NEurope
Dante

[SPOILERS!!] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

I seriously think its more likely that Metroid Other M, or Mario Galaxy 2 gets delayed until march than Zelda

Mario and Metroid will have had trailers out an entire year before we've even seen the next Zelda... and you think it's more likely those two games will get released AFTER Zelda, a game we've seen nothing of and is unlikely to be rushed into release within months of it's first showing?

Just to clear things up a little:

Intelligent Systems seems to be just developing Wii Ware now.

Yes but not the whole team, Intelligent systems has 127 employers working there I am sure they can have a couple of other projects working on at the same time.

Monolith is currently working on a game called Monando, which will almost surely be out this year.

It might be, it might not be, who knows, the first trailer looked very rough.

Since Miyamoto (Who is in charge of Nintendo EAD), seems to hate Donkey Kong now (He really didn't like what rare did with it), I really doubt he's going to want one of his main teams working on a new DK game.

He made them work on Donkey Kong Jungle beat which was a fantastic game that could funny enough stand up to the Country series.

Pikmin 3 was confirmed at E3 2008, and was confirmed to be not all that far in development at E3 2009.

Yeah and it's been a year now, they also have next year as well.

I'm sure project Sora or the new Retro Studio games will be great but they don't have the same brand name and therefore sales of the other Trinity games.

Hasn't stopped Nintendo in thinking of advertising the game. I still remember one of there games thats out in Japan on the DS Friend Collection, I didn't know much about it, but Nintendo advertised the fuck out of it and thanks to word of mouth each week it sells more then the week before.

Mario and Metroid will have had trailers out an entire year before we've even seen the next Zelda... and you think it's more likely those two games will get released AFTER Zelda, a game we've seen nothing of and is unlikely to be rushed into release within months of it's first showing?

Yeah...what Ronnie said

2chan Rumors

The game will be vary from the dungeon field dungeon method we are accustomed too (nothing new, Eiji Aonuma confirmed that last year).

You will be able to select right or left handed at the start, and Link will be left or right handed based on your selection

The gameplay and basic mechanics are complete.

They are currently polishing up the story and Characters.

One of the characters they are working on is a innkeeper in Link's home village who has a son that looks up to Link.

The girl in the art is not the Master Sword, and it appears the Master Sword will not be in the game.

The girls name from the painting could possibly be Adelle, Adella, or Aderu.

She is not with you throughout the game like Ezlo and Midna.

The face in the painting of her is not her real face. It's not fully elaborated on much, but it does say that it was a place holder concept art piece.(assuming the entire art itself was just concept work)

Link's sword is highly unique in this game, and will have several unlockable abilities. Adelle (or whatever her final name becomes) communicates with you through this sword.

There will be horseback combat. Epona will avoid obstacles automatically.

The models for 3 significant characters in the game have been touched up, but no they are not Zelda or Ganondorf. (google translate gives rough names of Link, Gorons, and Epona, but our translator said it's not specifically mentioned)

The idea of this version of Link also being The Hero of Time has been highly considered, and may already be implemented.

Time travel plays a roll in the game.

The game takes place in more than just Hyrule, and may possibly not be Hyrule at all.

Last time 2chan did Zelda rumors was when they called Zelda:TP as Valley Of Flood

I don't want to believe any of that because it's all sounding very Twilight Princess to me! With some OOT thrown in for good measure!

I don't want to play the same game yet again, the whole point was this Zelda was evolving the series!

Link's sword is highly unique in this game, and will have several unlockable abilities. Adelle (or whatever her final name becomes) communicates with you through this sword.

This is quite believable. But then it's also quite an obvious prediction for someone to think up on the spot.

Link's sword does seem likely to play a big part in the game though. We've never had swords with special powers before (not really anyway) and that customisation together with the new 1:1 motion plus control mechanic seems like a likely feature of Zelda Wii.

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww 2ch :laughing: , why even bother posting it :laughing:

Last time 2chan did Zelda rumors was when they called Zelda:TP as Valley Of Flood

Point proven : peace:

Time Travel is nothing really new to Zelda - both Ocarina and Majora's Mask heavily used the mechanic. However, perhaps we could see more complex manipulation of time - speeding up, slowing down, having multiple time points to jump to, future link helping past link solve puzzles (for example, you reach a double switch which needs to be hit at the same time, so travel a few minutes back in time to hit the switch, and then travel back to the future to his the second switch - and see your past self hitting the switch).

Time Travel is nothing really new to Zelda - both Ocarina and Majora's Mask heavily used the mechanic. However, perhaps we could see more complex manipulation of time - speeding up, slowing down, having multiple time points to jump to, future link helping past link solve puzzles (for example, you reach a double switch which needs to be hit at the same time, so travel a few minutes back in time to hit the switch, and then travel back to the future to his the second switch - and see your past self hitting the switch).

That sounds way to much like Braid.

My advice would be don't. Unless you get it really cheap, its just now worth it. One of the most overrated downloadable games ever.

I loved it, really creative and beautiful. I would really love if Zelda stole some of its elements.

post modern steam punk Zelda CONFIRMED!

or perhaps not I'm just thinking what the surprises could be...how about Epona turns into a train?! Oh wait...

I reckon a war will play a part in this Zelda. The artwork shown at e3 looks to me like a explosion...perhaps Link will time travel back and fourth to stop certain things happening in the present, a bit like Majoras mask..but the world isn't going to end by a massive moon...

I think it's pretty much a given that the sword will leave your hand and have more abilities or the girl he meets has the ability to become a sword..so therefore the 'actual' master sword isn't in the game...perhaps making the sword human will effectively make the game more creative in how you use the motion-plus etc..

Also will Link be flying in this game? Seems to me that the girl in the e3 artwork has wings? and it has been rumoured. So perhaps you'll be doing air-battles using the motion-plus too...someone in this thread mentioned that Wii Sports resort does indeed have many ideas that the new Zelda title will use...the flying, the crossbow, the canoe...

i think it'll be beautiful..with a mixture of wonderfully crafted, fairytale locations to areas which have been effected by the 'war' which is going on, it'll be grittier, definately.

Thats my ideas anyway. :smile:

Wii Sports resort almost seems made to test out how they can implement motion plus into the new Zelda game, which includes the flying sequence (I have a feeling that Link's method of transport will be a primitive plane)

Nintendo should take a leaf out of one the best series out there...Baten Kaitos

baten_kaitos_test_sc5.jpg

Instead of Hyrule being under water, why not the sky? Could also make awesome connection between the last dungeon of TP xD

The chances are slim to none, but would be awesome xD

Don't be so sure, given the 'flying' hint by Aonuma, floating Hyrule lands like the above could be a very likely possibility.

Throw in non-linear questing, more hands-on controls with motion plus and a MM type storyline and you've got a good recipe for a 'different and brand new Zelda' they keep going on about.

Nintendo should take a leaf out of one the best series out there...Baten Kaitos

Baten Kaitos is one gorgeous looking game- atleast as far as those overworld maps go anyway as I can't remember what towns and cities were like so much. :heh: Was it Diadem had the clouds rolling in through the city itself? Wherever it was, it looked lovely.

(I have a feeling that Link's method of transport will be a primitive plane)

I'd prefer a dragon of some sort.

I'd prefer a dragon of some sort.

That would most likely be too overpowered. Unless it was a weak dragon, in which case, you'd probably be better off in a plane anyway.

A young dragon prince, decendant of Valoo, would be great. He could have heard of you (the Hero in green) through stories passed down through his family.

I'd prefer a zeppelin or a hot-air balloon :) but I'd go crazy if they went all rennaissance on the flying machine's ass!

It could characterize the more prominent role of technology in the franchise.

leonardo-da-vinci-flying-machines.2.jpg

Anyone?:blush:

I reckon Link will fly with British Airways.

On second thoughts, that primitive plane is a better option.

My advice would be don't. Unless you get it really cheap, its just now worth it. One of the most overrated downloadable games ever.

Wow.

Braid is timeless. Beautiful game, amazing soundtrack, smart puzzles and a clever storyline if you complete it 100%.