NEurope
ReZourceman

What Were You Doing This Time A Decade Ago?

Im gonna be completely honest:

Playing Pokemon Red. I remember spending most of the night trying to level up my Pidgeotto til it evolved (and boy was it glorious when it did).

Same thing, watching the time go in with family, except ++ alcohol. I was but a mere 13 year old in 1999 =P

I was 9 in 1999, do you feel old raining? :p

Given I barely recall much between 4-11ish I probably was doing nothing but sleeping!

Playing Donkey Kong 64 with some friends while all the adults in the house party got drunk =P

Im gonna be completely honest:

Playing Pokemon Red. I remember spending most of the night trying to level up my Pidgeotto til it evolved (and boy was it glorious when it did).

I pretty much did the same thing, but with Fifa 2000. I started at around noon, and pretty much played it until...11 o'clock. By then, I stopped playing and walked with my family to the big bridge close to our house to watch the fireworks, with lots of other peoples.

I don't exactly know why, but I was completely addicted to that game.

I was in a cottage in a very snowy Inverness with my mum, dad, 2 younger brothers, my best friends and their families. We spent a week playing Mario Golf 64, Jet Force Gemini and going sledging. £100 worth of fireworks for the millenium and about 300 sheep for company. One of the best holidays I ever had, it was amazing.

I pretty much did the same thing, but with Fifa 2000. I started at around noon, and pretty much played it until...11 o'clock. By then, I stopped playing and walked with my family to the big bridge close to our house to watch the fireworks, with lots of other peoples.

I don't exactly know why, but I was completely addicted to that game.

Fifa 2000 was classic ;)

Funnily enough Fierce, I spent the year before last watching Rocky on new years eve :) What a way to start the new year, by watching Rocky run up those steps in Philly...symbolic or what!

Fifa 2000 was classic ;)

Funnily enough Fierce, I spent the year before last watching Rocky on new years eve :) What a way to start the new year, by watching Rocky run up those steps in Philly...symbolic or what!

Ine got me the Doovde Boxset for Christmas. So, byebye tape versions, to the cupboard you go. We watched the first one (her first time) a few days ago. Quite a good New Year's Film to watch, as you say.

You're going to eat lightning and crap thunderrrr!

I was forced to go to my mum's friend's adult party, where the only other kids were these two brats who were about 5 years younger than me who seemed perfectly content playing Duke Nukem all night just to see pixellated strippers jiggle their tits.

Then we conga'd in the street, and all the neighbours joined in!

Playing Donkey Kong 64

How could I forget that this abomination came out ten Christmases ago. :woops: I would have been playing it too and wondering just how they went from the silky, mesmerising platforming of DKC 3 to... clunky, overcomplicated DK 64. (The DK Rap is still a guilty pleasure of mine though!)

Given I barely recall much between 4-11ish I probably was doing nothing but sleeping!

:cry:

haha, yes!

We had a big party at our house, lots of my parents friends but my brother and I also had a few of our friends too. Fireworks, silly dancing, the cereal box game. Massive millennium cake, it was lavish. I'm pretty sure I was in love with my best friends brother, a ginger guy called Harry. It was good, anyway.

:cry:

haha, yes!

Its alright you can get revenge, in june I'll be 20, nicht gut!!

I was ten years old and I went to my upstair-neighbour's party (I lived in a maisonette at the time) which was actually alright surprisingly. Me and my friends nicked some beer and started to drink it and no-one was none the wiser. I remember I started dating my mate's sister who kissed and asked me out at midnight and she was like 3 or 4 years older than I was and we managed to keep it secret until February...surprisingly my mate was alright about it (overprotective brother) but our mothers weren't, haha. We broke up the following week, it was fun while it lasted though :p

I was 12, I have no idea what I was doing. I think I was sleeping, I refused to believe that the start of the 2000's would bring an end to the doom and depression that inflicted our every day lives. Yes, I was a cynical child :heh: I was however right though.

Respect your elders you young whippersnapper! Yes, I was also 13 back in 1999. God I feel old!

As for what I was doing right now, I can't remember tbh. I was still at bloody school! Bloody hell, I feel even older now... :/

1999 digivolving into the year 2000. What were you doing huh?

I was seeing if the Millenium Bug was finally going to strike.

Its alright you can get revenge, in june I'll be 20, nicht gut!!

You seem to get younger with every passing year.

How could I forget that this abomination came out ten Christmases ago. :woops

Abomination? It's still the best Donkey Kong game in existence.

Abomination? It's still the best Donkey Kong game in existence.

No matter how many times you post back at me saying so, its just never gonna be true. :heh: Unless by best you mean worst.

It probably makes me a little biased that I played DK64 when it was out. I only played the DKC games when they were old and wrinkly.

It probably makes me a little biased that I played DK64 when it was out.

I got DK 64 when it came out too and I'm not biased... I WANT to be biased due to how great the DKC games were before it, but DK 64 is just so bad. :(

I only played the DKC games when they were old and wrinkly.

I take it then you're yet to play any of the DKC games? :grin:

I was 13. Probably at my Uncles or something like that celebrating New Years at his.

The only concrete thing I remember from the evening itself it trying to build a large "2000" in Lego. But it failed. The rest of the evening probably went like the other New Year's Eves.

I was 21 (older than most if you are now!) and at a lame house party that some friends took me to.

Single but surrounded by girls that were far too young. At midnight three close friends and I walked down a little lane and saw some fireworks. Overall ... lame.