N-Europe

SNOW!

Beast

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It snowed really heavily today for about 10 minutes. It covered most things, but then it buggered off as quickly as it came. Boo.

Was quite icy this morning. I got the car a bit unintentionally (ok maybe a bit intentional) sideways. Almost went arse over tit on the way to the car and again on my way into work as well.

We had some snow this end as well, not much as it blew over quick.

I'm not fussed to be fair, when i lived out in Germany we had the proper stuff. Not this flimsy stuff that is always wet and slippy. At least the stuff in Germany was dry and excellent to walk upon.

So I've had quite a bit of snow this evening and tonight (really nice walking back home at midnight in the snow).

Hopefully tomorrow there will be lots of snow in the day because there's this house about half an hour away from me that's dilapidated which I came across in Sept. I've wanted to take a picture of it when it's all snowed in for a while now.

There was literally a blizzard here in Cheshire on Thursday... I was walking with my girlfriend to my house and it had started, then we went in Tesco for 10 minutes. Once we came out everywhere was whiter than white... crazy! I love snow, though.

There'll apparently be a huge snowfall on Monday here...white Christmas, perhaps? :D

What is that a view of, Tales? It's indeed beautiful. :)

Thanks, it's indeed a great view. Bought a camera earlier this year, but this is the first time I have been home since I bought it so I thought I would take some pictures of the town and the surroundings. I'll see if I find that town thread and bump it later :)

What you are looking at is the Atlantic Ocean and two of the islands in the county. Skuløya is the island to the left and Fjørtofta to the right.

Here's a map, I live where the arrow points.

vikadalen.jpg

Thanks, it's indeed a great view. Bought a camera earlier this year, but this is the first time I have been home since I bought it so I thought I would take some pictures of the town and the surroundings. I'll see if I find that town thread and bump it later :)

What you are looking at is the Atlantic Ocean and two of the islands in the county. Skuløya is the island to the left and Fjørtofta to the right.

Here's a map, I live where the arrow points.

vikadalen.jpg

Ah, I just realised you're from Norway. :D I love the landscape of Scandinavia - though we Danes don't have much of the beautiful scenery, unfortunately. :heh: