NEurope
Dante

[SPOILERS!!] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Yeah I'm even a little annoyed that I'm now aware of what's likely the first boss!

Who was an absolute pussy. I was waiting for it to use it's tail.

The fact the Link is using the Mastersword would also lend more strength to the idea that Ganondorf will feature.

Isn't this the story of how the Master Sword was created and gained its powers? If anything, it confirms Ganondorf isn't the main villain (unless it involves an ancestor...or time travelling :heh:)

I like the new bold visual style for this new Zelda. :D

I think it will look even better this by next year and also not just in a training ground. :)

I like the route they've gone with this, I'm excited for this in a different way from Twilight Princess.

Focusing on controls first was a good idea, I felt so sorry for miyamoto up on stage that they didn't work that well especially after his badass entrance. I'm a little confused as to how they actually work. :p

Still i'm glad they didn't show an "epic" trailer because it hyped me up too much and I came out a bit disappointed since TP turned out different to the initial trailer.

For now i'm pleased with what has been shown, especially Link falling out the sky. :)

There's a theory that the Master Sword and the Picori Blade are the same. Minish Cap was about turning the Picori Blade into the four sword.

What rubbish. Who started this theory, you?

They're two different swords, for two different purposes.

I thought we had been through this already. Its a widely believed theory. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean nobody else does.

Edited by Emasher

What rubbish. Who started this theory, you?

They're two different swords, for two different purposes.

From Minish Cap

The-legend-of-zelda-the-minish-cap-20041007113007949_640w.jpg

FourSword.png

FourSword_Artwork.png

A "a widely believed theory"? Widely believed by whom?

If you want to make things up to make yourself feel better that's your decision but what evidence, or even vague suggestions are there to show it's the same sword? And don't say a few pixels make it look similar. Different name, different purpose, different origin.

First of all the fact that you haven't actually come across this theory makes it quite obvious that you haven't done much research on this.

Second of all, if you're going to get all up in arms because someone mentions a theory contrary to yours, you probably shouldn't be on the internet.

Its just a theory. Its not proven, and neither is yours.

What is your theory based on?? Mine isn't a theory, it's fact. They have two different names, they look different, they were created in different ways, and they do different things. What more evidence can you possibly want??

I have a theory that the Zelda timeline really just doesn't fucking matter in the least.

Drop it.

No its a theory.

Lots of stuff is named differently in Minish Cap. Possibly because it was created by a different team, but who really knows.

The only images we've seen of the Picori Blade are low resolution sprites.

The creation of the swords are legends, and there are contradictions about how they were created.

They do very similar things, not to mention the powers of at least the Picori blade have been know to change over time.

Now seriously, enough arguing about this. Its getting really old, and its not getting anywhere.

There's enough evidence to consider both valid theories, but nothing more.

Geez you guys, if you want to fight over Zelda timelines and whether or not a sword is the same, do it in private. It's really just pointless. Zelda is not about timelines at all, they're just a series of games, which sometimes drop hints in to other games in the series. That's it. Stop looking into it too much and just enjoy the games.

Anyway I really like the art style for this one. It's cell shaded, but also has a very artistic style to it (like some place said, impressionistic). Looks great and I can't wait to see more of it. =)

Personally, I don't want to fight over the Zelda timeline.

Anyway, a few interesting things I've found on other forums:

2881af9.png

32bb77467a.jpg

They didn't give us much to speculate on. Naturally people are going to start speculating on anything. I'm not claiming whoever made the image is correct.

i hope they dont change the cartoony style art of the game, i love it, i hope they polish it more background and the enemies, cant wait for this game

The two areas look very close to one another! Unless this is part of their less space, more life approach to the game.

Another good thing about the visual style is that the cleaner and less detailed textures will make it look better when viewed on an non 480p display.

The two areas look very close to one another! Unless this is part of their less space, more life approach to the game.

They were actually quite close together in Ocarina of time:

hyrule.jpg

I'm actually quite fed up with the cartoony art-style. It was incredibly nice in Wind Waker and it is good for the DS Zeldas but I would really like to see a very realistic approach, where enemies look threatening instead of cute. Probably due to its technical limitations I felt that OoT actually looked very realistic although having some cartoony elements. I'd like them to take this art direction and make it more realistic, even beyond TP realistic. It's not that I don't like cell shaded stuff, but I feel I've seen enough of it in recent Zelda games.

I also hope they drop the "Press A to do a super awesome move without requiring any skill". We have an almost 1:1 swordfighting mechanic now and I would really like to put that to good use - find out enemie's weakspots and specifically attack them through controlled slashes and that I can do cool stuff with my character because I mastered the controls and not because I know when to press a button that is display brightly on screen.

Pff, cmon guys looking for continuity accross Zelda games is a joke. The very most you'll ever get is subtle nods towards the fact these games are even related at all.

They were actually quite close together in Ocarina of time:

hyrule.jpg

True, as you could get to Zora's Domain through the Lost Woods but even then there was a sense of distance between the two. Here I can see the wall that, as far as I can tell, leads up to the river/waterfall.