NEurope
Retro_Link

Formula 1 2010

Stefan GP seem like another waste of time to me.

They seem like the only people who can come straight to the grid. The FIA would be crazy to give a grid place to anyone but stefan GP.

I just don't see what they bring to F1 other than numbers.

True, they don't bring an awful lot. Apparently the car that Toyota was working on was good though. I'll be excited to see Villeneuve back, but apart from numbers they don't have a lot to offer. Yes, while they make up more numbers this also gives more chance for overtaking, incidents etc...

The whole thing with USF1 has turned into a mess. Speculation is that the 2 guys who run the thing are incompetent control freaks who've already had drastically unsuccessful F1 teams in the past. Apparently they operated a system where everything had to be run by and approved by them which ended up taking up too much time and everything fell way behind schedule. USF1 were one of the first teams to sign up for next year AND did it before the budget cap, it just highlights how incompetent they've been and the sooner they disappear the better.

I bet Dave Richards is kicking himself after all this. The guy took Jenson Button to third in the world championship in a bloody BAR and now he has to watch they fools make a mockery of the sport.

In the meantime though, I'd just give the spot to Stefan GP and let the American's concentrate on Indy Racing despite already f-ing that up spectacularly.

Stefan GP look like the only new team that would be midfield from the get go and they have a good car to build on if it isn't quite on the back end of the established F1 teams. Toyota did have a good car before that just lacked long distance pace for the most part.

I don't see how they can realistically enter into a season with zero data!... on reliability, tyre wear, long runs etc... If they do enter this year I reckon they'd be seconds off the pace.

Plus I dunno, looking at Villeneuve now I question if he could handle a full race distance in Bahrain/Malaysia etc...

1267292306.jpg

With toyota having done the ground work i think they could still do better than lotus etc.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81819

USF1 Finally bite the dust!! :yay:

It's official. USF1 have shut down. Finally the saga is over. The 'dream' ('cause let's face it, that's all it ever was) is over. Hopefully Stefan GP get in and we can concentrate on the season ahead instead of egos, bullshit and speculation.

You've GOT to be kidding me!!...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81821

Campos to race under Hispania name

The Campos Meta 1 team will race under the name HRT F1 - Hispania Racing F1 Team - following Jose Ramon Carabante's acquisition of the Spanish outfit last month.

HRT... or Hormone Replacement Therapy F1!!

And there was me thinking Campos was a bad name!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81819

USF1 Finally bite the dust!! :yay:

It's official. USF1 have shut down. Finally the saga is over. The 'dream' ('cause let's face it, that's all it ever was) is over. Hopefully Stefan GP get in and we can concentrate on the season ahead instead of egos, bullshit and speculation.

Haven't seen the latest news on BBC F1 page? They aren't out unless they can't deffer to 2011. Nearly but not quite out yet.

there out why let the deffer an entire season when theres a team ready to race. And could have a half decent car to do it with?

It just not going to happen. Theres nothing to say that they will be ready to race in a years time or even 10 years time lol.

They do have a car!

HRT F1 (Campos) Unveil their 2010 Car...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81850

The new HRT Formula 1 team unveiled its 2010 challenger on Thursday - just more than a week before the car is set to hit the tracks at the season-opening Bahrain Grand Prix.

With the Spanish team having announced that Karun Chandhok will partner Bruno Senna, both drivers were present at the launch that took place in the city of Murcia.

The HRT challenger has been designed by Italian racing car constructor Dallara - which endured weeks of uncertainty in its preparation following financial problems with the outfit when it was known as Campos.

With no testing allowed before the start of the season, HRT's car is likely to run for the first time during Friday free practice in Bahrain.

campos1.jpg

campos2.jpg

campos3.jpg

campos4.jpg

Mmmm... grey!

Come Bahrain Free Practice, the other teams better stay out the way of this one!!

Well at least with 6 cars now at the back of the grid, we might have some decent action back there!

Edited by Retro_Link

Can't wait to see some all-of-nothing moves being made for that vital 23th position!

Also wtf Monaco is gonna be PACKED :o A lap round there is under 70 seconds right? With 24 cars on the grid, with the slowest SECONDS off the pace there's gonna be some problems overtaking me thinks :/

Heikki, Trulli and Glock should behave themselves, but hopefully Senna, Chandhok, di Grassi, Buemi and Alguersuari will spice up the back of the grid!

I don't think Monaco even have room for the garages do they?!

Heikki, Trulli and Glock should behave themselves, but hopefully Senna, Chandhok, di Grassi, Buemi and Alguersuari will spice up the back of the grid!

I don't think Monaco even have room for the garages do they?!

I would kind of hope someone had already thaught of that lol

Looks like this season is going to be a good one. I've really got into F1 again over the past couple of years so I'm looking forward to it! Hopefully I'll be able to catch most of the GPs.... I work Sunday's up until 1-2pm...

