NEurope
Retro_Link

Formula 1 2010

WTF another street race?! Seriously what's the point? I mean Valencia was bad enough and Singapore is a novelty. We'll lose Turkey after this year I'm sure and then we'll most likely start losing out on European races to make way for tracks in India/Russia/who cares.

Fuck off with the street races, give me roads surrounded by gorgeous scenary, it's not hard. Spa, Monza, A1 Ring are all great examples of the type of tracks we should be racing on.

I know, I just don't get it.

I'd much rather see France (or somewhere) back on the calander than Italy handed another race!

Might have to rebrand the sport TSR! soon... Tilke Street Racing!

Also...

Tyre advantage boosts Sauber's hopes

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81937

BMW Sauber has a real chance of becoming a thorn in the side of Formula 1's 'big four' teams this year because its car is so good at looking after its tyres, Bridgestone analysis has revealed.
Be nice to see! Edited by Retro_Link

I'll be OK with this if Valencia gets cut to make way for it. Watching the drivers sitting in a vat of wall paper paste playing Ludo would be preferable to Valencia, for us and them.

I'll be OK with this if Valencia gets cut to make way for it. Watching the drivers sitting in a vat of wall paper paste playing Ludo would be preferable to Valencia, for us and them.

I swear Valencia has a ridiculously long contract though :(

As much as I like Rome, and the sound of an NYC track, street races suck. We need a country in Europe to build a nice new circuit with lots of nice corners for overtaking on.

Here's a thought - If they really, really want a second Italian GP, who in their right mind would spend all that cash buying then building a Rome GP when you could just rebuild Imola?

Here's a thought - If they really, really want a second Italian GP, who in their right mind would spend all that cash buying then building a Rome GP when you could just rebuild Imola?

Because the spectacle of a Rome GP would make Bernie more cash. Simple economics, ignore what everyone, even the teams and drivers want in order to make more money. Hopefully he will 'come of age' before 2013.

I'm really really looking forward to the weekend now, so glad F1 is about the restart. Loving all of the hype getting into action.

Who does everyone pick for qualifying and the race? I'm going to go with Vettel for pole and Alonso the race win.

Im going to say scumi for the win just because it would be a good story lol

With big straights and tricky overtaking I'm going to plump for Hamilton to win from pole.

At any rate, this first race should be great, if not then there is the tone for the rest of the season.

I dunno about that Emerald, Bahrain isn't the most interesting of races unfortunately. It won't be until Melbourne until we'll know what to expect.

As for the win, I'm saying Massa as he's always been strong here.

I dunno about that Emerald, Bahrain isn't the most interesting of races unfortunately. It won't be until Melbourne until we'll know what to expect.

As for the win, I'm saying Massa as he's always been strong here.

Yeah I think it will all really kick off in Australia, however, Bahrain is very, very hard on the tyres. Bridgestone are bringing the mediums and Super-softs which means the super-softs will be great for qualifying but get destroyed very quickly. Who ever qualifies on them will be very brave, going for pole but having to pit early. I think who ever manages the super-softs well will stand a good chance, people like Button and Alonso, who are smooth with the tyres. Hamilton has to be careful as he is known to wreck them. However, Ayrton Senna once pitted 7 times in a race for new tyres and won. I hope it's a good race, I hope the big 4 are very closely matched and I hope Sauber, Force India, Renualt and Williams are right up there as well. It really should be a fantastic weekend.

I have £20 on Massa at 11/1 for the WDC so hopefully he can win me £240 come november. Of all the drivers on the field, he deserves it the most. He was desperately unlucky in 2008, completely out-classed Kimi and while I rate Alonso, I don't think he is better than Massa.

In that hopefully there will actually be some?!

It's not usually until Europe that we start getting a true idea of what teams are where.

Bahrains extremely hot... best tyre wear wins?

Australia's very unique, tends to favour certain cars, little overtaking... pole sitter wins?

Malaysia, could be extremely hot, humid, monsoon?... luck wins?

But I'm hyped now!

First F1 2010 game screen shots anyone?

4422286522_088ee51fc3.jpg

4422286608_2afe452d91.jpg

I'll go start a proper thread in the consoles board in a bit.

They do look great, and the game should be good too going on previous games using the same engine. Only problem for me is the release timing, why can people never get F1 games out in time for the actual season they represent?

If those are indeed gameplay screens then it looks absolutely sublime. I could see DLC with car upgrades over the season.

^ tbf we're the only people who will use the thread!

I know, but we have to try. :heh:

So, anyway - how many people this time last year thought we'd ever be looking at a picture like this?

Michael-Schumacher-001.jpg

Edited by gaggle64
Automerged Doublepost

Schumacher :D:D:D

Hate him or love him, it's great to have him back. It's a great question; can an old guy with 7 titles under his belt who hasn't driven in 3 seasons come back to win races and even a championship? I know a lot of people out there can't stand the guy but he's done incredible things, truly out of the world things with a F1 car and I can't wait to see him and Hamilton going together into turn 1 and seeing who lifts off first......

:D