad luck Hamilton, bad luck combined with slight carelessness Vettel.

2. Well done Webber, well done especially Red Bull.

3. What Schumacher did was wrong, but it's not a new thing. He's always been like that.

4. Bravo Kobayashi, from 23rd to 9th.

5. 'Tis a vintage age for F1 and I'll fight anyone who disagrees, bare-chested in the street.

I'll see you all again come 'Spa at the end of the month. Looking forward to it.

Renault are going to run tours of it's Oxfordshire based factory!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85842

Renault offers unique factory tours

The Renault Formula 1 team is to open its doors to the public as part of National Motorsport Week from 11-13 August.

During the unique tours, fans can explore the team's Computational Aerodynamics Research Centre, try the state of the art simulator, meet Renault's mechanics, and take part in an interactive pitstop challenge and have a go at a steering wheel starting procedure simulation.

There will also be a chance to get a taste of the team's history, with the Heritage and Communication Centre open for viewing of iconic F1 Renaults such as the RE30, RE40, RE50 and the more recent R25, plus the Benetton-Renault B195 that Michael Schumacher took to the 1995 title.

The tours take place on Wednesday 11, Thursday 12 and Friday 13 August, at 9am, 11am, 1pm or 3pm.

Tickets cost £60 per adult, £10 per child or £80 for a family group of two adults and two children. 70 per cent of the ticket price is donated for the Motorsport Foundation, and all tickets purchased go into a draw to win six team caps signed by Robert Kubica and Vitaly Petrov.

Tickets: http://www.the-mia.com/Events-Diary

Definately considering this!

That's amazing! MAJORLY tempted :D

Retro if you go I could meet you there? Also where is it?!

Would go if it was within a days drive...but I'm guessing it won't be :(