ROFL!! :laughing:

Buemi seems to have 'F1 car noise' confused with 'chicken noise',

Thumbs up to Alguersuari!

Edited by Retro_Link

What a load of shit. USf1 aint racing so why cant they have there place. The sad thing is this is the one new team that could hav come in and at least been mid pack. Think its and probably based on some stupid corparate reason.

Plus they have stuff in Bahrain.

Plus they have stuff in Bahrain.

This has annoydme no end i mean we have lotus who will be crap, i dont want them to be but they will be. Then theres the menopause team who will be dreadful as well no doubt. And stefan GP really had a chance to get a few points. Just makes me angry the way F1 works. Even if they were dreadful this season at least they have a good foundation for the future, it just seems like they have been really short sighted.

Danny I think you're totally overestimating Stefan GP!

They've inherited an uncomplete car from Toyota... testing would have helped them to build upon it, but they haven't done any... and as such have no knowledge on anything else either.

And for this same reason I expect Menopause F1 to be dangerously off the pace aswell!

Plus for all we know the car Toyota were building for 2010 could have been crap... look at BMW last year!... and what with their inexperience in F1 it would take them even longer to modify the car throughout the season.

With McLaren, Ferrari, Red Bull and Mercedes no doubt all fighting for 8 out of 10 points paying positions, and Williams, Force India, Renault, Toro Rosso fighting over the last 2 places! I just can't see them scoring! They'd be finishing down with the others!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81892

Massa says new teams bad for F1

Felipe Massa has hit out at the new teams joining Formula 1 this season, suggesting that their relatively slow pace is bad for the championship and could pose a danger for the frontrunners.

Massa's Ferrari team has been strongly critical of the way the increased F1 entry was handled, and the Brazilian said the newcomers' lack of speed is a concern for him too.

"I hope they won't be a danger," said Massa in an interview with Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera reprinted on Ferrari's website.

"There are six/seven teams one second apart while those teams are four seconds behind. It's not good for the sport and not good for them: it's like two different series.

"They'll suffer. And we'll suffer too, when we have them in front of us during qualifying."

Lotus and Virgin were several seconds off the pace in pre-season testing, but are confident they will get up to speed given time and mileage, while fellow newcomer Hispania will not run until Bahrain next weekend.

Fair point!

Seeing as F1 bigwigs have been so shit at increasing overtaking in the sport... perhaps they've just resorted to chucking in a bunch of backmarkers. :rolleyes:

Edited by Retro_Link

Danny I think you're totally overestimating Stefan GP!

They've inherited an uncomplete car from Toyota... testing would have helped them to build upon it, but they haven't done any... and as such have no knowledge on anything else either.

And for this same reason I expect Menopause F1 to be dangerously off the pace aswell!

Plus for all we know the car Toyota were building for 2010 could have been crap... look at BMW last year!... and what with their inexperience in F1 it would take them even longer to modify the car throughout the season.

With McLaren, Ferrari, Red Bull and Mercedes no doubt all fighting for 8 out of 10 points paying positions, and Williams, Force India, Renault, Toro Rosso fighting over the last 2 places! I just can't see them scoring! They'd be finishing down with the others!

Fair point!

Seeing as F1 bigwigs have been so shit at increasing overtaking in the sport... perhaps they've just resorted to chucking in a bunch of backmarkers. :rolleyes:

Maybe i am overstating them a little bit. I didnt mean point scorers every race just a few races. I just think that compared to the other new teams this one had the bes chance. Toyotas car may have been crap compared to Mclaren red bull etc but i think it would have been good compared to lotus, HRT etc etc.

Lotus have a big update planned for Spain. Remember, the car they've currently got was built in 5 months and was just made a temporary stop to ensure they've got something on the grid. Expect a decent diffuser, new front and rear ring and underbody for them by spain, wouldnt be surprised to see them half their deficit to the front runners :)

Virgin...well I don't really know what to expect off them at all. Hispania racing, despite having done no testing, could actually be faster than both of them, as their car was built by Dallara who have access to GP2 aero times and according to Senna the figures show they should be rough 2 seconds a lap faster than gp2 cars, making them quicker than Virgin.

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/formula-1-news/229526/rome-grand-prix-confirmed-for-2013/

Rome Grand Prix confirmed for 2013

A Grand Prix on the streets of Italian capital city Rome has been confirmed by Formula 1 commercial rights holder Bernie Ecclestone for the 2013 season. The addition to the calendar will come as it increases in size once again, to 20 races.

"Rome will come into the programme for 2013," the Englishman told German magazine Speedweek. "We will have 20 races and the teams will be happy with it."

It is also believed that Ecclestone is still considering a return to the United States in the form of New York street race.

YAY, More street races!!!! :yay:

........ :cry:

I can't see the race calander ever increasing past 20, so with countries like Russia and India still not on the calander, seems it won't be long before ever struggling circuits like Germany, Canada, Japan etc... start getting dropped!